The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If they impeach now without getting the results in the investigation it will blow up in their face. But if they wait till the investigation is over and it shows he did something wrong then they have a strong chance of getting it done.
    Jesus, your wokedness is resounding in it's breathtaking ability to ignore reality. The transcript is all they need for Impeachment. What do you want to investigate? If Trump has a doppelganger?

And of course they will investigate - wouldn't it be neat if the Drumpf Administration provided the information they were legally obligated to do so (the ICIG Whistleblower Report)? You shrilling "we don't know" is because Trump broke the law already by not providing the information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I dont want to post the pics but leaked WH email about how to deal with the press:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1176896651727908866

I feel like they're doing this on purpose now.
    Whoops, there goes another staffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    While we're impeaching people...I have a few more candidates to consider.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...en-than-trump/
    Yeah, instead of launching an investigation into any of this shit, Trump groveled before a foreign leader to do it.

Just a reminder, Trump is the president of the US and can launch any investigation he wants, under US jurisdiction. The only reason to ask a foreign leader to do it, is because Trump has no credible way to do it... since you can’t launch an investigation with an executive order or a national security excuse. You need evidence and logic... not ‘I heard Ukraine has Hillary’s mail server’...

Edit: oh and I would really like to know where Trump got the idea Ukraine has the server? Could it have been Putin? Or just QAnon?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Looks like the call also included Trump asking Ukraine to work with Barr in his ask to investigate Biden (along with Guiliani). That is fucking insane. This just gets worse and worse for Trump.
    William Barr will not recuse himself no matter what but it just solidifies the fact that he is Trump's water boy and cannot be trusted with any investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pelosi must have something very convincing to actually do this because she knows fully what will happen if it backfires.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Trump may yet get his own convictions.
    Well done, sir. He has a treasure trove of interested people waiting for his exit from office.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Pelosi must have something very convincing to actually do this because she knows fully what will happen if it backfires.
    Yeah she's not dumb, but I have a feeling the Dems will botch it in one of two ways.

Either they are enough of the evidence and somehow back off actual articles of impeachment or they impeach and it's DOA in the Senate.

Unfortunately I think both options are seriously bad optics. Teflon Don will spin this into such a victory and right before elections, too.

I seriously don't know the strategy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Yeah she's not dumb,.
    Have you ever heard her talk? Republicans love Pelosi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As I said in another thread, I think this was the point: send Giuliani hoping he wouldn't be noticed, then disavow him if he's caught.

It's not working. Not only is Giuliani ratting out the State Department, Trump admitted the phone call.
    I think enough people and agencies are used to Trump's 24/7 obfuscation they are ready to go with replies. And that transcript is solid evidence of Impeachable actions. Pelosi going with "No one is above the law". The narrative is going extremely well for the Dems, something that isn't usually the case.

Pelosi is legitimately the baddest bitch in Congress. Her biggest problem is her insistence on botox as if an older-looking woman would be irrelevant. And she's not exactly wrong on that, either.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Remember also that this memo is their "notes" and "recollections" nicely typed into something that looks like a transcript. This is basically like the barr report that came out ahead of the mueller report. This is their best spin on what happened. I can only imagine how bad it really is if this is their best polishing of the info they came up with.
    Good point - and I agree. It looks like no one expected Trump to provide what he said he would, and he didn't. I feel like the Dems are riding this wave exceedingly well. And somehow doing it with Narrative Armor - if that makes any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    William Barr will not recuse himself no matter what but it just solidifies the fact that he is Trump's water boy and cannot be trusted with any investigation.
    Agreed. While he has already interfered, and he will continue to do so, the Dems have to keep everything away from DOJ obstruction. We need as quick a vote as possible, with clearly presented evidence (the transcript already is enough IMO). And then vote and move on while pummeling Cheeto with this during the entire election cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    She does. She has Trump and the things he's already said and provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The best part?

He formed a coalition to end abortion (that was moderately successful, and it let him pal around with his boss Putin), but he also escalated the trade war with China, he badmouthed Iran while saying make a deal (Iran is also pretty irate), denounced globalism at the freaking UN, and everyone's favorite, lost a maturity contest with a 16 year old girl.

What success?
    And then Trump called the transcript a "nothing call". You cannot make this shit up if you tried.

(well, maybe you could)

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, instead of launching an investigation into any of this shit, Trump groveled before a foreign leader to do it.

Just a reminder, Trump is the president of the US and can launch any investigation he wants, under US jurisdiction. The only reason to ask a foreign leader to do it, is because Trump has no credible way to do it... since you can’t launch an investigation with an executive order or a national security excuse. You need evidence and logic... not ‘I heard Ukraine has Hillary’s mail server’...

Edit: oh and I would really like to know where Trump got the idea Ukraine has the server? Could it have been Putin? Or just QAnon?
    And worse he initially was lying about doing it which just gives that much more leverage to the ukraine if they chose to try to blackmail him on it. You don't do shit like this for very good reasons.

10+ Year Old Account

If Trump pressured Ukraine, who else knew?

So I don't know how it works but I assume these calls are listened in on by multiple people and then there's the transcript which someone must have seen as well, if this is the case, how many people knew about it and said nothing?
    If it turns out to be true, does that mean that there are multiple people that could be potentially investigated?

This is an honest question, I am not so much interested on whether people think he did it, but more curious about how many people were potentially involved because it seems unlikely to me that only Trump and the whistle blower know the contents of the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

About one of those talking points

Fritschner replied to the administration's email, asking, "Did you ever think you would grow up to be someone who got paid to tell people that obvious corruption was okay?" which he posted on Twitter.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    WH Aide: This is the transcript? We can't put this out there, it clearly implicates him.

WH Aide 2: I'm not putting my name behind that.

WH Aide: I'm with you. Maybe if we leave it on his desk he'll sharpie out all the bad stuff.

WH Aide 2: Here goes nothing.

Trump: Blah blah blah, Trump Hotel. Looks great! The best transcript ever. No collusion whatsoever. Send it out!
    Even better, Trump called it a "nothing call". Hysterical.

The call is listed to last 30 minutes? Did they spell the sentences? Talk about alot of silence during a call....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    About one of those talking points

Fritschner replied to the administration's email, asking, "Did you ever think you would grow up to be someone who got paid to tell people that obvious corruption was okay?" which he posted on Twitter.
    I wonder if there's a mailing list for those talking points, it might explain why some people all become aligned so fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder, this has 97% approval from Republicans:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Now Trump has having a press conference with the Ukranian president. It's so painful to listen to Trump speak because he talks like an imbecile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Now Trump has having a press conference with the Ukranian president. It's so painful to listen to Trump speak because he talks like an imbecile.
    It might have something to do with him being an imbecile.