Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Does anyone have proof that his actions are unauthorized? If Trump asked/told him to do this, then it was authorized and it becomes blatantly clear that no violation occurred. This is in direct contrast to John Kerry's actions with Iran a little while ago.
    If only integrity and honesty mattered to you. It clearly doesnt matter to your dear leader hence why all of this seems to be a-ok with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Hasn't Trump's personal lawyer thats currently serving time on crimes committed on Individual 1's behalf already been disbarred ?
    That was the other guy,Giuliani is his new lawyer,a decision he is most likely regretting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    That was the other guy,Giuliani is his new lawyer,a decision he is most likely regretting right now.
    Still doesn't change the fact that at any given moment, Trump has many personal lawyers, and he cares little about their relation to laws or truth so long as they are loyal dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's not really how it works. If you are ordered by the president to murder someone, and do so, you are not absolved of your crime.
    Funny, because that's almost exactly how it worked in the case of Saudi Arabia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Hasn't Trump's personal lawyer thats currently serving time on crimes committed on Individual 1's behalf already been disbarred ?
    No no, you're thinking of the other Trump lawyer who committed election fraud. I know, it's confusing. So few people Cohen keep them straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    If only integrity and honesty mattered to you. It clearly doesnt matter to your dear leader hence why all of this seems to be a-ok with you.
    An added bonus... here is a letter GOP congress sent to Iran, in part due to Kerry:

GOP senators send letter to Iran in attempt to undermine nuclear deal; Biden calls it ‘false’ and ‘dangerous’
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...e-negotiations

The letter was written by freshman Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, who opposes negotiations with Iran. It’s addressed to the “Leaders of the Islamic Republic of Iran” and presents itself as a constitutional primer to the government of an American adversary. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky’s signature is on it, as are those of several prospective presidential candidates.
    The north remembers...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Does anyone have proof that his actions are unauthorized? If Trump asked/told him to do this, then it was authorized and it becomes blatantly clear that no violation occurred.
    That would open another can of worms, though. In any case, I don't see Trump admitting his part in this when he can throw Rudy under the bus just by keeping silent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That would open another can of worms, though. In any case, I don't see Trump admitting his part in this when he can throw Rudy under the bus just by keeping silent.
    Doesn’t the bold imply Rudy is safe?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Doesn’t the bold imply Rudy is safe?
    Good point. Yes, that's what Trump is really unable to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yes, Guilliani isn't in the fucking federal government. That makes it a fucking crime. And John Kerry started the negotiations when he was Secretary of State. And as far as I know, Kerry stopped the negotiations when his tenure was over.
    Kerry was also found to be reiterating support for a preciously existing agreement. He was not negotiating terms for a new agreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day, what you have is your legacy. What your life has --

"Stop rambling and post the link."

Rudy Giuliani's former DOJ colleagues believe he committed crimes in pushing Biden probe

NBC News, apparently, didn't have to look very hard.

NBC News reached out to seven former colleagues of Giuliani's. Of the six who offered comments on or off the record, none defended him.

"This is certainly not the Giuliani that I know," said Jeffrey Harris, who worked as Giuliani’s top assistant when he was at the Justice Department in the President Ronald Reagan administration. "I think the Giuliani that I know would prosecute the Giuliani of today."

"There’s a whole apparatus of the United State government that’s set up to deal with foreign officials and Rudy Giuliani’s not one of them," said Harris, now a lawyer in private practice in Washington D.C.

"To the extent that you could look at this as using government resources for your benefit, there are a number of crimes that this conduct would answer to."
    It should be noted that this article says Giuliani claims to be unpaid. Assuming that's true, he must be doing all this for something really important. I fail to understand how someone who worked with Reagan in the 80's would actually side with Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I fail to understand how someone who worked with Reagan in the 80's would actually side with Russia.
    Because they converted from EvIl AtHiEsTiC CoMmuNiSm to good kleptocratic fundamentalist christian capitalism.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Does anyone have proof that his actions are unauthorized? If Trump asked/told him to do this, then it was authorized and it becomes blatantly clear that no violation occurred. This is in direct contrast to John Kerry's actions with Iran a little while ago.
    "The President told me to do it" is not a defence in court lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    An added bonus... here is a letter GOP congress sent to Iran, in part due to Kerry:

GOP senators send letter to Iran in attempt to undermine nuclear deal; Biden calls it ‘false’ and ‘dangerous’
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...e-negotiations

The north remembers...
    Nixon also conspired to thwart the Vietnam peace talks under Johnson.

The modern Republian Party has been committing the same crime since it began.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "The President told me to do it" is not a defence in court lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Nixon also conspired to thwart the Vietnam peace talks under Johnson.

The modern Republian Party has been committing the same crime since it began.
    And Reagan/Bush Sr. allegedly fucked the talks during the Iran hostage crisis so they could get elected,they are the party of power over all else and have been for decades.

He's a private citizen, not a member of the government and did not go through the proper clearances to be a member of the government. He is not authorized to speak on behalf of the United States regardless of if the President told him to do it or not.

The law is clear in that the person needs to be authorized by the United States government. Not just the president telling him to do things.

Now, Trump himself can't be guilty of violating the Logan Act since he is definitely an authorized person. But he almost certainly is guilty of criminal conspiracy in this matter.
    Last edited by nonameelf; 2019-09-28 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    And Reagan/Bush Sr. allegedly fucked the talks during the Iran hostage crisis so they could get elected,they are the party of power over all else and have been for decades.
    Come to think of it, the only one who didn't was Bush Jr. He used a crooked Supreme Court instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.