Every time I go to another news site, the Democrat tally for impeachment support has ticked up. Counting former-Republican Amash, they're up to 210 as of this post. That's pretty god damn exciting, even if it's doomed to go nowhere in the Senate.

I also have no idea what these "terrible optics" would be, as always.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We all should remember, too, that the Whistleblower has stated that more than one issue exists within the Complaint he filed. The Ukraine conversation is not the only problem Trump has at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    She's showing why she should be forced to resign. She's supposed to be the House Speaker, not Speaker of the Stalinist Dems.
    God forbid she hold the president accountable for his actions. She is doing her job. She is doing what every voter in the united states should be doing. Trump broke the law and admitted to breaking the law. Stop defending our criminal president.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Still, responding to it is like screaming at shit-flinging monkeys. Only think you will manage is get shit in your mouth.
    Probably but I think nonsense like this still needs a response if only to prevent others from lapping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Did you listen to his press conference today?

Yes it was full of lies but he's already shaping the narrative in his favor.

I just don't trust thr average Joe to see this as anything as other than Teflon Don being Teflon Don.
    Oh, I don't think so--not this time. Nobody has to read 448 pages; nobody has to explain that "collusion" isn't a legal term, or explain for the bajillionth fucking time why there were "no charges if he did something wrong!" etc. Just a clear as day transcript, just a couple short sentences' worth, of the president of the United States trying to get a foreign government to investigate a political rival. "But there was no quid--" "Irrelevant; still illegal." Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I've long thought about this, but I think it's worth it to have at least one person recant such nonsense posts.

If some casual observer is perusing and sees the post go without response, they might think "wow, no one has even questioned their logic! They must be right!" or "hmmm, nobody is refuting them, everyone must agree with them."

So, in essence, responding to these drive by shitposters isn't so much screaming at the shit-flinging monkey, it's sweeping up the shit off the pavement so people don't wonder why you have so much undealt with poop lying around.
    And this is what I meant with what I posted but very much better said. Trump and the GOP and the alt-right have done so much damage to the United States and it isnt even remotely close to being over. People responding to this bullshit is important even if they are only responding to "trolls" because many of them actually voted for Trump and helped caused this mess. It needs to be responded to and harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Speaking to Trump's "knowledge" -

NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF A CATEGORY 5, NOT EVEN DONALD TRUMP! Who has spoken about them for years and visited areas hit by those hurricanes, but still seems to think it's a brand new thing that nobody has heard of every single time.

Was looking for a nice compilation of "What the president really said/meant was..." but this popped up. Not quite as good at illustrating the point I wanted, but it fits.
    This is called filling time, when one doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. A normal person would atleast understand to stop at some point but tRump can't help himself from rambling on about inane bs.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If they impeach now without getting the results in the investigation it will blow up in their face. But if they wait till the investigation is over and it shows he did something wrong then they have a strong chance of getting it done.
    Good to see you posting more ignorant bullshit to support your dear leader. Unfortunately Trump already admitted to breaking the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    even if it's doomed to go nowhere in the Senate.
    We haven't heard from the whistleblower yet.
    @cubby says the Senate Intelligence Chair has his report, that's not good enough. Everyone in the SIC and HIC needs it. (EDIT: they do have it) Then, as he asked, he gets to testify directly.

Then the GOP can judge. They don't have the facts, because Trump was withholding them, and that's the problem.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/25/76445...medium=twitter

So about that whole, "I held up money because of corruption!" thing...

President Trump cited concerns about corruption as his rationale for blocking security assistance to Ukraine earlier this week. But in a letter sent to four congressional committees in May of this year and obtained by NPR, Undersecretary of Defense for Policy John Rood informs lawmakers that he has "certified that the Government of Ukraine has taken substantial actions to make defense institutional reforms for the purposes of decreasing corruption (and) increasing accountability."

The certification had been required by law for the release of $250 million in security assistance for Ukraine. That aid was blocked by the White House until Sept. 11 and has since been released. It must be spent before September 30, the end of the fiscal year.
    Welp, that's another lie that bites the dust.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-calls-1512771

And Trump is now taking the interesting approach of...trying to deflect to his own vice president.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Agreed. Way too late in his term for anything to come of this.
    Fuck Trump. Fuck this term. Fuck whoever gets elected next. The issue is the president broke the law and is being held accountable for it. The goal isnt to get rid of Trump but to make it clear no leader of this country is above the law and that there are consequences. Obviously getting rid of a criminal president is good but rule of law needs to matter and be held to everyone who is a part of our government.

