Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrawnBladefist View Post
    I am going to bring this up since this apparently has and probably will not be addressed.

So we have the fight with Saurfang Vs Sylvanas. Personally their is more wrong with that entire cinematic, but I want to focus on a particular point.

In Orc culture and Horde tradition it is clearly stated you cannot under any circumstances use a magical weapon in a Makrok.
    First, its "Mak'gora", and no, that rule does NOT exist.

Its Might vs Might. Straight up. Always has been. I have no idea where this insane-ass idea that you cant use magic or magic weapons (what, Grom wouldn't have been allowed to use his personal weapon, Gorehowl, in a Mak'gora? Give me a break) came from, but it has never been true.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think Saurfang knew he was going to die, he went into the battle prepared to die and expecting death - his goal wasn't to defeat Sylvanas, it was to make her reveal herself to everyone present; hence his little smile when she does exactly that. In that sense you could say he scored a strategic victory, even though he obviously lost the duel itself.
    i know that. i'm referring to the fight itself, as the question of who will in a 1v1 has been a big debate since the beginning of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Nah, just the minority of Sylvanas fanboys who can't accept their beloved thot queen was a terrible warchief and never gave a damn. Either way, calling this a Win. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    why so mad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    In all your Sylvanas fangirling you seem to have failed to notice that her daggers were inflicting blackened, tainted wounds. So yeah.
    That might not be the daggers though. Maybe Sylvanas herself infuses any weapon she touches, channeling her energy through them. In which case the wounds would have been the same, no matter what daggers she used.

I think Saurfang knew he was going to die, he went into the battle prepared to die and expecting death - his goal wasn't to defeat Sylvanas, it was to make her reveal herself to everyone present; hence his little smile when she does exactly that. In that sense you could say he scored a strategic victory, even though he obviously lost the duel itself.
    I'm still trying to understand why the emotionless and apathetic Banshee Queen is suddenly so hotheaded and off her rocker for these cinematics...

that and how she won the duel and still had to leave for some reason?

Ding ding.

The best plans dont plan a single path to victory; they plan so that ALL paths lead to victory, even if you dont live to see it. Victory here was revealing Sylvannas at any cost, even his own life, which was a price he was prepared to pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm still trying to understand why the emotionless and apathetic Banshee Queen is suddenly so hotheaded and off her rocker for these cinematics...

Well she almost lost an eye, that probably didn't help her temperament much. She was pretty cool/collected before that, smirking and smiling and toying with a much larger opponent.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

sylvanas died on the way back to her home planet
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I am going to bring this up since this apparently has and probably will not be addressed.

So we have the fight with Saurfang Vs Sylvanas. Personally their is more wrong with that entire cinematic, but I want to focus on a particular point.

In Orc culture and Horde tradition it is clearly stated you cannot under any circumstances use a magical weapon in a Makrok.

Saurfang took a weapon which had magical powers coursing through it and used it against Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas used two daggers I guess you can call them.

For all purposes, Sylvanas was 100% in the right to use magic then since Saurfang shows he clearly gives no shit about the rules himself.

Not only is he a traitor, he is a hypocrite for using a dishonorable weapon in a honor duel.
    This an asinine reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Ding ding.

The best plans dont plan a single path to victory; they plan so that ALL paths lead to victory, even if you dont live to see it. Victory here was revealing Sylvannas at any cost, even his own life, which was a price he was prepared to pay.
    Very well said.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the OP is a fucking idiot. Got it.

I think we can all move along now.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-09-24 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

10+ Year Old Account

Saurfang took a weapon which had magical powers coursing through it and used it against Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas used two daggers I guess you can call them.

For all purposes, Sylvanas was 100% in the right to use magic then since Saurfang shows he clearly gives no shit about the rules himself.

Not only is he a traitor, he is a hypocrite for using a dishonorable weapon in a honor duel.
    Both used magical weapons...if her weapons weren't magical then she was using some kind of magic to cause the wounds they did. She used a spell to kill him.

Either way she was the one who broke the rules.

