10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Naaaah, there is noooooo way to pay for it
    I saw a retweet that went like this:

"Suppose your health care cost $1,000"

"Then, because of Medicare for all, you don't pay $1,000 a month but your taxes go up by $750"

"If someone tells you this is a tax increase, they are the ones getting your $1,000"

- - - Updated - - -

Senate holds second vote to end National Emergency Lol on the southern border. Vote was 54-41.

"Ah, party lines?"

No, 11 GOP members voted to end it with the Democrats.

GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Roy Blunt (Mo.), Susan Collins (Maine), Mike Lee (Utah), Jerry Moran (Kan.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Rand Paul (Ky.), Rob Portman (Ohio), Mitt Romney (Utah), Pat Toomey (Pa.) and Roger Wicker (Miss.) voted to end the president's declaration.
    "So it ended with filibuster."

No, simple majority, it's not a bill.

Simply put, an increasing number of GOP members are feeling no need to walk side-by-side with Trump on everything. In an election year, that's a dangerous sentiment.

- - - Updated - - -

So let's talk about --

"Oh, what now?"

-- the spending bill.

Haven't heard much, yes the news is kind of clogged with "Trump admits he committed a felony" stuff, but haven't heard much on this topic recently.

Six days ago, the House passed their spending bill. As @Skroe keeps saying, these bills have high bipartisan support, 301 to 123 in this case.

Two days ago, Trump said he would sign it. Based on the House vote, that's largely symbolic, but at least it's progress. And it's not like he wants a shutdown anyhow.

Then...silence, mostly.

The Senate Appropriations Committee didn’t start work on its own bills until last week, that panel’s latest start in 32 years — and it’s been a rocky one marked by unusual partisan disagreements over funding allocations and policy riders. The House passed 10 of its 12 bills, but at funding levels that hadn’t been agreed to by Republicans or the White House.
    The Senate was supposed to vote this week. The deadline is Sept 30th, and this only covers till Nov 21. We could see this again easily.

"So what's the holdup?"

Well, for one, Trump's being impeached. But more importantly, the Wall. Simply put, the Democrats know full well Trump is already looking to move yet more military funding to Pelosi's flower garden, and they're taking steps to prevent this.

"So what will happen?"

See above Wall vote. It looks like the GOP has two choices:
    1) block money for buying more Wall, and pass a budget, or
    2) allow money for buying more Wall, and cause a shutdown.

Well, I can think of 54 to 41 reasons why it'll be the first option.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably cackling with glee, CNN releases the list of 79 lies Trump told last week alone.

Here are some of the better ones:

1) Trump claimed there was no delay in Ukrainian aid.

2) Trump retweeted the debunked "Omar danced on 9/11" meme.

3) Trump said the top mountain climbers couldn't get past his Wall.

4) Here's a fun one: Trump said Biden's son was under investigation. There's actually no evidence of that. Biden's son was a member of the board of a company whose head, Mykola Zlochevsky, was already being investigated by the UK -- so maybe joining the company then wasn't a great idea -- but there's no actual evidence Hunter Biden was ever a target.

Plus, as I've mentioned multiple times, the Ukrainian government has since said no evidence of wrongdoing.

5) Trump's claim that San Fransisco's homeless are causing a pollution problem is not yet backed by any information. Even his EPA shrugs on that one.

6) Trump said the nuclear arsenal is in 'tippy-top shape.' Yes, that's an exact quote. He left out the part where Obama spent a trillion dollars fixing it up, and Trump did nothing.

7) Trump claimed that he got 90% of the Cuban-American vote. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

8) This is a minor point, but, Trump says he removed the estate tax. I've been saying that too. Well, I was wrong. He did push up the limit at which it must be paid, however.

9) Despite Trump's claim, there is still 0 miles of Wall where there was no border before. He's fixing Obama's fence, that's it.

