10+ Year Old Account
    How's it going, FOX News?

Ukraine call transcript shows Trump sought Biden probe, asked about DNC server – but made no mention of US aid

Stay classy, FOX! You cling to that Titanic driftwood!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    7) That bit at the end, about the economy getting better and you have a lot of assets, that's what you'd expect a mobster to say in a B-movie while winking. It sure sounds like he was talking about the $400 million or so. He was not talking about Ukraine's GDP, which peaked at 2010 and dropped like a rock when Putin invaded. It just crawled back to 2009 levels.
    Doesn't it though??? That was my thoughts exactly! You could almost could NOT hear Dump speak with an Italian accent perfectly in that sentence! >_<

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I disagree. I could totally see him resign and walk away from this like he did with all his other failed ventures, blaming it on others and coming out unscathed, leaving the check for the rest of us to pick up. Trump may say he's always a winner, but reality tells us a different story. He knows when it's time to leave town. That's how he managed to stay relevant all these years.
    It would be interesting if they are even considering the idea of him resigning. I doubt anyone is left that speak truth to power at this point, however, and that will only hurt Trump more. It's like Hitler firing all his generals in WWII because they kept giving him their professional opinions and advice, which was counter to what Hilter wanted to do, and also coincidentally counter to reality.

I wouldn't be surprised, IF Trump goes down for this and isn't reelected (odds are still astronomical that he won't be convicted by the Senate), that a full account of Trump's time coming into the White House, his time there, and his exit is called: America's Flirtation with their own Hitler.

#BREAKING: Justice Dept declined to investigate Trump's call with Ukraine president http://hill.cm/uPYLBh8

Oh yeah! Trump basically implicates Barr in the phone call/memo and now this. Please get Bill Barr!!!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Zelensky: Actually last time I traveled to the United States, I stayed in New York Central Park and I stayed at the Trump Tower.
    Trump: Well., thank you very much and I appreciate that.
    What relevance would him staying in Trump Tower have? Why even bring it up?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/...68363332653059

Wow. Impeachment over this?

What a nothing (non-quid pro quo) burger.

Democrats have lost their minds when it comes to President
    @realDonaldTrump
    Someone's hoping for another invite for a round of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I find hilarious that Dotard tang threw Barr under the bus, just a little time after he saved his ass from Mueller.
    As Cohen said, the unindicted co-conspirator will step on anyone that helped him, and has no true alleigances, why the fuck do people still trust him is something my mind cannot comprehend.
    Well, to be fair, Dumbfuck McLump didn't throw him under the bus like a mob boss (at this point). What he did do was drag Barr with him as he dove under the bus, and probably didn't realize wasn't supposed to take Barr with - because 'fucking moron' reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You know the answer. Everyone knows the answer. Trump is susceptible to flattery and money. The Ukrainian President wanted that $400 million that Congress voted for and Trump withheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/...68363332653059

Someone's hoping for another invite for a round of golf.
    Just you know, casual corruption among friends.

Reading through that memo, it was almost like Zelensky was not the President of Ukraine, but a cabinet member from the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Well, to be fair, Dumbfuck McLump didn't throw him under the bus. What he did do was drag Barr with him as he dove under the bus, and probably didn't realize wasn't supposed to take Barr with - because 'fucking moron' reasons.
    Your point makes more sense than mine, though.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This is a man that picked a fight with the weather channel, insisting he was right about the path of a hurricane when the weather channel informed him he wasn't.

You think he's going to leave office willingly?
    Not only picked a fight, but bullied another agency to back up his lie, so he'd be "right". Plus, when he's out of office, he has at least 20 investigations into his criminal activity to battle. He has to know that...?

It's possible Trump likes this guy because of that, or even that the Ukrainian President talked like that because he had four hundred million reasons to.

He has already denied it. But not under oath. That needs to happen.

I posted multiple times earlier I disagree. Now I disagree even harder. Trump flat-out said Giuliani is part of this and Trump personally and directly made him the contact. Combined with earlier info -- Giuliani saying the State Department sent him and that it was documented -- Trump cannot disavow Giuliani anymore. And Giuliani knows that.

I would hope so. And Mnuchin and Pompeo will probably want to clear some time on their schedule.

None of which applies to calls to the Ukrainian President, but yes, will apply to work product when they sat around the table saying "How can we bribe the Ukrainian President? Oh hey Coats, didn't see you come in."

I admit nothing.
    The guy is talking exactly like Trump, with the same word usage and conversational structure. Mind you, this isn't even an actual transcript, but a "gisting."

