Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a point to Ravenholdt?

I'm surprised that you get a quest to go all the way to Ravenholdt Manor but there's literally nothing to do when you're there except collect syndicate emblems which seem to lead to no reward. What's the point of this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    I'm surprised that you get a quest to go all the way to Ravenholdt Manor but there's literally nothing to do when you're there except collect syndicate emblems which seem to lead to no reward. What's the point of this place?
    The emblems are used to raise your reputation with Ravenholdt. Originally, once friendly, there were to be more quests, but the entire thing was left unfinished.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    When Legion was announced and class order halls previewed I was 100% dead positive on what a few of the class order halls would be, it was quite obvious to me at the time. (yeah pretty sure I got all of them wrong and most were confusingly so. Pallies and DKs were the only ones that fit existing lore IIRC)
    I thought I was befuddled when Mages didn't get Karazahn but at least a place in Dalaran made some sense; but How in blazes Rogues did not get a revamped Ravenholdt I'll never understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

There should at least be a title associated with it, like "Lord of Ravenholdt."

The fact our Order Hall wasn't Ravenholdt proves that it has no point.

Only for a title. But not in classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    When Legion was announced and class order halls previewed I was 100% dead positive on what a few of the class order halls would be, it was quite obvious to me at the time. (yeah pretty sure I got all of them wrong and most were confusingly so. Pallies and DKs were the only ones that fit existing lore IIRC)
    I thought I was befuddled when Mages didn't get Karazahn but at least a place in Dalaran made some sense; but How in blazes Rogues did not get a revamped Ravenholdt I'll never understand.
    Not only did we get a dumpster place, literally, but we still have to flash a stupid badge to a stupid NPC any time we want to to enter the stupid hall. It's not like we saved the world, became the Order's headmaster, saved the world two more times and are basically better known then most leading NPCs in the game...
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The fact our Order Hall wasn't Ravenholdt proves that it has no point.
    That actually really surprised me during Legion.. well when I say surprised I mean dissapointed.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Farming reputation for bragging rights.

Isn't there also some involvement for the opening of AQ gates?
    If I remember correctly there is some form of opening quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Not only did we get a dumpster place, literally, but we still have to flash a stupid badge to a stupid NPC any time we want to to enter the stupid hall. It's not like we saved the world, became the Order's headmaster, saved the world two more times and are basically better known then most leading NPCs in the game...
    I actually really like that part. And if they are lorewise concerned about unwanted people sneaking in, of course they require even someone as famous as the player to have a badge, otherwise anyone could disguise themselves as you. Hell, the entire rogue story was about a dreadlord impersonating a famous high ranking rogue...
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Which shows how useful their idiotic gatekeeping really is. They really dropped the ball regarding accessibility across guild halls and we got the worst possible iteration.
    Imagine having a Ravenholdt Insignia porting us to the Manor.
    -Voltaire
    winning

It was central to several parts of the Classic WoW rogue experience, particularly learning "detect traps" with your old friend "Milton Beats: The Giver of Beatings."

I believe you also learned poisons here, as part of the quest chain to nullify that long lasting anti-stealth poison.

It was basically an order hall before order halls. It also played a significant role in a rogue legendary quest chain with Wrathion. He's coming up in the story soon, so you might look that up. There's some great moments.

But now? Only an Insane person would want to grind rep with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    That actually really surprised me during Legion.. well when I say surprised I mean dissapointed.
    Agreed tenfold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine having a Ravenholdt Insignia porting us to the Manor.
    This may be usefull - .https://www.wowhead.com/item=139590/...ort-ravenholdt
    Death to the Alliance. Death to the Horde. Death to the Living.

5+ Year Old Account
    Of course there is a point. Several infact. Every member carries to pointy daggers. Two points per member

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Seriously. A rogue class hall has literally been in the game from the start. Not using Ravenholdt was a crime.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I believe you also learned poisons here, as part of the quest chain to nullify that long lasting anti-stealth poison.
    I am pretty sure that one is at SI 7 in Stormwind

Yeah, Ravenholdt could have been expanded quite a lot and used as rogue class hall. It was basically already determined, but Blizzard decided it wasn't good enough and gave us sewers.

However i don't know how canon lore is on this, but at the end of Cataclysm the Legendary daggers quest had us to go there and fight a black dragon, destroying the place. It's not like it cannot be rebuilt, but probably by canon it's still destroyed.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    , but probably by canon it's still destroyed.
    That's what you call a good cover. Who would investigate a burnt down estate?
    -Voltaire
    winning

That's what you call a good cover. Who would investigate a burnt down estate?
    Fully agree. They could have made great use for the location. Also, i think Class Halls could have been made a permanent thing through all future expansions given how they can provide a solid personal progression and just makes sense thatw e as players are basically one of the most renown living being on the whole fucking planet.

Instead they just vanished because "NU MOH RELEVUNT".

I'm starting to hate this "reset everything" cycle. Plus given how the game has become "you can engage in 82754763258734 systems but if you don't do everything you're behind" i cannot see myself playing in foreseeable future, both for burning out and lack of actual time to play. Especially since M+ is literally invalidating raiding (while the system is really good as content imho).

It stopped being good when "how much time people stay online" became more important than "how many people are paying us a sub".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Fully agree. They could have made great use for the location. Also, i think Class Halls could have been made a permanent thing through all future expansions given how they can provide a solid personal progression and just makes sense thatw e as players are basically one of the most renown living being on the whole fucking planet.

Instead they just vanished because "NU MOH RELEVUNT".

I'm starting to hate this "reset everything" cycle. Plus given how the game has become "you can engage in 82754763258734 systems but if you don't do everything you're behind" i cannot see myself playing in foreseeable future, both for burning out and lack of actual time to play. Especially since M+ is literally invalidating raiding (while the system is really good as content imho).

It stopped being good when "how much time people stay online" became more important than "how many people are paying us a sub".
    agreed, we were just playing a game but to them we were murdering innocents. rubbish
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”