10) Trump said "many more" Korean war remains are coming back. That's flat-out false. In fact, we haven't had any returned in a year and North Korea stopped returning our calls so the program is shut down. This is Trump's respect for our veterans, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Every network should be doing this by now. Fact-checking in real time and cutting away when the president is spewing blatant falsehoods. I'm not talking about spin, that's totally fine, but objectively untrue information and bullshit he pulls out of his ass like Obama asking foreign leaders to investigate Trump.

But most won't. That's harder to produce than just airing a speech and then sitting down with a panel to gab on for 20 minutes afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...jmzu-ULK1_truQ

Senate voted to overturn Trumps emergency declaration over the border wall.

He's still not getting his fucking wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Can't. Stop. Laughing. Most inept administration in recent memory.
    https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/11...727908866?s=20
    I can't believe they mentioned the Deep State twice in those talking points. When the White House uses conspiracy theories you know it's fucked.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I can't believe they mentioned the Deep State twice in those talking points. When the White House uses conspiracy theories you know it's fucked.
    You missed the part that they actually sent the email meant to go to Trump's people and they asked the Democrats to disregard the last email https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1176892635526651905

10+ Year Old Account
    The director of BLM filed --

"He doesn't exist."

The acting director of BLM filed a list of the companies he had to recuse himself from working with, as director of BLM, because he'd worked with them before.

The list was 17 pages.

“This is a long list of recusals,” said Delaney Marsco, legal council for ethics at the Campaign Legal Center. “If these matters relate to his job in some way, and they likely do if has to recuse himself from them, it’s troubling that there’s so much of a person's job that they can’t do.”

Aaron Weiss, deputy director of Western Priorities, a conservation watchdog group, also questioned whether the bureau chief's recusal list would interfere with his ability to lead the agency.

“A BLM director has to balance multiple uses and that means balancing conservation and recreation and energy development and ranching, and if in any given decisions the BLM director is conflicted in one way or another with any of those interests, there’s no way for them to make good decisions,” Weiss said.

“Looking at the breadth of Pendley's conflicts, it’s hard to see how he can do the job because he has worked for so many clients across the West.”
    The list includes some energy companies, some farms, and some airline companies.

Also he has to file notice before his book promotion tours, such as "Warriors for the West: Fighting Bureaucrats, Radical Groups, and Liberal Judges on America’s Frontier."

So...Acting BLM head can just show up and play Minecraft most of the day and let his Deputies do his job, then?

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    You missed the part that they actually sent the email meant to go to Trump's people and they asked the Democrats to disregard the last email https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1176892635526651905
    Now that's just sad.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    They will tank his approval rating. Again
    Remember, all of this is with a pretty decent Economy, the moment we enter a recession (and i would say that the moment is coming soon) his approval will never be around 40% any more
    Time proves all things. And not all polls have a 2 week lag. Some conduct them more often, such as Rasmussen. But you are correct about the recession. Should there be one close to Nov. 2020? His reelection chances will certainly drop. And his approval rating ( average ) is about 45% now.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-09-25 at 11:23 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Time proves all things. But you are correct about the recession. Should there be one close to Nov. 2020? His reelection chances will certainly drop. And his approval rating ( average ) is about 45% now.
    Where are you seeing approval ratings at about 45%? Does that mean anything over 30% is 45%? And are you comfortable with any approval rating that happened before the Ukraine thing broke? I know that's a loaded question, but you get my point.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I will keep it as is. Besides, it is a example of how the Democratic party is destroying itself from within.

- - - Updated - - -

The average approval is 45.1 % now. Of course there is over a year until the election, so that could go down. Or up.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good point. I felt the same way when Obama's was over 50%.
    Who gives a flying fuck what his approval rating is, he just committed ANOTHER impeachable offense.

- - - Updated - - -

He is not a carbon copy of Obama, so no. Obama was also not subjected to the same amount of media destruction Trump has had to face. It doesn't matter however. Most people care about having a job and providing for their families. If enough feel like they are doing that during a election, then the sitting President has a better chance of staying in office.
    Nope, Obama knew what the fuck he was doing, that is why none of his followers and appointees got arrested or anything. And the media was critical of Obama, if he did something fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you seeing approval ratings at about 45%? Does that mean anything over 30% is 45%? And are you comfortable with any approval rating that happened before the Ukraine thing broke? I know that's a loaded question, but you get my point.
    He's probably using RCP, they have a slight bias toward leaning Right, but at least he isn't parading around hot garbage Rasmussen like the rest of the Trump cucks.
    RCP has it at 44.9% approve, 52.3% disapprove.
    538 has it at 43.1% approve, 52.9% disapprove.

