Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe that between a Priest and Shaman, no one thought to just rez Saurfang...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Is no one going to mention that the video is a copy pasta of the scene from the Warcraft movie where Thrall's father sacrifices homself by challenging Gul'dan to a mak'gora he knows he can't win, in order to goad Gul'dan into speaking his true feelings about the Horde?

- - - Updated - - -

But Sylvanas isn't a bitch in classic, so how does that fit with your feelings?
    Factions leaders were not very involved in classic, so of course we can't tell she's a bitch. Although she still commanded that plague to the RAS...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

One question that needs answered: what happens to the Forsaken now? The only Val’kyr that revive them are bound to Sylvanas. Without her the Forsaken end. Is there going to be some story where Odyn now has his help the Horde and revive those that are worthy or is this just going to be something overlooked in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Mak'gora has no such rules. "One weapon, no armor" was the kind of duel Garrosh and Cairne agreed upon, not a set in stone rule. After all, Thrall vs Garrosh included them wearing full armor, and Thrall using magic without any issues being raised.
    But... That is exactly what I am saying.

Unpopular opinion, but I was a fan of this cinematic and where I believe its leading to. Horde vs. Alliance has gotten way too stale. "I hate you!" to "Lets team up to kill this bad guy!" back to "I hate you again!" over and over. I am ALL FOR merging the current factions as long as they can still make PvP viable. Maybe they'll make an "Armies of Azeroth" and "Sylvanas Loyalists" factions where every race can determine which faction to join just like the Pandaren. Regardless of the delivery of the cinematic, I think we can all agree that some kind of big change is needed to keep current WoW relevant and interesting again.

More speculating, this is the PERFECT time to make the next expansion an unofficial WoW 2. Seems pretty certain that they are going to do a level squish which makes sense considering it appears like we're all going to die. Start it from scratch with enhanced graphics, large overhaul of classes, etc. Seriously Blizzard, think outside the box for once and go BIG. If the last few expansions have proved anything, the same outlook isnt going to keep players interested and subscribed for longer than the first month of release.

Too be fair, I liked the cinematic. At first I did not really care for the story all that much this expansion, but because of all the recent cinematics I kinda started caring again.

I guarantee 90% of ppl that say its shit writing are sylvanas's waifu fangays

What the warmonger thinks about BfA:
    The Battle for conquering all landmass of Azeroth

What BfA really means:
    The Battle for protecting the Azeroth, the last Titan

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Why is this a joke?

- - - Updated - - -

There is no next part. That's the conclusion. Now it's on to the rest of what BfA is about (defending Azeroth).
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    But... That is exactly what I am saying.
    There comes the lightbound undead.

Great cinematic,

Not quite sure syl is as evil as she presents herself...

Varok got an honorable death,
    A civil war and alliance casualties prevented.

"The horde is nothing" slip of a tounge? Not quite the cautios banshee queen tactitian we know...I believe it was deliberate. I believe she had a need to supply both faction a villain to hate and unify against which will prove usefull in facing the upcoming greater threat.

Acting the way she did, including killing varok, might serve in establishing her worth or loyalty to the old gods, same as proffesor snipe killed dumbeldor to gain voldmort's trust. Backstabbing her way to the rescue next expanssion and redeming herself.

Next expanssion syl raid boss is quite plausible, yet I believe blizz have no intention killing her and prefer her redeemed.

On the other hand, saying the horde (and everyone else) is nothing, cheating in that sacred duel might have served to distant even her loyalist and just send her off to hideout or exile until blizz actually decides what to do with her next.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like it, my goal with my character its make Jaina paid for Rastakhan deaths so i like it but then she just dissapeared and puff, Hordiance.

After that she "had the casual encounter with Nathanos" and revealing some bits to the Loyal Champion. Probably we are going to see her at the end of the expa after the end Raid, probably as an Ally. Because you know, her Sister that wanted her dead literally says "her armies are the only one capable of defeating Nzoth", the rebels and the alliance aknowledge that, but still decide to go full Against her.

She wanted us to be kill each other, so she could get more souls for Death (witch capital D), but then Saurfang pull off a last minute second wind Salami (Shalamayne) 100% engaged red bull power and literally makes Sylvannas lose composture, so at the end for everyone that its asking wtf happens. She just goes like " a i fucked, well who cares i already gathered a bunch of souls" and she removes herself from the chess table, because she only cared about gathering more power, "for something".

So BfA lest in the cliffhanger, yes.
    Horde and Allaince conflict its dropping step by step.
    There is a bunch of npcs that are, wtf we want vengeance.

pd: after thinking in the words of Bwomsamdi "she has a nasty habit for keeping what she kills" at first i though yeah, she kill things, then raised as Forsaken... but.. did Sylvannas raised any knew "standard forsaken this expa?" i know the Valkyr raised a bunch of Night Elves... but maybe...
    She just keep the souls and well "absorb, eat" them, just like Bwomsamdi does. That would explain some of the reckles attacks on Stormsong and Ashenvale with Telldrasill.
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2019-09-26 at 06:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    It really looks that way. I also wanna know what shes supposed to be doing now canonically. We know shes not gonna be doing it with any witnesses, but shes also just kind of on the loose. I wonder if she'll just randomly turn up like Deathwing and wreck shit with evil magic from time to time.
    Sylvanas is not evil. Death in WoW is not the same as death in real life. She's 2 steps ahead of everyone else and she's not Deathwing or Garrosh 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I believe she had a need to supply both faction a villain to hate and unify against which will prove usefull in facing the upcoming greater threat.
    She shatters an uneasy piece between the two factions by starting a war the kills countless numbers of forces on both sides and attempts to commit genocide against the Night Elves all to unify the two factions against a common foe down the line? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Not quite the cautios banshee queen tactitian we know...I believe it was deliberate. I believe she had a need to supply both faction a villain to hate and unify against which will prove usefull in facing the upcoming greater threat.
    Have you ever read any quests you did in the game? Starting from vanilla she was a spiteful, hateful, psychotic bitch. It amazes me that anyone saw it otherwise.
    This actually makes her story in BfA better than that of Garrosh as she was always like this while Garrosh went off the rails because Blizzard needed a drama.
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2019-09-26 at 09:41 AM.

