Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah, what I quoted was his first post under that account.
    So he's a sockpuppet for someone
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Huh?

/10char
    they've been pitching woo at impeachment since the election results came in, but now? unless the case is absolutely ironclad and gets rushed, it's precisely fuck and all else besides a simple political stunt.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He isn't currently running for office, the Republicans haven't even nominated him yet.
    https://www.fec.gov/data/candidate/P80001571/

Yes he is. He started campaigning in 2017 as per Federal Election Committee data that he legally was required to register.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, my anxiety is through the roof because I know the WH will obfuscate in every possible way. The whistleblower is awaiting guidance on providing testimony to congress, but considering the acting DNI’s failure to this point it’s a huge question mark. I hope Mr. Maguire wakes the fuck up and does the right thing in this regard.
    The "finding" from the DOJ is only going to go so far. At some point, even if Trump's personal law firm (the DOJ) continues to cover for him, the House will move forward with Impeachment based on what they already have. We have to keep in mind that Impeachment doesn't require anything more than what the House decides it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    they've been pitching woo at impeachment since the election results came in, but now?
    No, only some members have been calling for impeachment Since the Mueller investigation.

unless the case is absolutely ironclad and gets rushed, it's precisely fuck and all else besides a simple political stunt.
    It doesn't need to be Ironclad to be damning.

It's not a political Stunt, did you even read the Transcript?

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    they've been pitching woo at impeachment since the election results came in, but now? unless the case is absolutely ironclad and gets rushed, it's precisely fuck and all else besides a simple political stunt.
    I find it odd that people keep trying to use the utter lack principles and morals among GOP politicians as a valid argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    He asked Ukraine for Hillary’s mail server... what a buffoon. Trump was literally discussing QAnon conspiracy theory.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

LuL. Trump is saying the call is a "nothingburger" and that this might be the biggest witch hunt EVER!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.fec.gov/data/candidate/P80001571/

Yes he is. He started campaigning in 2017 as per Federal Election Committee data that he legally was required to register.
    Nevermind the plethora of paraphernalia marked "Trump 2020", and the campaign speeches he's been making., AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, the Republican states literally trying to change the rules to make it Trump is guaranteed on the ballot in those states.

Someone would have to literally live under a rock to not know Trump is running in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, what a lovely stroll. Big late breakfast -- oatmeal with honey, scrambled eggs with Tabasco, of course coffee -- and back to my desk. I can't imagine anything that important has happened in the last h--

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Translation: It's been edited/redacted.
    PFFFFFFFFFFFFTH!

To quote a great man, "On what universe was this supposed to HELP them?"

From that same page:

The Intelligence Community Inspector General in late August referred a criminal complaint to the Justice Department to investigate whether the President’s pushing for Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden, a potential 2020 rival, was a violation of campaign finance law, the Justice Department said.

The Justice Department’s criminal division last week determined to not open a formal investigation of the president for possible campaign finance violations.
    The ICIG isn't fucking around. Yes, Barr, Trump's other personal lawyer, decided that $400 million in taxpayer money put directly into his campaign by hiring a foreign government was not, somehow, a campaign finance violation. I think they won't be the only ones making that decision much longer. Also, Schiff is already demanding answers from the AG.

House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff has sent a letter to Attorney General Bill Barr demanding information and records about the handling of the whistleblower complaint.

Schiff claims that should the Justice Department’s previously stated position — which said “the disclosure in this case did not concern allegations of conduct by a member of the Intelligence Community or involve an intelligence activity under the DNI’s Supervision” — be allowed to stand, it could have “serious corrosive consequences for whistleblowing within the IC and the Committee’s exercise of its lawful oversight duties”

Schiff gave Barr until this Friday to produce “any legal opinion, legal analysis, or factual analysis” by the Justice Department related to the whistleblower complaint, and until Tuesday to produce additional material requested, including any DOJ communications with the White House regarding the complaint.
    Some of you have suggested Maguire's hands are tied. I disagree. But either way, Barr is now part of this.