We can assume it's somewhere in the middle, say 44% yay, 52.6 nay. But all these aggregate polls take a solid week or so to poll after current events. I would expect Trump to start creeping back down closer to 40% approval in the next week or two. I don't see it getting much lower though, at this point, the GOP is essentially made up of cultists and sycophants trying to ride Trump's coattails for their own degenerate purposes.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-09-25 at 11:26 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    He's probably using RCP, they have a slight bias toward leaning Right, but at least he isn't parading around hot garbage Rasmussen like the rest of the Trump cucks.

We can assume it's somewhere in the middle, say 44% yay, 52.6 nay.
    Interesting. I'm surprised it's that high atm. I would guess that it is about to plunge as well. I wonder how big the slide will be? We know about 35% of the country backs Trump not matter how many people he shoots in Times Square, so really if it drops below 40% that's Yuge.

Interesting. I'm surprised it's that high atm. I would guess that it is about to plunge as well. I wonder how big the slide will be? We know about 35% of the country backs Trump not matter how many people he shoots in Times Square, so really if it drops below 40% that's Yuge.
    The lowest it has been is around 37%, when the Stormy Daniels thing broke.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

He is not a carbon copy of Obama, so no. Obama was also not subjected to the same amount of media destruction Trump has had to face.
    By media destruction, you mean self inflicted right??

So basically you are saying Obama did not fuck up as much, lie as much, fail as much, et all.....

He is not a carbon copy of Obama, so no. Obama was also not subjected to the same amount of media destruction Trump has had to face. It doesn't matter however. Most people care about having a job and providing for their families. If enough feel like they are doing that during a election, then the sitting President has a better chance of staying in office.
    I know poor ole Trump. Won't the big ole media just stop talking about his lies, disgraces, embezzling(I do mean embezzling because he is taking taxpayer money to pay for his hotel and golf trips), and crimes. I mean it isn't like this is the exact reason we have the 1st amendment in the first place to call out and criticize the government. The media needs to stop focusing on the current president and need to look at the last one. I mean look at all his controversies like eating Dijon mustard or wearing a tan suit. Then the biggest crime of all speaking deals and a book deal as a private citizen after he left office THE SHOCK AND HORROR!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He is not a carbon copy of Obama, so no. Obama was also not subjected to the same amount of media destruction Trump has had to face.
    Trump has been the sole architect of his own media destruction. The lack thereof re Obama is for the exact same reason. You and your ilk have never been able to comprehend that simple concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post

We can assume it's somewhere in the middle, say 44% yay, 52.6 nay. But all these aggregate polls take a solid week or so to poll after current events. I would expect Trump to start creeping back down closer to 40% approval in the next week or two. I don't see it getting much lower though, at this point, the GOP is essentially made up of cultists and sycophants trying to ride Trump's coattails for their own degenerate purposes.
    No, he did.
    You are free to think what you want. Rasmussen latest poll today has him at 53% approval. So that is something else for you to think about or dismiss.
    This "well Trump's polling is up slightly so its all fine!!!" been the only thing he posted for the last two days. In a way it shows how indefensible this all is since thats the hill they are choosing to hold. And the utter lack of scruples of the average Trump supporter

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    No, he did.

This "well Trump's polling is up slightly so its all fine!!!" been the only thing he posted for the last two days. In a way it shows how indefensible this all is since thats the hill they are choosing to hold. And the utter lack of scruples of the average Trump supporter
    Yep, he can't defend the President against the latest bullshit he stepped into, so he is saying the polls that were taken before this Ukraine thing came to light, are so important.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post

Well, it dropped down to 51% today. But it shows him beating Biden in a National match up by 4%.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams