Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    Because she is the rightful heir to the throne of Lordaeron and the Forsaken are citizens of Lordaeron. Why would you hold something her brother did against her? she had nothing to do with that.
    but the Forsaken are no longer merely the people of lordaeron... why should they want Calia, who gave up all claims till it suited her, to rule them in ANY capacity.

Calia has no actual claim to the forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    She's friendly with alliance leaders but that doesn't make her an alliance character unless I missed something? Also factions are most likely gonna be dissolved outside of gameplay so that's irrelevant.
    She openly tried to cause part of forsaken leadership to defect to the alliance during BtS making her the enemy of forsakens as a faction.

It would the same as if a chinese person who isn't a citizen of US caused important minister try to defect to russia and some of them tried to defect and were caught so chinese person would still would be an enemy of US for the rest of his life.

Same applies here desolate council led forsakens during legion and knew forsaken state secrets. Also as such forsakens are more than people from lordaeron.

Also often if a murder kills a person relatives of the murdered would despise the murderers relatives and alot of forsaken would tie their arthas hatred towards calia. Also another example is how people who were affected by the third reinch treated the family of regimes leadership like the family of reinhard heinrich and they were treated very badly by common people affected eventhough the child had nothing to do what his father did.

As such we easily see that victims of tyrant often keep their hatred for rest of their lives even towards the family members who were innocent so by normal logic most of forsaken population wouldn't accept calia.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2019-09-25 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    She openly tried to cause part of forsaken leadership to defect to the alliance during BtS making her the enemy of forsakens as a faction.

It would the same as if a chinese person who isn't a citizen of US caused important minister try to defect to russia and some of them tried to defect and were caught so chinese person would still would be an enemy of US for the rest of his life.

Same applies here desolate council led forsakens during legion and knew forsaken state secrets. Also as such forsakens are more than people from lordaeron.

Also often if a murder kills a person relatives of the murdered would despise the murderers relatives and alot of forsaken would tie their arthas hatred towards calia. Also another example is how people who were affected by the third reinch treated the family of regimes leadership like the family of reinhard heinrich and they were treated very badly by common people affected eventhough the child had nothing to do what his father did.

As such we easily see that victims of tyrant often keep their hatred for rest of their lives even towards the family members who were innocent so by normal logic most of forsaken population wouldn't accept calia.
    lets be honest here... what's likely going to happen is that she's going to be absolved of her relation to arthas among teh masses of forsaken cause she isn't Sylvanas and will swoop in and take care of them when their dark lady forsook them because... because... well the plot hasn't gone that far but i'm sure there's some reason

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    lets be honest here... what's likely going to happen is that she's going to be absolved of her relation to arthas among teh masses of forsaken cause she isn't Sylvanas and will swoop in and take care of them when their dark lady forsook them because... because... well the plot hasn't gone that far but i'm sure there's some reason
    We have plenty of forsaken who can lead and after sylvanas and nathanos most influental forsaken is master apocthecary faranel and he holds the most stable power base in forsaken faction now and calian wouldn't like forsakens royal apothecary society and their experiments so most likely they would be driven out as because of them as calia lost nearly everything to their blight.

So that would mean forsaken civil war. Even after wotlk faranell was the one who would have led forsaken if valkyrs had not brought sylvanas back.

So you have no real arguments expect wait and see on calias leadership. Even lilian has more supporting arguments to be next leader as she is a war hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    We have plenty of forsaken who can lead and after sylvanas and nathanos most influental forsaken is master apocthecary faranel and he holds the most stable power base in forsaken faction now and calian wouldn't like forsakens royal apothecary society and their experiments so most likely they would be driven out as because of them as calia lost nearly everything to their blight.

So that would mean forsaken civil war. Even after wotlk faranell was the one who would have led forsaken if valkyrs had not brought sylvanas back.

So you have no real arguments expect wait and see on calias leadership. Even lilian has more supporting arguments to be next leader as she is a war hero.
    I'm just saying calia cause she's the one with the follow on quest and pushing to lead the undead. I'm not saying hse's a good fit or that she should... she DOES have the breadcrumb story lead on however.

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    Seriously?! They just write the Forsaken Identity off of them? I enjoyed their nihilistic approach and rational cutthroat personality, but screw diversity I guess... lets all be humans just in different shapes. They essentially let the alliance assimilate the Horde and Calia becoming the leader would be the cherry on top. I'm just pissed off at the writers... they killed any ambiguity, written the lamest twist of events just to have another cartoon villain that the Alliance can defeat with the power of friendship.
    Exatcly how I feel... I'm not huge into the lore or usually care about this but Forsaken/undead are my favorite race mainly BECAUSE of that identity.

I feel like Blizzard were waiting for Classic release so now every race will be united and friendly holding hands.. No one will argue against it because the sjw will say "just play classic"

Oh well. i'll still try the next expansion on my Undead warlock, even if I'm forced to hold the Alliance hand in the name of friendship
    Last edited by Olololo2r5; 2019-09-25 at 03:21 AM.

