Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Weird thing in the ingame cinematic

A commenter on youtube spotted something weird , at 0:18 when Anduin is to walk up the stairs they instead show Arthas model . How could this even slip past production?

https://youtu.be/XJIuP3UR6C4?t=19

I mean , we all noticed that at blizzard they have Arthas in mind constantly with all the references they have been placing here and there , but this is just too weird

pretty hard to tell from the angle. the cloak does look a bit weird.

Anduin becoming Arthas 2.0 confirmed.

I mean that could very well be Anduin, they look alike and you really can't tell.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, what? How the fuck can anybody make out what the model looks like? I've rewatched that clip at the time the link starts it at multiple times now and I can't fathom how anybody could take that as Arthas instead of Anduin.

Now, perhaps it's from the flashes of lightning playing tricks on your eyes but even that as an explanation is a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The light just makes the cape look blue-ish.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait til you find out he’s actually Arthas’ Son.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    A commenter on youtube spotted something weird , at 0:18 when Anduin is to walk up the stairs they instead show Arthas model . How could this even slip past production?

I mean , we all noticed that at blizzard they have Arthas in mind constantly with all the references they have been placing here and there , but this is just too weird
    nope that is the anduin model used in the legion cimenatic when he goes to the broken shore you can see by the deailts of the cuffs of the jacket

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks exactly like Arthas. When I watched it in-game, that’s exactly who I saw in those few frames. It was fairly trippy.

May not explicitly be Arthas, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they used some movie making magic to mirror his animation to an animation used for Arthas in the past.

Probably just used Arthas's human model a PH and forgot to change that scene.

Or someone is trolling the playerbase.

Either on is plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Uh, what? How the fuck can anybody make out what the model looks like? I've rewatched that clip at the time the link starts it at multiple times now and I can't fathom how anybody could take that as Arthas instead of Anduin.

Now, perhaps it's from the flashes of lightning playing tricks on your eyes but even that as an explanation is a stretch.
    Easy, confirmation bias. They see Arthas because they want to see Arthas.

Eh, that's a stretch if something... I'm willing to be people are seeing what they want to see rather than someone uses a complete different model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin has a hood on in the scene right before the stairs and his cloak is brown. You can clearly see a model with a blue cloak and yellow hair with no hood on walking up the stairs. That doesn't make it Arthas but the model is definitely different.

They really look alike on those in-game cinematics. But i mean, him being blond and blue eyes comes Tiffin Wrynn.

Blue cloak with yellow/blue armor with blond hair with a slight hunch and powerful stride up the stairs. Anduin was wearing a brown cloak.. either they messed up the continuity of anduins armor or they used arthas model.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was definitely Arthas going up those steps in that moment. I watched the clip a few times; Anduin wears a brown cloak and hood, Arthas wears a blue cape and is much bulkier.

Now the question is: what could it be alluding to? We already had the parallel with Anduin entering Lordaeron the same way Arthas down to the exact same frame. Maybe those few seconds are referencing Arthas climbing the Frozen Throne, like the second cinematic with Saurfang and Sylvanas referenced Angrathar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post

I think this is a huge stretch. I do not see Arthas there at all, even after looking at it several times.

This thread kinda reminds me of people who saw Jesus on pizza.

Don't be like those people.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    This thread kinda reminds me of people who saw Jesus on pizza.

Don't be like those people.
    Be the pizza.

NO no no... he looks like He-Man! I bet Skeletor is behind all of this and the BFA endboss...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    anduin would not give his cloak to valeera. he treats persons individually. For me this is arthas walking, with some deeper interpretations coming soon.