Well she almost lost an eye, that probably didn't help her temperament much. She was pretty cool/collected before that, smirking and smiling and toying with a much larger opponent.
    Except, as shown one minute later, she had the capacity to blast Saurfang to afterlife in an instant. The tiny scratch she got on her eye isn't the life altering moment for her you pretend it to be. She got about as much damage from Genn in their final fight in Stormheim when he landed a blow on her jaw and somehow she didn't throw a tantrum over that. Even though she was playing with him as well and engaging in pointless acrobatic tricks that only let her show off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Okay seriously, why the fuck does the playerbase keep propagating this shit that's never been true?

Magic is not banned in a Mak'gora. It is not now and has never been. The only time it ever was was in the movie, which is not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Both used magical weapons...if her weapons weren't magical then she was using some kind of magic to cause the wounds they did. She used a spell to kill him.

Either way she was the one who broke the rules.
    What rules did she break again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

suddenly? she taunted arthas with the means to enter silvermoon, she's ALWAYS been a stupid hoe.

5+ Year Old Account

Because the narrative needed her to out herself. Her outburst wasn't planned, as Nathanos said being chased out was only an outcome she considered. I figured when was slashed, she thought: "Why am I even doing this, I don't care about being Warchief and I'll have my plan fulfilled either way." So she cut her attachments loose, since she didn't find value in keeping up the charade anymore.

Even though she could've had her cake and ate it too, she had to lose for the sake of Horde reunification and Saurfang's closure. It felt really abrupt and cheesy, even if I could understand the reasoning behind it. Concept was okay-ish, delivery fell flat. It's like how the burning of Teldrassil simply looks like she committed genocide, because she got triggered. Decent reasoning behind it, flat delivery that doesn't convey the intent.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't even a real mak'gora. A real one requires both competitors to be clad in loincloth with no armor, and a weapon of their choice blessed prior to the fight. No magic is allowed.

So already there's like 4 rules broken:

1) They're both in armor, which out of all of these is probably the least of anyones concerns.

2) Shalamayne is a magical sword. Also not to mention Sylvanas was using some sort of enchantment on her daggers because when Saurfang got cut it left purple/black shadow cuts.

3) Sylvanas cheated by using magic just like Thrall did.

4) Neither of them had their weapons blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    suddenly? she taunted arthas with the means to enter silvermoon, she's ALWAYS been a stupid hoe.
    almost every story she's present in portrays her as some unfeeling, uncaring being with an emotional spectrum that makes Kirsten Stuart seem to have range of emotion. She might have some thing going on in her head but it would never show on her face or in her actions except when some scheme was in the works. Now we have her appearing to snap at Darkshore and once again when Saurfang stands up and swings that sword around.

She's been run through (multiple times), shot in the head, and her soul has been ripped asunder. A scratch across the face seems like minor inconvenience... but then again this does start to go into the ever inconsistent nature of physical traits of various undead. Nevermind that whole red energy fluff

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    It wasn't even a real mak'gora. A real one requires both competitors to be clad in loincloth with no armor, and a weapon of their choice blessed prior to the fight. No magic is allowed.

1) They're both in armor, which out of all of these is probably the least of anyones concerns.

2) Shalamayne is a magical sword. Also not to mention Sylvanas was using some sort of enchantment on her daggers because when Saurfang got cut it left purple/black shadow cuts.

there is nothing wrong in magical weapons since even th doomhammer is a magical weapon.

The mak'gora in the recent years was a fight of "equals" meaning you put things on the table to make a fair fight, both had armor, both had two weapons, and thats it. Like in the comic between a shaman and a paladin, both used magic, both could do that.

She using magic was cheating the same way thrall did, the problem is if you want absolve one you have to absolve the other too

regardless, cheating or not was totally irrelevant since she confessed first.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post

Of the at least 9 cases of Mak'gora, the rules you're citing were only used in ONE. Thrall and Garrosh fought in armor for both of their Mak'gora. An elf and orc both used magic as part of their own Mak'gora. Magic was only frowned on for the movie's Mak'gora (nvm i'm not counting that one among the 9~ due to the nature of the movie just doing whatever it wanted with teh lore).

The armor restriction, weapon regulation was only a thing for Cairne v. Garrosh.