I also find something else odd, the phone call lasted 30 minutes, but this is a two-minute conversation, maybe three. Even if it were translated to Ukrainian and back to English, it still doesn't all add up. Zelensky does speak English, but I do not know how well. It would seem like it was him speaking, and not an interpreter/translator, as the level in which the conversation was going was rather basic. This felt more like a conversation that 5th-graders would have, and most diplomats will use translators that are far more well-versed in the target languages. While Trump speaks English at a 5th-grade level, Zelensky seems to speak Russian and Ukrainian like an educated adult. That would imply that the conversation was entirely in English, and his English skills are fluent, but rudimentary.

Now, the only reason I bring this up, is that it means there's a fair amount of time that is missing. Sure, there's going to be protocols, communications between staff or even operators, but that doesn't cover all that time by a long shot.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Seems like Trump world might be gearing up to make Ghouliani the fall guy for this whole mess if that Washington Post article earlier tonight is accurate.
    That would be about par for the course.

What I love about this situation is that we already have all the evidence we need for impeachment. It's done. Over. The vote could happen tomorrow and it would pass.

When we get the Whistleblower and the ICIG report, that will just add to the pile of evidence.

IMO the transcript alone is enough for impeachment. Clearly asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    While we're impeaching people...I have a few more candidates to consider.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...en-than-trump/

Democrats’ double standard on Ukraine

It got almost no attention, but in May, CNN reported that Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) and Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) wrote a letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, expressing concern at the closing of four investigations they said were critical to the Mueller probe. In the letter, they implied that their support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine was at stake. Describing themselves as “strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine,” the Democratic senators declared, “We have supported [the] capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these [democratic] principles to avoid the ire of President Trump,” before demanding Lutsenko “reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation.”
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

It's possible Trump likes this guy because of that, or even that the Ukrainian President talked like that because he had four hundred million reasons to.

He has already denied it. But not under oath. That needs to happen.

I posted multiple times earlier I disagree. Now I disagree even harder. Trump flat-out said Giuliani is part of this and Trump personally and directly made him the contact. Combined with earlier info -- Giuliani saying the State Department sent him and that it was documented -- Trump cannot disavow Giuliani anymore. And Giuliani knows that.

I would hope so. And Mnuchin and Pompeo will probably want to clear some time on their schedule.

None of which applies to calls to the Ukrainian President, but yes, will apply to work product when they sat around the table saying "How can we bribe the Ukrainian President? Oh hey Coats, didn't see you come in."

I admit nothing.
    One thing to note it is not a transcript. It is a memo put together with "notes" and "recollections" put into transcript format to make it look more legit. We have not yet seen or heard the official read out.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post

You posted an op-ed from someone from the American Enterprise Institute and masqueraded it as impartial because it was in WaPo. What Mr. Thiessan fails to mention is that the four investigations closed were literally about the President potentially committing treason. It wasn't "digging up dirt" for a campaign, but a legitimate inquiry stemming from Congress's constitutionally-given right to investigate.

And then he just goes on to repeat lies and falsehoods about the Biden-Ukraine "scandal" that have already been disproven.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post

https://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/m...estigation.pdf

Here's the actual letter. Opposite to the op-ed piece, there's no implication of threat for US support, and these Senators alone wouldn't have the power to impact that support. They're expressing their disappointment at the events, nothing more.

They weren't urging new investigations, they were asking questions about why ongoing investigations into Manafort's dealings were stopped. Manafort was not a political opponent, but the subject of a US investigation at the time. They at no point advocate for an investigation into Trump or any political opponent.

This is a bad deflection from conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

On topic, Republicans are hanging their hat on no quid pro quo since it wasn’t explicit... as expected.
    Although even in their best spin memo they slapped together they say that Trump basically said to them that we have done a lot of nice things for you and so I need you to do something nice for me followed by repeated mentions of biden and asking them to dig into the biden stuff for him. Followed by the weird halting of the aid it gives a clear you have a nice ukraine there it would be a shame if anything were to happen to it vibe.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the call also included Trump asking Ukraine to work with Barr in his ask to investigate Biden (along with Guiliani). That is fucking insane. This just gets worse and worse for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Looks like the call also included Trump asking Ukraine to work with Barr in his ask to investigate Biden (along with Guiliani). That is fucking insane. This just gets worse and worse for Trump.
    Remember also that this memo is their "notes" and "recollections" nicely typed into something that looks like a transcript. This is basically like the barr report that came out ahead of the mueller report. This is their best spin on what happened. I can only imagine how bad it really is if this is their best polishing of the info they came up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want to post the pics but leaked WH email about how to deal with the press:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1176896651727908866

I feel like they're doing this on purpose now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive