Shadow Priest stealth nerf?

Hello,

After 8.2.5, I'm not getting any insanity from using Power Word: Shield outside of combat, which was pretty big for dungeons and world content. I don't see anything on patch notes. Did they say anything about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I saw. I was really hoping it was a bug being how useful it was in and out of dungeons but they updated the Hallucinations tool tip to reflect this change. Kind of a needless nerf in my opinion.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

its a nerf, but its for the better. it was tiring having to eat twice before every raid boss pull just to make sure you had the insanity for the pull. QOL nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Tjirp View Post
    its a nerf, but its for the better. it was tiring having to eat twice before every raid boss pull just to make sure you had the insanity for the pull. QOL nerf
    calling a flat nerf a Qol Nerf

lol

OK, I'll admit I haven't played my SP much (hardly at all) in BfA. Are you saying we (used to) get Insanity from using a Holy spell? Doesn't that seem a bit backward to you? I'm not saying I think the nerf is good or necessary, but perhaps that's not a spell we should expect to build Insanity from.

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    OK, I'll admit I haven't played my SP much (hardly at all) in BfA. Are you saying we (used to) get Insanity from using a Holy spell? Doesn't that seem a bit backward to you? I'm not saying I think the nerf is good or necessary, but perhaps that's not a spell we should expect to build Insanity from.
    It still gives insanity, but only in combat. So your logic still doesn't work.

So yea, it was a stealth nerf, and in my opinion not a small one as it was really good for m+.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post

So yea, it was a stealth nerf, and in my opinion not a small one as it was really good for m+.
    Priest
    Shadow
    Hallucinations now only grants Insanity during combat.
    Developers’ note: Hallucinations is intended to make utility abilities more smoothly usable during combat, not to create an incentive to build up Insanity before beginning combat.

From the official patch notes (MMO-Champ doesn't seem to list everything)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...t-update-notes

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post

How does Blizzard announcing the change, or not, or the spell ever doing that in the first pace make my logic not work? I suggested that a HOLY spell should not build Insanity. That has nothing to do with game play, as opposed to class philosophy. If they want to make a non-damaging spell build Insanity, they could just give that to something shadow-based (Shadow Mend? Does it already build Insanity?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest
    Shadow
    Hallucinations now only grants Insanity during combat.
    Developers’ note: Hallucinations is intended to make utility abilities more smoothly usable during combat, not to create an incentive to build up Insanity before beginning combat.
    If that was their reasoning than they should of did the same thing to shadow crash, because crash can be (and quite possibly will be) used for the same thing.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

But how could they stealth nerf us? We don't have stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be OK to stop calling it a stealth nerf since it was in their patch notes?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

lol shadow getting the bog ole salami in 8.3.

Shadow will still be really strong in multi dot fights. Boomie been brought down weaks the main competition as well for that. Shadow is such an insane outlier atm this was always going to happen. Like warriors in Nighthold

Well, they made it official. Both shadow and disc (especially shadow) dumpstered in 8.3, with holy being ignored as usual.

Does someone at Blizzard hate priests or something?
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Shadow will still be really strong in multi dot fights. Boomie been brought down weaks the main competition as well for that. Shadow is such an insane outlier atm this was always going to happen. Like warriors in Nighthold
    heres the problem. shadow wont be realy strong anymore with these nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    heres the problem. shadow wont be realy strong anymore with these nerfs
    Why is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Why is that a problem?
    because you dont bring a shadow for its ST damage

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    because you dont bring a shadow for its ST damage
    SP is performing very well on ST and is great on cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandyCastro View Post
    But how could they stealth nerf us? We don't have stealth.
    Shadow Priests must have something, then. Because every time I gank one, I only see them for like 40-50 seconds before I can't target them anymore... any idea what's going on with that??

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    SP is performing very well on ST and is great on cleave.
    “Is” being they keyword there and even thing, we’re solid ST if we can ignore 90% of the fight, “very well” is an overstatement. We’re great on cleave because of AS and Crit.

Come 8.3, the subject of the discussion at hand, we’ll be mediocre ST *at best* and decent at cleave unless they plan on other changes that help things that aren’t AS or dots (which would surprise the fuck out of me).