Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

What if the writing made sense and Sylvanas simply

cut Saurfang's head off after she had him down. His plan would've been completely fucked.

What was his plan to "expose" her anyway?

Thrall: You can't win, she's gonna kick your ass then have her army rain death on us cause they're behind a giant wall and we're just standing here in the open like dumbasses. Also, Baine is a bitch.

Saurfang: I know, but maybe I can trick her into saying something mean about the Horde and they will all abandon her based on that alone.

Thrall: Ah alright gg

Blizzard you have the shittiest writers
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2019-09-25 at 04:32 PM.

What if Sylvanas just shut the fuck up instead of spazzing out over a cut.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's all retarded

Yeah, horribly written, they should have done better like have someone like Thrall actually force her on the defensive and make her accidentally blurt out her incriminating intent. Instead she owns Saurfang but reveals her plan over a cut? It's stylishly lazy writing for dramatic poise more than logical story-telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Let's not forget she has been shot, stabbed, raked by claws, forcibly separated and put back as a spirit all in the same body and didn't fly off the handle during any of those times and instead came back pissed off even more. It's so out of character for her to ruin her plan over a small cut.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, horribly written, they should have done better like have someone like Thrall actually force her on the defensive and make her accidentally blurt out her incriminating intent. Instead she owns Saurfang but reveals her plan over a cut? It's stylishly lazy writing for dramatic poise more than logical story-telling.
    Yeah. Without banking on Sylvanas conveniently saying something stupid the whole plan just falls apart.

I guess Saurfang learned from Delaryn that Sylvanas' trigger word is "hope".

It's pretty similiar, Sylvanas has a clear cut plan, then someone does something unexpected (more or less), she has a little monologue with said person, said person mentions "hope", Sylvanas throws a trantrum and does / says something stupid.

Doesn't even Nathanos mention that Sylvanas even had a backup plan for this outcome?
    So, in other words, she included her own stupidity into her plan? Is this smart or stupid?

I don't think Saurfang planned on her outing herself. I think he hoped to just beat her and prevent horde vs horde bloodshed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Let's not forget she has been shot, stabbed, raked by claws, forcibly separated and put back as a spirit all in the same body and didn't fly off the handle during any of those times and instead came back pissed off even more. It's so out of character for her to ruin her plan over a small cut.
    Think it was more the fact that hope triggers her. Triggered her at Teldrassil and triggered her at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Yeah. Without banking on Sylvanas conveniently saying something stupid the whole plan just falls apart.
    That's why Mak'gorah is such a stupid and lazy way to end war-sized conflicts. It's essentially one individual challenging the Warchief to a dick-measuring contest. Winner take all. Well shit, why not do that before hundreds of soldiers laid down their lives for what might have been all along an unethically-questionable leader who could be removed with something as simply as a duel?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    cut Saurfang's head off after she had him down. His plan would've been completely fucked.

What was his plan to "expose" her anyway?

Thrall: You can't win, she's gonna kick your ass then have her army rain death on us cause they're behind a giant wall and we're just standing here in the open like dumbasses. Also, Baine is a bitch.

Saurfang: I know, but maybe I can trick her into saying something mean about the Horde and they will all abandon her based on that alone.

Thrall: Ah alright gg

Blizzard you have the shittiest writers
    I thought this same thing. As awesome as the animation and graphics are in the CG, the story would've been so much better had she just cut his head off and ended it without saying a word. Then bow laughingly to Anduin and Thrall, and slowly walk back into Origrimmar as they murder all of them when they try to attack.

That would've been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I don't think Saurfang planned on her outing herself. I think he hoped to just beat her and prevent horde vs horde bloodshed.
    Thrall pretty much straight face told him he couldn't win, though, it's like Saurfang knew he'd die. Unless Saurfang meant "you and I... we don't get to hide," translates to "all right buddy, I'm going to give it my best, but I'm old as shit, so when she kills me, you challenge her next and beat her ass with your Shaman power." Is that even allowed? Back to back Mak'gorah? Could Sylvanas' traitors make a line outside the gates until someone succeeded? I'm sure there's some limit. "One Mak'gorah per day!" That or she could justifiable been pissed and just ordered Thrall, Anduin and the rest shot down after symbolically quelling the rebellion with Saurfang's defeat.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2019-09-25 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    ruin her plan over a small cut.
    what was her plan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    what was her plan ?