It's also worth noting that the White House is desperately trying to do damage control. Some of that is likely calls to what few allies we have left, who are probably all saying the same thing ("Can we trust you?") but also this DoJ statement:

The Attorney General was first notified of the President's conversation with Ukrainian President Zelensky several weeks after the call took place, when the Department of Justice learned of a potential referral. The President has not spoken with the Attorney General about having Ukraine investigate anything relating to former Vice President Biden or his son. The President has not asked the Attorney General to contact Ukraine -- on this or any other matter. The Attorney General has not communicated with Ukraine -- on this or any other subject. Nor has the Attorney General discussed this matter, or anything relating to Ukraine, with Rudy Giuliani
    A Department of Justice team led by U.S. Attorney John Durham is separately exploring the extent to which a number of countries, including Ukraine, played a role in the counterintelligence investigation directed at the Trump campaign during the 2016 election. While the Attorney General has yet to contact Ukraine in connection with this investigation, certain Ukrainians who are not members of the government have volunteered information to Mr. Durham, which he is evaluating.
    1) The AG was never supposed to be part of this. Ukraine was supposed to do its own investigation and hand over the dirt. Prosecuting Biden was never the goal. Ruining him in the election was. Barr being part of that would be counterproductive.

2) They're passing "Trump didn't tell Barr to investigate Biden" as a good thing. It's just not doing a bad thing. I didn't murder any puppies on my breakfast stroll, nobody's giving me a standing ovation.

3) The DoJ is also hiding behind "look, if private individuals want to do private individual stuff, that's not our fault!" then shrug with a waa-waa-waa-WAAAAAA sound. Nope. We've already been over this. Giuliani was not acting as a private citizen, and he keeps insisting that. Ukraine sent a personal attorney as well, same applies.

A quid pro quo A) isn't necessary, the law is that it is illegal to SOLICIT foreign aid to interfere in our elections, and B) exists anyways, outside the context of this call.

Like, Congress approved the aid to Ukraine. That should be the end of the story. Trump withheld it, and then a few days later (against the wishes of his aides who didn't want him pressuring the Ukrainian President) made the phone call.

After reading the transcript, a few things came to mind.

1) This feels like trump just typed out the entire thing last night, because both people sound like how he talks.

2) Barr is now actually involved, and would be a witness, or even a co-conspirator. Not only should he be forced to recuse himself, but he may have a lot to answer for.

3) Rudy Giuliani is about to get tossed under the Trump Train.

4) Mulvaney is going to be asked to testify very, very soon.

5) We will hear the words "Executive Privilege" spoken more times than you can count.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He isn't currently running for office, the Republicans haven't even nominated him yet. If he broke a law, how some no one is saying he did after the transcript release?
    Wow, you just chug that kool aid with your eyes closed all day long.

His campaign is already raising funds for 2020. He's already on the primary ticket, when states are even allowing a primary vote (did you know that?).
    He committed treason with that phone call - specifically bribery.
    You might be the only person who doesn't know people are saying it was a crime after the transcript release.

Let us know what you're still confused about, and we'll try and help.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t doubt that Nancy has the votes at this point, but I just hope people stop giving up their careers to protect the wannabe mob boss in the Oval Office.
    Agreed. And it saddens me more than I care to admit the number of good people who have been destroyed in attempts to oust the Crime Boss Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ah, what a lovely stroll. Big late breakfast -- oatmeal with honey, scrambled eggs with Tabasco, of course coffee -- and back to my desk. I can't imagine anything that important has happened in the last h--

PFFFFFFFFFFFFTH!
    It pleases me to no end that it was my post that splattered your monitor with fictional coffee! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, here goes:

Trump: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor
    who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair.
    A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your
    very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people
    involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the
    mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to
    call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney
    General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very
    capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The
    former ambassador from the United states, the woman., was bad
    news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad
    news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing,
    There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the
    prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so
    whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
    Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if
    you can look into it. It sounds horrible to me.

President Zelenskyy: I wanted to tell you about the
    prosecutor. First of all I understand arid I'm knowledgeable
    about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in
    our Parliament; the next prosecutor general will be 100% my
    person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and
    will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look.
    into the situation, specifically to the company that you
    mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the
    case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty
    so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation
    of the case. On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have
    any additional information that you can provide to us, it would
    be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we
    administer justice i':r1 our country with regard: to the Ambassador
    to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name
    was Ivanovicli. It was great that you were the first one. who told
    me that she was bad ambassador because I agree with you 100%.
    Her attitude towards me was far from the best as she admired the
    previous President and she was on his side. She would not accept
    we as a new President well enough.

