Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    I'm pretty sure that everybody noticed this and now I feel this needs to be addressed.
    WoW is annoyingly harder than before because of the implementation of new "personal" mechanics where a single failure could wipe an entire raid and there's no way that 5 people can carry the full mechanic of an encounter.
    I disagree. There had been raids and dungeons where one player mistake can wipe the group.

ICC had some. Naxx had some dangerous ones too. Maybe not wipe immediately. These are my earliest memory of them.

It might be more common now, have no idea. Have not raided for a while. I think this trend is primary due to the available of mods that are increasing more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All of Classic is hardstuck on the 'medium' setting whereas BfA has most content set to 'very easy' and some content has the option to go up to 'very hard'.
    Vanilla raids are at or below current tier LFR difficulty, and anyone saying otherwise either hadn't played vanilla / classic, or hasn't done the raids on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Simple, the player who is 10 levels lower could be just simply put a better player. If you're into pvp prove you're better through skill. Not because you have a crutch helping you. All that shows is that you don't love pvp you love being a ganker who pretty much only wants to make other people miserable and a coward for not wanting a fair fight.
    the person 10 levels lower could also be decked in mythic gear from the last expansion, making the gap closer.

i don't like lifting heavy weights for entertainment. the game should be easy to satisfy for entertainment. why don't we just bring chris metzen back.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2019-09-25 at 07:48 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Simple, the player who is 10 levels lower could be just simply put a better player. If you're into pvp prove you're better through skill. Not because you have a crutch helping you. All that shows is that you don't love pvp you love being a ganker who pretty much only wants to make other people miserable and a coward for not wanting a fair fight.
    God I love it when people talk about video games with words like honor, coward, courage etc. So funny.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    God I love it when people talk about video games with words like honor, coward, courage etc. So funny.
    ganking is pretty degenerate behaviour, though. like I get killing people on the road, but camping towns is kindaaaaaa dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    i don't like lifting heavy weights for entertainment. the game should be easy to satisfy for entertainment. why don't we just bring chris metzen back.
    I know right. It's about entertaining and having always stuff to do, not treating wow like a second job, being serious and work hard on it more than irl. You need challenges and stuff that is hard to obtain but doesn't need to be the revolving around difficulty all the time, and the easy things seems too easy to get, because they want you to do the harder ones. So it's like a feeling of a 8 or 80.

ToS and NH were the height of 1 person messes up you all die in normal or heroic difficulties. In mythic that sort of room for error should be expected to some degree. Now there are plenty of ways a person can murder themselves, not too many where they can sink the group though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I miss realms when they were just realms. I have to turn off my warmode on only to see people from my server because when i get put on warmode on, i see everything else but my server in it (even tho is full populated).

Gold matter - Agreed.
    Transmogs - I like them. They can stay.
    Professions - 100% agreed.
    Raid Challenge - I like it, but quite tired of so much difficulties.
    Titles - Well i can't use my RBG titles on all chars. Some titles are actually not character/accound-wise when hitting certain/max levels. More like "Explorer" and some others. But ye some of them should just be character-wise.
    Yeah i mean some of them are ok to stay, my overall point is just make it so people can actually feel an attachment to characters and their community and realm.

Miss the times when both factions would know who the good raiders, good pvpers, have access to each other vents, and everyone would hang around flexing their new mounts/raid gear and stuff. live wow feels too "everyone is replacable" mentality, and lacks community to me.

I admit even while being a classic fanatic that live wow is way better in a lot of ways but it lacks a few things that are really important for me to enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    Yeah i mean some of them are ok to stay, my overall point is just make it so people can actually feel an attachment to characters and their community and realm.

Miss the times when both factions would know who the good raiders, good pvpers, have access to each other vents, and everyone would hang around flexing their new mounts/raid gear and stuff. live wow feels too "everyone is replacable" mentality, and lacks community to me.