Kill them all probably

If you rewatch the cinematic Sylvanas was actually going to death blast Anduin, Thrall and Saurfang. You can literally see her channeling the spell before she agrees to Mak'gora. The only reason she stops is to humiliate Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    what was her plan ?
    To drive horde and alliance into war, followed by a war gainst N'zoth, all because she wanted the max deathcount for whoever she's the bitch of.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We don't know the end of her story. There is no suffice evidence, if she plays 4D chess or not. We don't know what Death (with capital D) is. The hints that she is an psychopath, who is easily triggered, are a bit too obvious for me. Blizzard can still go into multiple directions. The problem is that there are too many contradicting behaviors. Sometimes she is really smart and then suddenly is as dump as everyone else? Sometimes she is super manipulative and then gets easily manipulated by low inteligent enemies.

Either she sees the reunited Azeroth Force as tool for her goal (4d chess) or she is just a dump psychopath that got pretty far, because the others are even more incompetent than her and her arrogance leads to her own downfall later on (blizzards standard story arc). Blizzard will prolly go for the later, because it's easy to write and a proven concept.

Here's a properly cheesy take on it, keeping Sylvanas's current motivation and conclusions while also emphasizing the whys, I'm not proud of it, but the thought got flowing and think it'd hold together better.

Sylvanas, wanting more people dead and to wipe out her weaker foe would immediately give the order to engage, with her lack of hesitation when faced with people some in the gates still emphasized. As the casualties rack up, Saurfang stands forward and calls for Mak'gora to stop the bloodshed. Sylvanas is set to refuse, but with her forces eyeing her and believing more in her post and platform than in her personally, she's forced to do it. So she starts out pissed and as she's chopping him down, he maintains his bearing and challenges her on her selfishness, dropping the hope line and so on. At the same time we see the audience reacting to Saurfang positively. Losing her temper and clearly winning, having brought Saurfang down to the ground and weak, she declares that the challenge is over and orders her own to finish this traitor off to reassert her power over the Horde by making them violate Mak'gora. But her flagbearer refuses and in that time, Saurfang slashes her with Shalamayne and it's then that she loses her shit - a culmination of events that show the Horde isn't truly hers, that they have hope and a belief in institutions that she despises. She has her big speech, but doesn't just blast Saurfang but also the flagbearer, symbolizing a cut with even the Forsaken who for the second time chose something else over her.

tl;dr rip off the movie "Keep fighting, Gul'dan" and all.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    If only Sylvanas was as intelligent as her loyalists claim and actually sent her troops to fight she would've gotten all the corpses she wanted.

Alas, she's Sylvanas
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phryx View Post
    We don't know the end of her story. There is no suffice evidence, if she plays 4D chess or not. We don't know what Death (with capital D) is. The hints that she is an psychopath, who is easily triggered, are a bit too obvious for me. Blizzard can still go into multiple directions. The problem is that there are too many contradicting behaviors. Sometimes she is really smart and then suddenly is as dump as everyone else? Sometimes she is super manipulative and then gets easily manipulated by low inteligent enemies.

Either she sees the reunited Azeroth Force as tool for her goal (4d chess) or she is just a dump psychopath that got pretty far, because the others are even more incompetent than her and her arrogance leads to her own downfall later on (blizzards standard story arc). Blizzard will prolly go for the later, because it's easy to write and a proven concept.
    This is a mantra we always hear when blizzard makes worst possible decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If only Sylvanas was as intelligent as her loyalists claim and actually sent her troops to fight she would've gotten all the corpses she wanted.

Alas, she's Sylvanas
    Not that garrosh or vol'jin were any better, so it runs in family.