Trump: Well, she's going to go through some
    things. I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also
    going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the
    bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the
    prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair
    prosecutor so good luck with everything. Your economy is going
    to get better and better I predict. You have a lot of assets.
    It's a great country. I have many Ukrainian friends, they're
    incredible people.
    "Arid? I':rl?"

Look, I cleaned up what I could. There were a lot of bf, a11 and have.not in there. I don't know what text to speech this was, but it sucks so hard. Also, @mvaliz did point out they admitted it wasn't verbatim -- I don't know what edits they did, and I shudder to guess.

Anyhow, let's count 'em down.

1) Who was Trump talking to, that said this prosecutor Biden got removed was such a great guy? It wasn't the EU or the IMF. Was it the Ukrainian President? Was it Putin? Or was this just Trump sucking up and doing his usual "everyone says, a lot of people tell me" to cover his lies?

2) Trump admits Giuliani was acting on his orders. Giuliani still has no role in the administration.

3) Trump says Barr's involved, too. As I just linked, Barr has already denied this.

4) Trump personally and directly pushes the investigation at Biden. There is no getting around that.

5) Holy shit, did Trump not even know the Ukrainian ambassador's name when talking to the President of Ukraine? Did he call her "the woman" because he had no idea who she even was?

6) The Ukrainian President seems really eager to get in on this. That "I control the government so I can pick a prosecutor who does what I say" sure sounds like agreement to me.

7) That bit at the end, about the economy getting better and you have a lot of assets, that's what you'd expect a mobster to say in a B-movie while winking. It sure sounds like he was talking about the $400 million or so. He was not talking about Ukraine's GDP, which peaked at 2010 and dropped like a rock when Putin invaded. It just crawled back to 2009 levels.

And that's just 3 paragraphs in the middle.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shut up moron! Shut up! Shut up! You don’t know what you’re talking about!”
    The President’s lawyer on TV freaking out about the Ukraine stuff.
    Everyone should click on that twitter feed. Vegas82 isn't paraphrasing. Guiliani actually said that on a live interview. Trump's peeps are losing their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

1) This feels like trump just typed out the entire thing last night, because both people sound like how he talks.

2) Barr is now actually involved, and would be a witness, or even a co-conspirator. Not only should he be forced to recuse himself, but he may have a lot to answer for.

5) We will hear the words "Executive Privilege" spoken more times than you can count.
    I find hilarious that Dotard tang threw Barr under the bus, just a little time after he saved his ass from Mueller.
    As Cohen said, the unindicted co-conspirator will step on anyone that helped him, and has no true alleigances, why the fuck do people still trust him is something my mind cannot comprehend.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

He isn't currently running for office, the Republicans haven't even nominated him yet. If he broke a law, how some no one is saying he did after the transcript release?
    You are simply wrong... or lying.

Others have provided the evidence. He's a registered candidate, and has been for quite some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I find hilarious that Dotard tang threw Barr unde the bus, just a little time after he saved his ass from Mueller.
    As Cohen said, the unindicted co-conspirator will step on anyone that helped him, and has no true alleigances.
    I think Barr is still a co-conspirator, and Rudy will be the one that gets tossed first. They will push bullshit about him not acting in an official capacity, and wat Rudy said was merely the words of a private citizen who was "just spitballing."

They will even try and say that Rudy was going on a personal crusade to mete out corruption, and try to justify him as simply being a bit overzealous... and it was an accident.

10+ Year Old Account

It's possible Trump likes this guy because of that, or even that the Ukrainian President talked like that because he had four hundred million reasons to.

He has already denied it. But not under oath. That needs to happen.

I posted multiple times earlier I disagree. Now I disagree even harder. Trump flat-out said Giuliani is part of this and Trump personally and directly made him the contact. Combined with earlier info -- Giuliani saying the State Department sent him and that it was documented -- Trump cannot disavow Giuliani anymore. And Giuliani knows that.

I would hope so. And Mnuchin and Pompeo will probably want to clear some time on their schedule.

None of which applies to calls to the Ukrainian President, but yes, will apply to work product when they sat around the table saying "How can we bribe the Ukrainian President? Oh hey Coats, didn't see you come in."
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    It pleases me to no end that it was my post that splattered your monitor with fictional coffee! ^_^
    I admit nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is great!

Only the best people.