Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    So arrows raining down from the sky isn't magical? Shooting half a dozen different arrows in different directions in front of you isn't magic? Even more once you get away from vanilla that looks pretty magic to me.
    Is a Rogue throwing venomous daggers around him or her magical? No, didn't think so.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Two words:

Talent Trees

I play a class, not a spec. Right now we have 36 classes. Classic has reminded me of why it was fun to customize your character to be more effective through talent choices.

Having the complete toolkit that your class is capable of as baseline is far more engaging than mysteriously forgetting how to cast a fireball by selecting one spec over another.

Also, bring back DK presences and Warrior stances
    Man I remember when someone at Blizzard thought it was a good idea to take away traps from non SV Hunters during the beginning of Legion.

This so much.
    Last edited by xZerocidex; 2019-09-24 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    Is a Rogue throwing venomous daggers around him or her magical? No, didn't think so.
    - - - Updated - - -

Man I remember when someone at Blizzard thought it was a good idea to take away traps from non SV Hunters during the beginning of Legion.

This so much.
    As a hunter main alt, i can say SV hunter without traps is stripped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Is this it? Sorry my ignorance but sometimes i'm not really inside of all the terms.
    Yes, snapshotting is what allowed the dot specs to shine, and gave them very interesting and fun ways to change the gameplay via trinkets or just any proc/active/on-use in general and increased the min/maxing ceiling by several miles compared to what we have now.
    Since it was removed feral has been on an identity crisis sucking ass and affliction/shadow had to be changed 20 times because it was hard to balance them.
    MoP was the golden age of snapshotting, and it was also removed on WoD pre-patch.

Examples of trinkets completely changing how you play your spec:
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=94532/r...re-origination

https://www.wowhead.com/item=94524/u...on-of-lei-shen
    Allowed demo locks to maintain a 100% crit doom and it did bad things to the boss.

Currently feral does have some snapshotting with 2 abilities but it's baby stuff compared to before. (TF and Bloodtalons) but stats do not snapshot.
    Last edited by kek280; 2019-09-24 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    Yes, snapshotting is what allowed the dot specs to shine, and gave them very interesting and fun ways to change the gameplay via trinkets or just any proc/active/on-use in general.
    Since it was removed feral has been on an identity crisis sucking ass and affliction/shadow had to be changed 20 times because it was hard to balance them.
    MoP was the golden age of snapshotting, and it was also removed on WoD pre-patch.

Examples of trinkets completely changing how you play your spec:
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=94532/r...re-origination

https://www.wowhead.com/item=94524/u...on-of-lei-shen
    Allowed demo locks to maintain a 100% crit doom and it did bad things to the boss.

Currently feral does have some snapshotting with 2 abilities but it's baby stuff compared to before. (TF and Bloodtalons) but stats do not snapshot.
    Ohhh, see this i knew what it was but i didn't know the name for it. I too like snapshotting then xD my ideal is then now that i know the name for it is: bring back snapshotting, remove pruning alias class fantasy, and remove gcds. Seems about it for me. (I really don't like GCD's, i tried cause i have to on my classes but i simply dislike it.)

- - - Updated - - -

*updated wishlist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nope, it's not magic. It's supposed to be amazing skill at using a bow, not magic. You are instead shooting multiple arrows, either in quick success at a parabolic arc for volley or simultaneously for multishot. There are actual archers in our world that can multishot three targets after all. If it can be done by a human in our non-magical world, it should be doable in Azeroth were everyone is magical to some degree, using exceptional materials with multiple enchantments both in bow construction and to enchant their own skills further.
    But the things I mentioned are impossible, and can't be done by a human in a non-magical world.

There is no way for a human to cause dozen upon dozens of arrows to rain down in a circle around them, nor is it humanly possible for a human for fire multiple arrows at once in multiple directions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

This so much.
    First off we aren't talking about rogues, second off a rogue carrying a hundred poisoned daggers to throw at people is impossible without some kind of magic, unless the rogue is carrying a portable replicator?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    But the things I mentioned are impossible, and can't be done by a human in a non-magical world.

There is no way for a human to cause dozen upon dozens of arrows to rain down in a circle around them, nor is it humanly possible for a human for fire multiple arrows at once in multiple directions.

- - - Updated - - -

First off we aren't talking about rogues, second off a rogue carrying a hundred poisoned daggers to throw at people is impossible without some kind of magic, unless the rogue is carrying a portable replicator?
    First off, it's a valid comparison regardless of what you think. Second, it isn't magic either, just because you see characters able to perform things that are impossible IRL doesn't mean magic was involved. Tell you what, go hop on a Rogue and get the silence effect placed on you and see can you still perform Fan of Knives. That'll shoot a hole through your silly, little assumptions and hopefully you realize how it doesn't make sense to say Rogues are using magic... same for Hunters.

At the end of the day, it's a game. There are bound to be things our characters can do that is impossible to do IRL.
    Last edited by xZerocidex; 2019-09-25 at 03:54 AM.