I admit even while being a classic fanatic that live wow is way better in a lot of ways but it lacks a few things that are really important for me to enjoy it
    I don't feel attachment to some random dudes from server. I only feel attachment to people in guild and new "communities" feature.

And I definitely don't miss the times being stuck with same toxic dudes. Now I can choose who I want to play with. Cross server is one of the best features in wow.

And I really wish guilds and mythic raids would be cross realm too.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    lmao no buddy, it's the oposite. Easy WoW is retail
    You're right. The top content for Classic wasn't cleared by less than the maximum about of people with a large share of that not maximum level with gear that wasn't even close to be considered dungeon gear. In the first week.

Classic is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    ganking is pretty degenerate behaviour, though. like I get killing people on the road, but camping towns is kindaaaaaa dumb
    Some of my fondest vanilla memories are playing with friends harassing small towns and causing trouble. Its not like we were two lvl 60s who found a lvl 30 out in the world questing, and just stood there corpse camping him and killing over and over again. We laughed, and laughed, and laughed as they got more and more angry, and tried more and more creative ways to try and kill us - jumping onto the roof, inside tents, etc.

There was a flight master right there, and if they wanted to leave they could have. At the end of the day, the only difference between a pvp and pve realm is the ability to engage a player at a disadvantage - or as some people would say, ganking. There is absolutely no other difference - anyone who signed up to a pvp realm for fair, honest, and equal pvp is a fool, that can happen on a pve realm. PvP realms are for ganking people at a disadvantage, and thats about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You're right. The top content for Classic wasn't cleared by less than the maximum about of people with a large share of that not maximum level with gear that wasn't even close to be considered dungeon gear. In the first week.

Classic is hard.
    Classic is EXTREMELY hard - thats why over 60% of accounts have not logged back in - it was too "hard" for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If you want easy WoW then classic is there for you.
    Raiding? classic is def easier atm, that'll change once we get to aq40/naxx and we hit the "Can't fill 40 slots" mechanic that'll happen in a year.

As for everything else classic is much harder, in pvp is harder because every class doesn't have 20 cooldowns, you need to actually know what you're weak and strong against for your class, gold isn't easy to come by, leveling is 50X harder than retail.

to the OP now if you think retail is "hard" in it's current state which is the easiest and most casual it's ever been, then you need to go play minecraft or runescape. You can't make WoW any easier, raids aren't even hard. If you're refering to mythic, then your group just sucks or you're crying cause method killed it and you can't, which is childish thinking, bosses take time and work, mythic isn't supposed to be "easy" you're not supposed to face roll it lol

So go do LFR, it's in the game for people like you, problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And in retail you can lvl 1-120 in under a day with LFG spam where YOU CAN'T DIE EVEN IF YOU TRY. You can play Retail WoW with Harcore mode, delete character on death, and still clear everything without ease. Only mythic raiding is somewhat difficult which is aimed to 0.1% of the playerbase.

The rest is so easy and dumbed down it's nothing but a grind for micro-upgrades. Retail WoW is a mobile game played on a computer.
    And yet LFR is harder than Classic. You don't even have to have a full raid to clear the top content. You don't even have to be max level to clear the content. LFR is so hard that they implemented a system where they buff your health, healing and damage to get past it. One boss in retail can have as many mechanics as a whole raid in classic. On LFR.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Some of my fondest vanilla memories are playing with friends harassing small towns and causing trouble. Its not like we were two lvl 60s who found a lvl 30 out in the world questing, and just stood there corpse camping him and killing over and over again. We laughed, and laughed, and laughed as they got more and more angry, and tried more and more creative ways to try and kill us - jumping onto the roof, inside tents, etc.

