10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yep, that's an all-caps tweet, right there.

Also, that's Trump saying an attack on him is an attack on the Republican Party. I wonder how many of them agree with that?
    The republican party is now the party of Trump. If you're not a Trumpeter, you need to find a new party.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Barr became AG at what, almost the beginning of the year? So within whatever time he went from I guess wanting to be our top law enforcement officer to now quite possible being a co-conspirator in betraying our nation. GG
    He auditioned for the job by saying Trump was above the law anyone who thought he wouldn't be a stooge was a moron.

DNI Maguire is a chicken shit.

For any Trumpking saying "see, see, nothing here". Maguire is dodging questions, not saying Trump didn't do shit.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that's an all-caps tweet, right there.

Also, that's Trump saying an attack on him is an attack on the Republican Party. I wonder how many of them agree with that?
    This has always been his tact. This is his both sides coming to fruition. As long as he frames it as an attack on conservatives/republicans, it lets him skirt responsibility, while saying he didn’t do anything... just like all the republicans this is attacking. As long as his supporters don’t understand that he is tossing them under the bus, nothing will change.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

God, Nunes is such a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    God, Nunes is such a hack.
    What is amazing is again Maguire dodges everything Shiff asks him then Nunes gets his chance and basically attacks Maguire. Why do people defend this Trump cult?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If there is no word-for-word transcript, then there will certainly be a full audio of the call.
    Curious, didn't I read several posted articles here that a word for word transcript is unlikely anyways? I mean, yeah, what we got yesterday was a comical shit show, but I'm kinda confused as to how people are thinking there will be a transcript regardless.

"Who made the decision to ignore the subpoena?"
    "No one did."

Hold him in contempt of congress for lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Curious, didn't I read several posted articles here that a word for word transcript is unlikely anyways? I mean, yeah, what we got yesterday was a comical shit show, but I'm kinda confused as to how people are thinking there will be a transcript regardless.
    Everything is recorded that goes on in the Oval Office, or spoken through our equipment. There is audio, or at least there was audio. So, a word-for-word transcript should be easy enough to obtain.

Everything is recorded that goes on in the Oval Office, or spoken through our equipment. There is audio, or at least there was audio. So, a word-for-word transcript should be easy enough to obtain.
    Also because it's in the whistleblower's report. Unable to get rid of the transcript Trump tried to bury it under heavy classification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Curious, didn't I read several posted articles here that a word for word transcript is unlikely anyways?
    You did, but, the rules changed about an hour ago. Now we know there's a saved backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Also because it's in the whistleblower's report. Unable to get rid of the transcript Trump tried to bury it under heavy classification.
    There should be no logical reason why it was placed on an SCI network, it just doesn't make any sense. The only legitimate justification would be if they were discussing information regarding national security in a part of the call that was not released in the transcript, or they were trying to protect a source regarding that call. The transcript only covers 2-3 minutes worth of a 30-minute phone call.

So, either there is more to the phone call that Trump doesn't want to share, or they are limiting access for no good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be no logical reason why it was placed on an SCI network, it just doesn't make any sense. The only legitimate justification would be if they were discussing information regarding national security in a part of the call that was not released in the transcript, or they were trying to protect a source regarding that call. The transcript only covers 2-3 minutes worth of a 30-minute phone call.
    The whistleblower said there were multiple objections. This is probably why Trump didn't just flat-out destroy the evidence on the spot. Even within what's left of his acting White House, there were still people ready to say "No, you can't do that" for whatever reasons they felt (honor, respect for law, they didn't want to be dragged into this shit).

We can safely assume Barr is not a witness. Nobody in a phone call says "I'll have you talk to Barr" when Barr is physically standing in the room. You hand over the phone, or at least reference the fact he's there. Barr might possibly be telling the truth that Trump never told him about the phone call and never started an investigation -- possibly, because Trump was doing it for his own personal benefit, hence Giuliani. And it's not like "Trump lies" is hard to work into a conversation.

But he did still find out about the call. And blocked any investigation into it, despite these really serious accusations. I think there's a term for this, "co-conspirator after the fact" or something. @cubby help?

The whistleblower said there were multiple objections. This is probably why Trump didn't just flat-out destroy the evidence on the spot. Even within what's left of his acting White House, there were still people ready to say "No, you can't do that" for whatever reasons they felt (honor, respect for law, they didn't want to be dragged into this shit).

We can safely assume Barr is not a witness. Nobody in a phone call says "I'll have you talk to Barr" when Barr is physically standing in the room. You hand over the phone, or at least reference the fact he's there. Barr might possibly be telling the truth that Trump never told him about the phone call and never started an investigation -- possibly, because Trump was doing it for his own personal benefit, hence Giuliani. And it's not like "Trump lies" is hard to work into a conversation.

But he did still find out about the call. And blocked any investigation into it, despite these really serious accusations. I think there's a term for this, "co-conspirator after the fact" or something. @cubby help?
    One thing the whistleblower did, was name a lot of names. That demonstrated a wide and intimate knowledge of what transpired. This is someone who had access to a lot more information than just a phone call transcript. This is someone who had the means to put a puzzle together. That doesn't mean it's a high-ranking person, it could easily be an intelligence analyst, or something to that degree.

Most things that go to an IG are not pushed further up the chain. Even when the IG does act, it's often going "down" towards the command structure that is involved. Mind you, the latter isn't really possible when the person doing it is at the top, but the fact that it moved forward at all, is very significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most things that go to an IG are not pushed further up the chain. Even when the IG does act, it's often going "down" towards the command structure that is involved. Mind you, the latter isn't really possible when the person doing it is at the top, but the fact that it moved forward at all, is very significant.
    Oversight and accountability of elected officials remains important. The "most transparent administration ever" just published their version of the whistleblower's complaint (again, it'd be foolish to make a fake one just before the whistleblower testifies) which flat-out said they're hiding evidence of crimes. The ICIG was banging on Congress's door at 3AM because of how bad this was.

This demands follow through.

Oversight and accountability of elected officials remains important. The "most transparent administration ever" just published their version of the whistleblower's complaint (again, it'd be foolish to make a fake one just before the whistleblower testifies) which flat-out said they're hiding evidence of crimes. The ICIG was banging on Congress's door at 3AM because of how bad this was.

This demands follow through.
    The fact that the acting DNI didn't take this more seriously is a big problem. I'm not saying he had malicious intent, but at the very least, he was not doing his fucking job. Now, Snowden (who is a scumbag) also tried to first go up the chain. He didn't go through the IG, but through his chain of command. Things were ignored and waved away. We saw the same thing done by people who are conspirators in this all. barr being involved with determining it wasn't worth dealing with is about the biggest conflict of interest imaginable.

It reminds me of when Benazir Bhutto was assassinated, and Musharraf trying to be the one to say what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I know what I am talking about, not sure if you do, this is why you went into a personal attack instead of trying to prove me wrong.
    Bullshit. I clearly explained my point, and you misrepresented it. Which is your and every other Trump supporter's MO. It is why you're widely known as a bad faith poster.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Bullshit. I clearly explained my point, and you misrepresented it. Which is your and every other Trump supporter's MO. It is why you're widely known as a bad faith poster.
    Again with the personal attacks, I took your post and explained to you why I didn't agree and this is your rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Again with the personal attacks, I took your post and explained to you why I didn't agree and this is your rebuttal.
    The fuck you did.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The fuck you did.
    I'm sorry you can't accept that fired up voters are more willing to go out and vote instead of staying at home.