Given the issues facing our world nothing is more important than integrity and honesty. The fact that so many of you are shrugging this off is very alarming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Too late for this to be a good thing.
    A president being held accountable is never a bad thing. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

10+ Year Old Account
    So about that whole, "I held up money because of corruption!" thing...
    A worthless lie.

The first excuse was the OMB letter sent in early August, and it was the cost being too high. So already, yeah, May had come and gone.

The second excuse was corruption. That lasted maybe 24 hours.

The third excuse, just before the transcript was made public, was other countries weren't doing enough.

You can't give three different excuses and expect anyone to believe any of them.

Also, again, Trump had never given the first two excuses until the story broke of the phone call. He held up funding Aug 3. He released funding Sept 11. I looked and found nothing Trump said, between those dates, about corruption or other countries not helping.

And also, in the phone call, Trump said other countries weren't helping -- a lie, the EU sent like $16 billion -- but that the US was helping, and Ukraine should be grateful. Which is the opposite of the excuse he gave before.

What's your thoughts on the claim Trump withheld money from Ukraine for a political request but the Ukraine President himself denied that happened?

Do you feel the Ukraine President is lying?
    Trump admitted to breaking the law. Fuck off troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, he asked them to investigate Biden but made no mention of military aid, that's the illegal part that didn't happen.
    Trump. Admitted. To. Breaking. The. Law.

Sit down and shut the fuck up already.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden's son is a political opponent?
    The fact that trolls like you are allowed to post absolute bullshit and troll and people like Skoe and others are constantly banned says it all about these forums.

I said it before and I will say it again if the mods here aren't going to actually uphold the rules of these forums Curse just needs to shut it all down. There will never be any honest discourse allowed here if mods like Thwart are allowed to selectively apply forum rules based on who he agrees with. We have people literally threatening death to others who are not only not being banned but also clearly not being reported to the proper authorties.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2019-09-25 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    What law did the President break in this situation ?
    That would be extortion and bribery.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Trump admitted to breaking the law. Fuck off troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump. Admitted. To. Breaking. The. Law.

Sit down and shut the fuck up already.
    It doesn't even matter if he broke the law. He asked a foreign power to help him with an election. To find dirt on a political opponent. Anyone defending trump, like zenkai is a political hack plain and simple.

He isn't currently running for office, the Republicans haven't even nominated him yet. If he broke a law, how some no one is saying he did after the transcript release?
    You think Trump isn't running for office? He has been running for re-election since the first week of his presidency.

I'm still trying to process the fact that Trump is functionally throwing Pence under the bus to protect himself.

I mean...I don't even think Nixon did that, and he had the perfect VP to do it to with Agnew, who was deeply corrupt himself (even moreso than Nixon).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to process the fact that Trump is functionally throwing Pence under the bus to protect himself.
    I don't think he is.

Pence almost certainly had correctly legal phone calls with the Ukrainian President. Any such transcripts will be boring tedious conversations of state. The implication is, Trump hopes, that if Pence was bigly legal, then so was Trump.

Trump isn't throwing Pence under the bus, but he is using him as a seat cushion to prop himself up.

Let me get this straight, you're more concern about Trump asking about Biden's wrong doings than you are about Biden doing something illegal?

The ot�er thing,There's a lot 6f.talk about Biden's son,. that Eiden stopped theprosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that sowhatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so ifyou ·can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.
    The Biden thing was investigated already multiple times. What Trump did has NOT. Stop trolling.

Acting spy chief threatened to resign if White House restricted his testimony, The Washington Post reports https://t.co/0orFSiKSkj https://t.co/PlHH3tKK3L
    Idk if this was posted but it shows White House was trying to cover up. Also the acting DNI seems at least to disagree with how the White House is handling the whistle-blower.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ukra...ry?id=65863043

When Ukrainians voted to elect comedian Volodymyr Zelenskiy as their next president in the spring of 2019, the fledgling administration was eager to coordinate a phone call with Kyiv’s most important benefactor -- the United States, according to an adviser to Zelenskiy.

But after weeks of discussions with American officials, Ukrainian officials came to recognize a precondition to any executive correspondence, the adviser said.

"It was clear that [President Donald] Trump will only have communications if they will discuss the Biden case," said Serhiy Leshchenko, an anti-corruption advocate and former member of Ukraine's Parliament, who now acts as an adviser to Zelenskiy. "This issue was raised many times. I know that Ukrainian officials understood."

The Trump administration’s alleged insistence that the two leaders discuss a prospective investigation into Biden, one of the president’s political opponents, casts his July 25 conversation with Zelenskiy in a new light.
    Not looking any better for Trump...