10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Seems like Trump world might be gearing up to make Ghouliani the fall guy
    This would only work if the whistleblower was listening in on a call from Giuliani, and not Trump. From context, I'm not sure that's true. Also, if that was the setup, why did Trump admit everything?

If they impeach now without getting the results in the investigation it will blow up in their face. But if they wait till the investigation is over and it shows he did something wrong then they have a strong chance of getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If they impeach now without getting the results in the investigation it will blow up in their face. But if they wait till the investigation is over and it shows he did something wrong then they have a strong chance of getting it done.
    It's a good thing they haven't impeached them... isn't it?

15+ Year Old Account
    They are opening up a formal impeachment inquiry, buoyed by the testimony and documents that the House Intelligence and Judiciary committees have collected since 2017.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Trump has all of Nixon's lack of morals, but none of his convictions that helped the nation.
    Trump may yet get his own convictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Damn. Now I don't know which thread this belongs in.
    There's a keyword in that quote which should help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    And thus that is all the next year and election will be about. Forget the economy, forget mass shootings, forget climate change. It's nothing but impeachment from here on out. And ultimately, I don't see any path for it to succeed, definitely not before the election.
    Agreed. Way too late in his term for anything to come of this.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A bit of pushback on Rudy’s claims of being sent by the State Dept.
    As I said in another thread, I think this was the point: send Giuliani hoping he wouldn't be noticed, then disavow him if he's caught.

It's not working. Not only is Giuliani ratting out the State Department, Trump admitted the phone call.

As I said in another thread, I think this was the point: send Giuliani hoping he wouldn't be noticed, then disavow him if he's caught.

It's not working. Not only is Giuliani ratting out the State Department, Trump admitted the phone call.
    I'm confused why they'd set up Giuliani as the fall guy, but still have Trump make direct contact via phone call.

Too late for this to be a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'm confused why they'd set up Giuliani as the fall guy, but still have Trump make direct contact via phone call.
    It's possible there was a plan, and Trump fucked it up.

It's also possible the Ukrainian President said "By the way, when do we get that money?" and Trump explained.

It's also possible the Ukrainian President said "Talking to Trump's personal lawyer...eh, I'm the head of a country, I think I deserve to talk to Trump personally."

But my favorite, I think Team Trump thought nobody would ever find out about the call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump incredulous after his moves on transparency failed to stop Pelosi
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/polit...ent/index.html

He had felt confident after phoning Pelosi earlier that morning. The drive for impeachment in her caucus had ramped up amid reports he pushed the Ukrainian President to investigate Joe Biden, and Trump was hoping to head off a clash. He figured he could de-escalate tensions by speaking with her directly.
    This guy is a fucking moron... after years of childish mocking and petulant insults, he thought ‘nervous Nancy’ would help him?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump incredulous after his moves on transparency failed to stop Pelosi
    The best part?

After Pelosi's historic announcement, Trump immediately began lashing out, accusing Democrats of distracting from his successes at the United Nations General Assembly and arguing it was just "more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage."
    He formed a coalition to end abortion (that was moderately successful, and it let him pal around with his boss Putin), but he also escalated the trade war with China, he badmouthed Iran while saying make a deal (Iran is also pretty irate), denounced globalism at the freaking UN, and everyone's favorite, lost a maturity contest with a 16 year old girl.

What success?

Quote Originally Posted by bagelmanman View Post
    But the usual people will eat up anything despite the facts.
    You must have missed the fact that both Trump and his lawyer admitted to this.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    What success?
    He managed to not soil himself, at least not in a manor anyone could detect.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

What's your thoughts on the claim Trump withheld money from Ukraine for a political request but the Ukraine President himself denied that happened?

Do you feel the Ukraine President is lying?

What success?
    Didn't commit any crimes while he was there?

CNN reporting that transcript is released... and indeed apparently does indicate that Dump pressured Ukraine to get dirt on Biden!

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...019/index.html

...did Dump just pull a Dumb-Dumb Jr? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    CNN reporting that transcript is released... and indeed apparently does indicate that Dump pressured Ukraine to get dirt on Biden!

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...019/index.html

...did Dump just pull a Dumb-Dumb Jr? o_O
    Yes, he asked them to investigate Biden but made no mention of military aid, that's the illegal part that didn't happen.

Yes, he asked them to investigate Biden but made no mention of military aid, that's the illegal part that didn't happen.
    So its ok to ask foreign leaders to investigate political opponents? Are you serious?

Either way this is the equivalent of Barr’s presentation of the Mueller report. Far from the full picture.

The whistleblower is the key here, not a lying administration thats known for editing facts and even transscripts.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-09-25 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So its ok to ask foreign leaders to investigate political opponents? Are you serious?
    Biden's son is a political opponent?