It's amusing seeing all of the whining. People seem to be crying over the Forsaken's "identity" being "ruined" because Sylvanas was given the boot. Thing is, that getting rid of Sylvanas is the ONLY way to FIX the Forsaken narrative in any way, shape, or form. It has been utterly and completely stagnant since Vanilla! Humans have had more individuality than them! Same with Worgen, or Dwarves! And, yes, Orcs. Their "identity" has been shackled so wholly to one singular Elven woman for so long, that they, as a race, have no identity! It was all just "Sylvanas" this, or "Dark Lady" that. The only way for the Forsaken to gain more narrative, characterization, and changes, is to get rid of the group-think enforcing tyrant/blackhole lore character named "Sylvanas Windrunner".
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2019-09-25 at 03:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    It's amusing seeing all of the whining. People seem to be crying over the Forsaken's "identity" being "ruined" because Sylvanas was given the boot. Thing is, that getting rid of Sylvanas is the ONLY way to FIX the Forsaken narrative in any way, shape, or form. Their "identity" has been shackled so wholly to one singular for so long, that they, as a race, have no identity! It was all just "Sylvanas" this, or "Dark Lady" that. The only way for the Forsaken to gain more narrative, characterization, and changes, is to get rid of the group-think enforcing tyrant/blackhole lore character named "Sylvanas Windrunner".
    Quoting this for truth. It's time for the forsaken to become something other than "that Sylvanas race".
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Quoting this for truth. It's time for the forsaken to become something other than "that Sylvanas race".
    Having strange new interactions with Calia would also be interesting. Especially if she's trying to help some of them with their "penguin punching" antics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having strange new interactions with Calia would also be interesting. Especially if she's trying to help some of them with their "penguin punching" antics.
    True, there's some good potential for comedic moments with it too.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's amusing seeing all of the whining. People seem to be crying over the Forsaken's "identity" being "ruined" because Sylvanas was given the boot. Thing is, that getting rid of Sylvanas is the ONLY way to FIX the Forsaken narrative in any way, shape, or form. It has been utterly and completely stagnant since Vanilla! Humans have had more individuality than them! Same with Worgen, or Dwarves! And, yes, Orcs. Their "identity" has been shackled so wholly to one singular Elven woman for so long, that they, as a race, have no identity! It was all just "Sylvanas" this, or "Dark Lady" that. The only way for the Forsaken to gain more narrative, characterization, and changes, is to get rid of the group-think enforcing tyrant/blackhole lore character named "Sylvanas Windrunner".
    Blizzard can make Forsaken narrative really cool now that Sylvanas is gone . But they won’t. Don’t wanna have evil tyrant loving playable races when all races stand as one

They will add upright male forsaken and have the option to remove the bones. They will even say “for Azeroth” and “not my banshee queen” , becoming humans with pale skin. Even light bound forsaken will be a thing.
    Last edited by Olololo2r5; 2019-09-25 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    So that's what I thought when I saw the epilogue of the alliance that she will give hope to them.

the factions are going to dissolve in any way

the dialogues of the forsaken in orgrimmar clearly indicate that an important change is being prepared for the race
    Forsaken Refugee: How could Sylvanas abandon us like this?

Forsaken Refugee: She's never been loyal to the Horde.

Forsaken Refugee: No, not the Horde. Us. The forsaken. We're her people.

Forsaken Refugee: Not anymore

Orgrimmar Grunt: You must be saddened to see Sylvanas leave.

Forsaken Refugee: Why? Because I'm Forsaken? Did you shed tears for Garrosh because you're an orc?

Orgrimmar Grunt: No... I shed tears because he brought shame to us all.
    What is with everyone stating the factions are going away as though it is confirmed fact? Because in a few cinematics some faction leaders held hands and made up? That has happened almost every expansion after a renewed faction flare up. The factions arent going anywhere. There is more conflict between them now than in vanilla, even after the latest cinematics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they have variable identities but they also tend to have the "not feeling" part in common. Whoever is their leader should still embrace the rather dark ethical standard they have, rather than Calia turn them into just humans but with exposed bones.

Plot devices seem to point that way. Notably, the fact that she was killed and rezzed for no apparent other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This is probably the most disgusting outcome possible.
    I don't think I've ever threatened to quit playing WoW over game lore but.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its more like Calia "bland lawful good {guys i can't write characters other than humans}" to voss "Are linkin park refences still funny?".
    It remains to be seen what Calia will actually be like - though based on the questline from Voss she does appear to be the in the beneficent and altruistic mold (she is, after all, a Priest). I don't know what you're talking about with Voss and "linkin park references" so I can't really speak to that.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    What's matter if Calia is Alliance? Alliance soon will cease to exist. And the Horde too. At least, they way we know they for the last 15 years.

The Unification is the future.

The Darkest elements of the Forsaken will leave, and will rejoin Sylvana's Death Empire.

The new Forsaken, the Redeemed, are the fallen citizens of Lordaeron that just wanna live their unlive in peace. And thats fine. Calia could guide them and leade them.

And our old sadistic and evil Forsaken, could join the new Empire of Sylvanas. And thats fine.

As a Forsaken fan, I like this. A lot. Not all the undead must be sadistic monsters. But that don't mean that they need to be neutered down. So, I'm happy with two philosophical factions of undead existing.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    but the Forsaken are no longer merely the people of lordaeron... why should they want Calia, who gave up all claims till it suited her, to rule them in ANY capacity.

Calia has no actual claim to the forsaken.
    That's what I say. She needs to earn that position if Blizzard seem to still be going through with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That's what I say. She needs to earn that position if Blizzard seem to still be going through with that.
    I don't expect anything more than a 'I am Calia Menethil, rightful heir to Lordaeron... you are my people!' followed on with some schpeel about how she too is undead.

It's not enough, but that's all I expect they'll have and make it 'work' about as well as this rebellion did.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Lady watches over you.