Blizzard@

8.0 : Wait for it.
    8.1 : Wait for it.
    8.1.5 : Wait for it.
    8.2 : Wait for it.
    8.2.5 : Wait for it.

After building so many expections, they'd better deliver before the expansion ends...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyjack View Post
    It was worse then I imagined... way to make game of thrones ending look like a masterpiece.

It actually ends with her learning magic and turning to smoke or something? Just wtf...
    What are you even talking about? Do you even know what Sylvanas is?

-------------

This is a masterpiece, it is really interesting. I am sad to think that Sylvanas might have her days counted, but I have the feeling that this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    What are you even talking about? Do you even know what Sylvanas is?

-------------

This is a masterpiece, it is really interesting. I am sad to think that Sylvanas might have her days counted, but I have the feeling that this is not the case.
    Vaguely. She keeps getting new powers to push the plots.

As always, Blizzard's cinematics are gorgeous, nothing to say about it.

As for the story, it's as mediocre imo as the rest of BfA really. I was suprised by... nothing, just bland. The dialogs were cliché as usual, "you can't kill hope" "lol you failed you failed you failed" "you are nothing"... urg. WoW was never a masterpiece in term of writing (just look at the plan of Deathwing), but at least it was epic on some parts. But nothing was that epic in this one sided fight, and it served no purpose. I mean seriously, they pulled out the overused "I will taunt the villain until he spills out his evil nature to the public" tvtrope. And COME. ON, the FORSAKEN of all races are taken aback by her claim ?? The WHOLE race has a hate boner for the living, just look at all their questlines.

Sylvanas was sacrificed on the altar of villains. Just like fucking Garrosh (he had such potential back in Cataclysm... I was kinda proud of playing Horde under him. This quest when he executes himself the general who ordered innocent elves to be bombed... my boy Garrosh!). She was a nice character back in the day, sorrowful and vengeful, sassy but down to business.
    Now what do we have ? A mess of a character. She changes of character to make the plot advance now : you cant' depict someone to be this calm 4D chess mastermind and each time she's angered she does something stupid.

ALSO ALSO, what the fuck is that shit about power levels and stuff ? I was taken aback when they said "you can't win against her". I... I thought "wait guys it's not that obvious... we saw Saurfang snap the neck of a forsaken assassin like 1 cinematic ago, he might have a chan-" SHE BLOCKS HIS BLOW AND OVERPOWERS AN ORC IN PURE MIGHT ?????????????????????????????????? What ?
    She OVERPOWERED an ORC, SAURFANG ffs. SHE'S AN ELF. SHE SHOUDL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THIS THAT EASILY.
    I thought she was going to cheat, use her cunning... but no, she was for some reason faster and stronger than a warrior veteran in MELEE !!! SHE'S A RANGER !!! SHE DID A POWERSLIDE INTO FROSTMOURNE, he did not look that flattering for her melee skills.
    As for her shadowmagic, it was no surprise, Xalathat thingy etc.

And to all the people saying "blabla she has a smoke form because Banshee, she's the BANSHEE QUEEN after all"...
    She was named the banshee queen BEFORE SHE TOOK BACK HER CORPSE, when she was ACTUALLY a banshee FFS. She's NO LONGER a banshee since fucking WARCRAFT III TFT !!! It's just her nickname, her old title staying with her. She always had undead powers, but NOT "oh lol I'm smoke I can fly" bullshit. And IF she does, then she should leave her fucking corpse on the ground.

I'm so sad for Sylvanas really. She turned into a "ur ur Death is all" "ur ur nothing lasts" "you will all serve me ur ur"... she's just a cliché villain punchlines vendor machine now. What a waste.

To Blizzard, what a huge pill of shit. Morally grey ? Fuck you. It was "the Sylvanas Horde is evil" 100% of the time. Mist of Pandaria was way more subtile. Even if you pull the shitty Kerrigan 2.0 "Lol Sylvanas' plan was to bring togethere Alliance and Horde, what a genius she is" BUUUUUULSHIIIIIT, Alliance and Horde were ALREADY nearly at peace after fucking saving the UNIVERSE from SARGERAS ! She started the war for NOTHING, she's again just a plot device for the writers to create an other xpac.

This xpac is trully MOP 0.5.

The raids were okay tho. So gratz I guess.

They are forced to unite the factions... There is no progression on the alliance side. They f*cked up in BC and everyone told them: " be warned the factions are getting out of balance" They ignored it for a decade! Now they have to do this because there are almost 0 good players in the alliance...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    They had to do 1v1 because otherwise its just SoO all over again
    So true. There is just so much Garosh 2.0 copy. You can see how incompetents are the leaders of the dev team.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    They are forced to unite the factions... There is no progression on the alliance side. They f*cked up in BC and everyone told them: " be warned the factions are getting out of balance" They ignored it for a decade! Now they have to do this because there are almost 0 good players in the alliance...

- - - Updated - - -

So true. There is just so much Garosh 2.0 copy. You can see how incompetents are the leaders of the dev team.
    Amen I have to say right on point.....