There was a flight master right there, and if they wanted to leave they could have. At the end of the day, the only difference between a pvp and pve realm is the ability to engage a player at a disadvantage - or as some people would say, ganking. There is absolutely no other difference - anyone who signed up to a pvp realm for fair, honest, and equal pvp is a fool, that can happen on a pve realm. PvP realms are for ganking people at a disadvantage, and thats about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic is EXTREMELY hard - thats why over 60% of accounts have not logged back in - it was too "hard" for them.
    Yeah just means you're a degenerate, too.

it's whatever lol

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I don't feel attachment to some random dudes from server. I only feel attachment to people in guild and new "communities" feature.

And I definitely don't miss the times being stuck with same toxic dudes. Now I can choose who I want to play with. Cross server is one of the best features in wow.

And I really wish guilds and mythic raids would be cross realm too.

I can't really relate to that at all. I was on a server where there was like 2-3 toxic dudes for like 40-60 good people. I could see how that sucks but every type of community anywhere is going to have some suckers. I'm not sure why you wouldnt feel attached to a server when you see the same people every day for months and do the same dungeons and stuff. I knew like over 300 people on my server in wotlk and had access to like 6 vents. It felt really cool.. Even people I was never in vent with or guild, but always did wintergrasp or saw run by me in dalaran, I feel a connection with. Idk that sucks you haven't experienced what i did for wotlk/cata. This is part of the reason I enjoy classic so much right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ornichi View Post
    Speaking of MC zerg, you devaluate 15-year time investment. Pretty sure, that if top guilds were farming Mythic KJ for 15 years, he would be a oneshot as well.
    Why not? Throw in 18 players with quest blues, half of them not being level cap. Yeah. They gonna one shot M KJ. Especially if they have level 12 artifact weapons.

This post is why classic people are known as toxic liars. They will say anything to try to prove they are right and when you call them out on their lies they respond with aggressive behaviour.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post

I'm a retail fanatic. I love continuing lores and stuff. I don't want wow to be replaced for a wow classic version of it, that's like anti climatic and will make the game go so much more down than having a "simple bad expansion, with bad features and bad systems". I see nothing special about classic, besides having a more social element attached. And even now people come to classic with retail cross-realms mentality and it feels weird, for what is was and what it is. They are so different i can't even compare to be quite frankly with you. Comparisons are made when something is similar but ain't the same, it's the same game but almost everything is different, the quests are different, the world is different, the classes are different, you can pass here all day discussing differences, because there's alot, and that's what people don't get, when they start the topic of classic vs retail is useless, because it's not comparable. Just enjoy both! How hard is that? Or just like one, then don't comment on retail, forget about retail, do whatever you want but just stop bashing retail. If "you" (being generalized here) want changes brought back to retail just say it like "oh man, i really like this, wish retail had it", not just like "retail sucks, you bunch of retail bois, retail is sooo easy, retail is this and that"
    God i get overly tired of seeing this.

Anyway, back on topic. I really never thought about the impact it would make to have cross realms like it does, and i never thought i wanted it so bad to come back to how it was. I want specific realms to be a thing and i want this knowing everyone back again. I felt this knowing everyone back in the day on Cataclysm. I know all PVP/PVE guilds, i knew what they got new. I knew even if i wanted to be pvp or pve only because i liked the atmosphere of the guild on PVP and PVE or just going around with them. I used to go bars with my guild, pretending we were celebrating a RBG victory. And getting drunk. Like a Guild Hall with a bar. Was great.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-25 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Yeah just means you're a degenerate, too.

it's whatever lol
    So what reason is there to roll on a pvp realm. Please enlighten us. Remember, anyone can flag themselves on a pve realm at any stage.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    That's why the pvp scene in retail is so popular...
    Classic however, pvp is outstanding.

Making your character stronger should provide you a one up on other players.
    What's the point in playing on a pvp server if someone who's 10 lvls lower then you and just started the game can compete?

Someone who spends the time and skill to get Gladiator gear should always have an unfair advantage against the fresh lvl 110.
    Coz it is so fun ganking a low lvl player who can't answer to you, yeah
    Especially for a player who is getting killed and can't do anything against the person attacking.