Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

the horde loyalist decision

So just worked my way through this. And I gots me a question.

If you were loyal to sylvanas because:
    1. She is the best thing for the horde
    2. Screw the alliance, red forever
    3. She is the rightful warchief

and now you find out that in fact she was not working for the horde after all as speculated many times over. I mean her wanting death for everyone includes you too . So......what does the loyal player does then?

I mean we now have beautiful cgi proof that she doesnt care about the horde. the ones against or the ones for. they are all dumb and weak to her as per the monologue. And if you have been following her about because she cares for the horde well what now?

Lets say from a population of a 100, 50 voted sylvanas and 50 voted saurfang. Some of those sylvanas 50 must be like....wait wtf? the moment she yelled the horde was nothing.

Or are the loyalist gonna strap into the roller coaster and ride it out till the end because its sylvanas > horde > nzoth > murloc gamjee > campfire > alliance?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I'd follow our blue lady all the way to the end.

That is, if I was still subbed and hadn't canceled because of the utter ridiculousness they're putting the story through. Nothing makes sense anymore. It's just one giant fustercluck of half-assed high-school-level writing.

I just had a terrible revelation.

Someone, somewhere has a tattoo that consists of Sylvanas and the Horde emblem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I think the main point was "why"

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

That is, if I was still subbed and hadn't canceled because of the utter ridiculousness they're putting the story through. Nothing makes sense anymore. It's just one giant fustercluck of half-assed high-school-level writing.
    This... this is beautiful. I follow her to the end, but it breaks my heart what they have done to her, I thought this was gonna be a great expansion with spy stuff but every single new story they put out I feel myself just praying that they don't fuck her even more... I'm at a point that I just lost my will to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    I just had a terrible revelation.

Someone, somewhere has a tattoo that consists of Sylvanas and the Horde emblem.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the main point was "why"
    Because her oposition sucks more than her.

i mean personally i'm down for whatever the banshee queen has planned. not like death is anything to be afraid of.. if you are useful enough in death

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    i mean personally i'm down for whatever the banshee queen has planned. not like death is anything to be afraid of.. if you are useful enough in death
    I think we've been proven that useful people in death don't retain their free will.

We've basically gotten a variation of the Fable 3 story... so we get to wait for the reveal of the big bad thing that's going to destroy us all while Sylvanas and Nathanos dip off to continue their planning.

edit:

for those that didn't touch fable 3. the story pits you against an 'evil' ruler who seems to be a jerk in every way but it turned out they were trying to forcibly ready the nation for an inevitable war with forces beyond mortal ken and unless you cheat or do some serious gaming... you'll turn into the same ruler you replaced getting the nation ready to take on said forces beyond mortal ken. Basically you lie and backstab you way to filling your treasury to afford the forces needed to not lose the nation or you give everyone what they want and wind up losing most the people in the process.... but through the power of real estates and save glitching you basically ignore all of that.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-09-26 at 04:34 AM.

There's nothing you can do about bad writing or stupid players sadly.

The first cinematic made it like the rebels were an extremely small group. "So few..." while showing maybe a dozen Horde tents tops and maybe 100 troops, with Anduin also saying they could only provide enough for 1 final push. They then showed up at the gates with a massive force big enough to split into 3 and still feel like they could win.

That aside, she has been using the loyalist players since day 1, and it's become more and more clear as time went on.

Every decision has been one in her own interests. She's never really shared any valuable details of what her plan is, she just tells the loyalist to tag along and follow orders blindly.

That all culminated in the final cinematic where she just straight up says, "You are all nothing!" What happens then? The loyalists crawl back and lick her boots some more, where, once again, she leaves them with nothing other than "There are preparations to be made. When you next see me you will understand."

The loyalists as well, apparently they all just turned traitor as soon as Sylvanas said they were nothing and flew off. They just all gave up, set down their arms, let the rebels in and accepted it was over. Some loyalty eh?

I think we've been proven that useful people in death don't retain their free will.
    High ranking scourge beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I know she's borderline scourge at this point, but I was talking about undead raised by her.

most of them weren't useful before death.

I know she's borderline scourge at this point, but I was talking about undead raised by her.
    You mean those that all have free will as this fucking patch proved?

I did my playthrough as a loyalist because my char was loyal to her. Not the Horde, but Sylvanas. If my char had been loyal to the Horde, the Burning of Teldrassil would already made me want to get off lol.

The reward as a loyalist is that there's a higher purpose to this all, and in an expansion about YET ANOTHER pointless faction War- and Ilove the idea of a faction War but the writers just won't effing commit to an actual morally grey situation- that was used as the backdrop of an entirely different thing Sylvanas plans is the only thing that is actually interesting.

You mean those that all have free will as this fucking patch proved?
    You mean the former people of Lordaeron that weren't raised by her?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    The reward as a loyalist is that there's a higher purpose to this all
    Uh.. yeah. Helping Sylvanas with her existential crisis and hunger for power.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you followed sylvanas for any reason other then wanting to be evil then there’s only one real thing to say.

It was clear from the start that she didn’t care about the horde and that she was never gonna be an actual good leader she was always interested only in her self.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    She don't care for the living. She care for the death. Nothing has changed.

She is now dropping the charade and will concentrate in her Endgame: the creation of an Undeath Empire.

(This is me wishing that with the incoming Unification, Horde and Alliance united as one single faction, Blizz is planning the creation of a second faction, an Undeath one, to keep the status quo. Two enemy factions. Life vs Death)

You mean the former people of Lordaeron that weren't raised by her?

- - - Updated - - -

Uh.. yeah. Helping Sylvanas with her existential crisis and hunger for power.
    What the fuck are you even talking about, start making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonwho View Post
    She don't care for the living. She care for the death. Nothing has changed.

She is now dropping the charade and will concentrate in her Endgame: the creation of an Undeath Empire.

(This is me wishing that with the incoming Unification, Horde and Alliance united as one single faction, Blizz is planning the creation of a second faction, an Undeath one, to keep the status quo. Two enemy factions. Life vs Death)
    The Loyalist ending proves she's the bitch of something more powerful that wants souls.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck are you even talking about, start making sense.
    No need to get upset because your waifu stabbed you in the back.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-26 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

The Loyalist ending proves she's the bitch of something more powerful that wants souls.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to get upset because your waifu stabbed you in the back.
    Yeah, if you want to respond to me only with sarahtasher style ramblings, you are going to ignore buddy.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-26 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Received Infraction