Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Like peace and common ground?
    If you think about it, World Peace would probably the closest to what's being asked for by Phryx.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    There's no need for a third faction, WoW is a binary game.

Realistically, we need to expect two factions. But, the Horde and the Alliance doesn't have any sense as separate factions in the near future.

So, let's adapt the segregation into the new form of rivalry that Blizz has been seeding through BfA: Life vs Death.

Sylvanas is allied with powerful beings that represents potential playable races: Helya and Azshara. The long awaited Kvaldir and the Nagas. Or the K'thir of BfA, if they can't solve the issue of #nolegs.

Plus, the Undead versions of the playable races, and you have a realistic and easy to implement new faction.

Life vs Death. The Unification vs the Death Empire. Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    It won't make any sense in pve or lorewise.

If factions are removed, we will see horde humans attacking stormgarde in warfront, or horde night elves doing quests to burn Teldrassil, or alliance orcs attacking Frostwolf clan in AV.

Blizzard will only do this if it doesn't care about lore at all anymore. Then it is pretty much the death of wow at the same time.
    You're kidding, right? People have been fed up with this assbackwards Faction War crap for a LONG time. I, especially, was extremely annoyed that Blizzard had to pull a stupid plot device out of their ass to incite a Faction War for BFA after the progress we'd made during Legion.

Beyond that no matter the place, no matter the time.. You WILL have Traitors. Why that isn't shown more is beyond me.

In the end: How much more death can Azeroth actually take? You already heard during the cinematics that both Horde AND Alliance armies have dwindled extremely badly. Do we just keep up the same idiotic cycle until no race is left standing? Until EVERY race just disappears?
    Last edited by Katsutomai; 2019-09-26 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Create a third faction for Sylvanas' followers, then delete that faction, all characters in it, and all associated accounts.
    How. edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    How. edgy
    Edgy problems require edgy solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Plot twist 4 factions, Horde, Alliance, Sylvanas gang and Tyrande's gang.
    Horde, Alliance, Undead and Night Elves?

Where have I heard that before...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    My brother noted the other day how they've split everything up into the Warcraft races. You've got the Alliance (Humans), the Horde (Orcs), the Forsaken (Undead), and the Night Elves.
    Exactly. Give me WarCraft IV !

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Horde, Alliance, Undead and Night Elves?

Where have I heard that before...

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Give me WarCraft IV !
    This is more or less what I would like to see. I’m even a little bit suspecting it if they implement cross-faction play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No 3rd faction. Just make all races neutral at the start and let us decide which faction we want to belong to - like Pandaren.
    gonna be super awkward to play as a human and go through hilsbrad literally "farming" humans or as worgen playing through silverpine throwing plague barrels at worgen :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    gonna be super awkward to play as a human and go through hilsbrad literally "farming" humans or as worgen playing through silverpine throwing plague barrels at worgen :S
    Would it be? Traitors aren't exactly an uncommon thing.

Hell just look at the first Civil War. Humans against humans. Hell look at ALL wars. It's been humans against humans for as long as recorded history has been a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No 3rd faction. Just make all races neutral at the start and let us decide which faction we want to belong to - like Pandaren.
    Ugh no.

No gnomes on the Horde.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Ugh no.

No gnomes on the Horde.
    They'd be closer so you could punt them easier, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    They're never going to make all players part of the same faction, effectively removing pvp from the game lol
    They are probably however going to have all important story characters in a loosely based "faction" like Cenarion Circle, ie parts of both horde and alliance are part.
    Here comes a period where the Horde/Alliance are presented as allies, focusing on greater evils, while pvp and player faction divide is still always going to remain.
    Then again, the game has lost so much of its soul, maybe its not that far-fetched.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    They're never going to make all players part of the same faction, effectively removing pvp from the game lol
    They are probably however going to have all important story characters in a loosely based "faction" like Cenarion Circle, ie parts of both horde and alliance are part.
    Here comes a period where the Horde/Alliance are presented as allies, focusing on greater evils, while pvp and player faction divide is still always going to remain.
    Then again, the game has lost so much of its soul, maybe its not that far-fetched.
    Why? Red vs Blue pvp is fine.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It's ridiculous how those that have been loyal to Sylvanas have to sit and follow Anduin--I mean Thrall as the new warchief.

Create a 3rd faction for Sylvanas loyalists. The Horde is just full of traitors now.

edit: make that 4 factions!
    Exactly, I played Horde since day one to be part of the evil monster faction not some sissy soy boys that aren't about slaughter of the innocent. I will Follow Sylvannas to the end and would love for the Undead that are loyal to Sylvanas to become their own faction or even if she somehow figured out how to create new Forsaken of all races so you could play undead Tauren or Gnome if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    16 if you count all the Sylvie body-pillows.
    I laughed. lol
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Would it? Arena already doesn't really give a shit. All they'd need to do is either distribute sides for BGs randomly or let you choose which side you want to fight for.

Would probably even help shorten queues by balancing the pool better.

No they shouldn't. It'll fuck up the already BS story progression. 1 faction (functionally) is the only shot at improving it atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Would it? Arena already doesn't really give a shit. All they'd need to do is either distribute sides for BGs randomly or let you choose which side you want to fight for.

Would probably even help shorten queues by balancing the pool better.
    Just have it as wargames and use factions as they already are, nothing needs to change there tbh. Except arenas, that can easily be crossfaction just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    My brother noted the other day how they've split everything up into the Warcraft races. You've got the Alliance (Humans), the Horde (Orcs), the Forsaken (Undead), and the Night Elves.
    This would only fit if the undead had followed Sylvanas instead of sticking with the horde. And while there's tension between Anduin and Tyrande it's a far cry from the night elves breaking off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No they shouldn't. It'll fuck up the already BS story progression. 1 faction (functionally) is the only shot at improving it atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Just have it as wargames and use factions as they already are, nothing needs to change there tbh. Except arenas, that can easily be crossfaction just fine.
    I disagree. I still like the idea of either a 3rd faction, a race shuffle of the current factions, or splinters of each faction(not enemies but not necessarily friends either, like WC2 and split up lands accordingly). Honestly if I was a Worgen or Night Elf I would be done with the Alliance. They haven't lifted a finger to help either of us but they'll march on Orgrimmar to, once again, bail the weak willed horde "victims" out of a situation that, once again, they put themselves in. Anduin told Tyrande he doesn't have enough troops to send to Darkshore, but then he tells Saurfang he only has enough troops for one final assault.

Honestly if I have to share SW or any other cities with orcs or undead I'll be done with retail. I pretty much am at this point anyways as Classic has my attention, but that would be the final slap in the face to me.

I still think all of the Elves should be in one faction, at this point what have the other races done for any of the elves? Give them all northern Lorderon and have the NE Druids heal the scar and the ghostlands.

Gilneans finally take their city back since the undead presence in that area is almost gone.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan