Poll: How would you rate the cinematics on a scale of 1 to 5?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    This whole story has been written and driven by a Sylvunus fanatic with a 12 year old mindset and experience in writing. It is damn straight an insult to the intelligence of their player base.
    It was moving, sad, epic and awesome.
    A warrior choosing death over a massacre. A self sacrifice for the good of the people.

It was unrealistic because Sylvanas pretty much opened her mouth in a situation that if she didnt, she would still control the Horde.

But it was epic imo

i want to know if we can dismiss the shadowlands leak or not

I think they were pretty good. It's WoW, compared to what we generally it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    i want to know if we can dismiss the shadowlands leak or not
    People are still defending it.

To people that think the story writing is bad/laughable/etc., what kind of stories do you consider good? What's a book/movie/game you love the story of? I feel like people who hate WoW's story literally have never liked a story from anything in their lives. Realistically, this story is probably among the best I've ever seen/read in any Movie/TV Show/Book. I can't compare anything to it without the other thing looking worse than Warcraft's.

Is it predictability you don't like? I've yet to read/watch anything in my entire life that I couldn't predict at least 95% of the events and 100% always knew the outcome.

Is it gameplay you don't like? I would never consider this a tie-in with the story itself. I've seen many games that have great stories even though the game itself is awful.

Is it the lack of war you don't like? Of course the war between factions would end. It's literally inevitable. Either they make peace or one kills the other. There will always continue being war, though, and quite frankly, war between other things (old gods, for example) are infinitely more intriguing that Alliance vs. Horde.

What is it, in particular, you don't like? Or, maybe the question should be, what is it about other things that you do like so much that Warcraft lacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    This was even worse than I have imagined it. Holy shit. Every single single frame of this was terrible. Its exactly the ending that we made fun of LOL
    It was?

I thought we make fun of everything?

Did I watch the same cinematics as everybody else? Like, sure, the story isn’t a Machiavellian masterpiece but this is a video game where we slay internet dragons for imaginary loot. What were you guys expecting? The bitter cynicism of this community is perplexing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Did I watch the same cinematics as everybody else? Like, sure, the story isn’t a Machiavellian masterpiece but this is a video game where we slay internet dragons for imaginary loot. What were you guys expecting? The bitter cynicism of this community is perplexing at times.
    In my opinion there is only one thing worth mentioning that is "bad" on the cinematic.
    The fact that Sylvanas broke character and opened her mouth in front of the entire Horde. The same Horde she would still control if she didnt open her mouth.

The rest felt amazing.

I cringed a little bit seeing Saurfang quoting the "hope" line of the random nightelf on the Tree massacre.
    But so far i teared up watching the cinematic.

Edit: To be honest, is kinda growing on me the fact Sylvanas broke character...it somewhat cool also.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Looking back at it now I don't see the point of this duel. It wasn't exciting or anything. Saurfang seemed tired and weak, he was such a pushover. He looked like one of those training dummies. Knowing Saurfang and seeing all the badass things he's done over the years I would've thought he'd put up more of a fight than that. Did he just all of a sudden lose all of his strength? Did he just want to die? He was super slow and had no reflexes whatsoever he just let Sylvanas cut him up like a pig. All he managed to do against her was give her a little paper cut under her eye. I hope it didn't ruin her makeup.
    Saurfang is old, tired and disillusioned. all of his interactions with his entourage suggest that he went into the fight knowing either that he couldn't win or that losing would accomplish more than winning. he wasn't fighting to defeat Sylvanas, he was fighting to martyr himself and turn her followers against her.

Absolutely horrendous, Garrosh 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    he wasn't fighting to defeat Sylvanas, he was fighting to martyr himself and turn her followers against her.
    Exactly. Did someone missed this after watching the cinematic? lel

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    In my opinion there is only one thing worth mentioning that is "bad" on the cinematic.
    The fact that Sylvanas broke character and opened her mouth in front of the entire Horde. The same Horde she would still control if she didnt open her mouth.

The rest felt amazing.

I cringed a little bit seeing Saurfang quoting the "hope" line of the random nightelf on the Tree massacre.
    made me think of Kelsier from Mistborn "I am the one thing you can never kill. I am Hope."

and yes, Sylvanas betrayed her selfishness far too easily, but on the other hand it shows just how damn cocky she's become. could be she feels she no longer needs the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    made me think of Kelsier from Mistborn "I am the one thing you can never kill. I am Hope."
    Hope reminds me of the Pandoras Box story also

and yes, Sylvanas betrayed her selfishness far too easily, but on the other hand it shows just how damn cocky she's become. could be she feels she no longer needs the Horde?
    Yeah, it could mean she has no need for the Horde atm...bow what kind of power does she hold to discard the entire horde like that? As if it was nothing? thats insane

Oof, so much negativity within this community
    Pretty nice overall, actually excited to see what's Sylvanas master plan. Maybe some cool things ahead of us.

The story in itself could be fine if they didn't convolute the everloving shite out of it... Buuut well. I'm hoping this expansion is just a violent food poisoning working itself out...

I can hope, ok...I don't want to have wasted 14 years with this game for it to just...crash and burn like this. Hope is slim though, so I guess it is possible for Sylvanas to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

The rest felt amazing.

But so far i teared up watching the cinematic.

Edit: To be honest, is kinda growing on me the fact Sylvanas broke character...it somewhat cool also.
    I actually really liked that part. Saurfang was there in person afterall. He saw Sylvanas lose it with Delaryn. Him mentioning that was entirely intentional to get her to lose composer again. For the Horde to see who she really is.

I personally enjoyed the correlation between this cinematic and the Wrathgate one. Alliance and Horde forces standing at the gates of an enemy base, their leaders taunting the enemy himself. Sylvanas walking out of the gates in the same manner the Lich King did. Saurfang saying "Let it be finished" before attacking and being killed, just like his son. Very nice little details.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I actually really liked that part. Saurfang was there in person afterall. He saw Sylvanas lose it with Delaryn. Him mentioning that was entirely intentional to get her to lose composer again. For the Horde to see who she really is.
    Well...he was holding an Alliance sword...with Alliance allies...and "For Azeroth"...so i dont know why i cringed a little bit when he quoted the nightelf.
    I need to watch the cinematic a third time to see if it grows on me

Where was Alleria? Chilling and giving out upgrades to players on the 7th legion boat in Boralus?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Plenty of sites use percentages or school grades. As someone pointed out, depending on where you're from, rating systems work differently.
    At which point higher is still better. I have never, ever seen a rating system where lower is better.