Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Visual quality? Top notch.

Writing quality? Top kek.
    Quoted for truth. Really wish bliz would hire someone who knows how to tell a story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'm glad they fixed the animations in their ingame cinematics tbh, the one in 8.2 with Jaina's unhinged jaw was just creepy..

As for the new ones, already wrote it in the speculation thread, but I think this was the best way to resolve this whole shit show. The whole expansion started by forced idiotic writing, it was never going to end with awsome writing. But it ends with sylvanas being outed by being easily provoked again, in that regard the whole thing is pretty much full circle with a neatly tied bow, the villain felled by hubris, that's as classic as you can get in writing. Saurfang got his end, mimicing his son's in so many ways. The true actors for the next act have been put on the stage, from here on it just depends on what they do with it.

My only issue is with the loyalist ending.. her "but my true plan" bullshit is just grating to me, that is just mustache twirling at it's lowest and her true goal being some convoluted BS just makes this worse..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-09-25 at 06:05 AM.

The Quaility of the Cinematics where great. I love it's a thing, But story wise i am very displeased.. but it great they added the afford with such a beautifull cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I know I was. I did not expect it to be the same grade as the expansion reveal, and moreso, as long as it was.. really surprised, but very pleased as well.
    It can be the most shiny, decorated and polished piece of shit but in the end it's still a piece of shit.

It was a waste of resources if a lot of people hated it. They put in so much effort to make this, which normally is only for an expansion reveal, only for people to be letdown.

What if Blizzard put in this much effort making the game fun to play and releasing actual content? Sure the cinematic team making all this is doing a great job as always, but the rest of the game is severely lacking making this look unbalanced.

It is like Star Wars under Disney. Sure it may look nice visually, but it shits all over the established lore and destroys a beloved franchise by forcing a political agenda unto a loyal community. It's a gigantic middle finger to all of us comparable to "you think you do, but you don't" and "do you guys not have phones?". What a way to f*ck up.

I love how every fantasy has to play the trope of marching ALL their troops into a position where the enemy has high ground and could easily wipe them out.

At the same time the good guys are also stupid, because Sylvanis exposed herself, in the open, and they let some silly orcish tradition play out, instead of having every archer available fire on her position.

It is forced drama that makes no sense, like much of this game. It is part of the reason I quit.

Edit: Also, unlike everyone else, I loved the gameplay of this expansion. Maybe it was because I Played, raided and pvpd with a Steam Controller and it felt amazing.

But I think this is because the game is, unfortunately, built for consoles, but must be played with a mouse and keyboard, which makes no sense.

Playing a Warrior and Demon Hunter on a steam controller made the game feel like a complex action RPG like Dark Souls.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2019-09-25 at 07:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was epic but felt too much like wrath gate 2.0 mixing with MOP 2.0 and Garrosh 2.0

Time to have more imagination guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I know I was. I did not expect it to be the same grade as the expansion reveal, and moreso, as long as it was.. really surprised, but very pleased as well.
    Honestly, all cinematics in Blizzard's holding has been great to me. Of course, what is going on in it is different.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I love overall that we are getting so many cinematics for a single expansion. I only hope its a trend that continues in 8.3 and 9.0
    Hear hear, same, hope it continues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, all cinematics in Blizzard's holding has been great to me. Of course, what is going on in it is different.
    You get it, all too well.

Think it was amazing. But as usual the cry babies will cry about the story and Sylvanas new powers, even though npc:s ingame said she used some new magic. The will cry about everything and knit pick stuff. After that they will renew theur sub and play some more.

About horde and alliance working togheter in a new way, I actually think it's refreshing. Both the rebel horde and the Alliance wanted her gone. Stirring in the faction pot is a good thing and could revitalize the game. It doesn't mean it will be changed forever. I really enjoyed the ear campaign. It doesn't mean the expansion is perfect, but the war campaign is one of the better aspects.
    Last edited by Laserchicken87; 2019-09-25 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserchicken87 View Post
    Think it was amazing. But as usual the cry babies will cry about the story and Sylvanas new powers, even though npc:s ingame said she used some new magic. The will cry about everything and knit pick stuff. After that they will renew theur sub and play some more.
    Do you really think people would cancel their subscriptions over shit storytelling? What crazy dream world are you living in?

The writing is shit, it is even laughable, it makes sense for people to complain it. Still, writing is not the most important thing and it is not why most people play the game. It makes no sense to expect people would quit over a badly written cinematic and/or story.

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    Do you really think people would cancel their subscriptions over shit storytelling? What crazy dream world are you living in?

The writing is shit, it is even laughable, it makes sense for people to complain it. Still, writing is not the most important thing and it is not why most people play the game. It makes no sense to expect people would quit over a badly written cinematic and/or story.
    Yeah, and then they will cry about the classes, the raids or something else. It's not like the story is the only thing they complain about.

And the writing is not that bad. It's not perfect, not at all. But it's enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Visual quality? Top notch.

Writing quality? Top kek.
    This sums it up pretty well.

visually it was really good. Story wise it was an atrocious POS. Entire BFa story has been a mess its almost asif they hired a complete new writer team for BFA and turned it into a garbage version of disney.