Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can he actually? lore-wise would it make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Why would the population just give up their blood status? Some of them were just more involved in the founding era and that is where the schism began, you have the great houses, but things like peasants do not exist in thalassian society. You are free to provide evidence to the contrary.

Or he could just stay dead.
    What blood? Their rank was only relevant during NE empire. New kingdom means new hierarchy. There are BE commoner NPC. And let's not go 'but not peasants' route. My point stands they are not all nobles since the foundation of Quel'Thalas.

Why, it would be a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    We literally go to war with otherworldly entities every single expansion. That you people believe the war implies it must be between horde and alliance, is not only stupid..it's played out.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally, blizzard seems hellbent on removing any horde leader worth noting.
    Faction pride is a core element of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes, it is.

No, it wouldn't, because you can't just smash a beheaded corpse and a phoenix egg together and combine them into one being... And because of the lack of the aforementioned corpses' brain, that being wouldn't even be Kael'thas as it wouldn't have any of his memories.

Also Al'ar is in my bags, Kael can't have him back, he's mine, I won him fair and square.

Kael was a power hungry psychopath who joined forces with the Burning Legion to bring on the destruction of the entire universe, he should not be leader of anything, he should stay dead.
    Magic. Also memories don't work like that in W universe otherwise all Forsaken would be mindless. If their bodies are rotten to a level of bones and scraps of flesh. Not to mention ghosts too have their memories.

Kael was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I somewhat like the idea of a Blood Elf fusing/merging with A’lar and becoming some sort of Sun King, Phoenix King, Fire Lord Oza... Sun King will do, however Kael’thas... nah mate.

Also I always felt Kael was shady as fuck, from the very moment he was introduced. His arc in TBC felt natural, I’m always taken aback when I’m reminded I’m alone in that.
    Technically Kael's title was 'Sun King'.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I don't know what making Kael'Thas king again would add to Blood Elves that LorThemar being regent lord doesn't.

Both are pragmatic leaders, willing to get their hands dirty when necessary and ally with whomever they think will be the best fit for the elves.

Illidan instead of the Alliance in Kael's case
    And the Alliance instead of the Horde in LorThemar's, although Jaina messed that up

If there's some difference I've overlooked I don't know why the immediate candidate wouldn't be Grand Magister Rommath since he was Kael's biggest fan, and also, well, alive.
    Kael'thas was not only pragmatic but also volatile, or edgy using current internet nomenclature. He would bring much neded fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Can he actually? lore-wise would it make sense?
    Yes. Al'ar is known as Phoenix God. Him sacrificing himself to resurrect his old friend, to become one with him is something within possibility. And if we add Sunwell's power to it then we would arrive at some kind of God Emperor of Elfkind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Faction pride is a core element of the game.
    Because that's somehow gone when your factions go from hating eachother to hating someone else?

Like the EU and the USA aren't at war, and both "factions" have their pride. This is probably the worst reason yet to continue that faction conflict.

Because that's somehow gone when your factions go from hating eachother to hating someone else?

Like the EU and the USA aren't at war, and both "factions" have their pride. This is probably the worst reason yet to continue that faction conflict.
    Yes.

Incomparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Yes.

Incomparable.
    Ah, the time-honored argumentative equivalent of, "no you". Thanks for playing.

Ah, the time-honored argumentative equivalent of, "no you". Thanks for playing.
    Fight between the two factions is simply too iconic. Maybe if they introduce the third one and combined A+H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chuck his body parts into the sunwell and hopefully those energies might do.....something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Chuck his body parts into the sunwell and hopefully those energies might do.....something?
    Now I'm just picturing the Night Warrior ritual, but with Lor'themar throwing in Kael's head. The Light Warrior? DAY MAN!
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-26 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Now I'm just picturing the Night Warrior ritual, but with Lor'themar throwing in Kael's head. The Light Warrior?
    --- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-26 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

The leader should be Alleria.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Guided by the spirit of Al'ar and M'uru's spark a new god shall be born from a broken vessel of a once great king.

[dramatic music]

@ Caerule

I know that Kael'thas had a thing for Jaina and got put in the friendzone. But that was quite a while before WC 3 and TFT happened, where Kael'thas changed and learned quite a bit. The sad thing is, these writers would manage to fuck up Kael'thas even more, if he was to come back.

Aside from that, instead of bringing back dead characters who have a lot of bad baggage, because they were handled badly in the past, it would be far easier to simply develop new characters in WoW.

What hinders an author to for example build up another Blood Mage character who is interesting and wants to become leader eventually of all Blood Elves, but currently leads for example the Sunfury faction among the Blood Elves, including mages and warlocks and such, who use fel or even void as their magic sources? It would be way easier compared to telling a compelling story of Kael'thas returning from the grave.

Like I said, Rommath is basically Kael'Thas.

Also a proud, volatile and arrogant mage.
    But he isn't Kael'thas. I can't see him becoming the leader. Now Sun King becoming Sun God is a much clearer ascension.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    @ Caerule

I know that Kael'thas had a thing for Jaina and got put in the friendzone. But that was quite a while before WC 3 and TFT happened, where Kael'thas changed and learned quite a bit. The sad thing is, these writers would manage to fuck up Kael'thas even more, if he was to come back.

Aside from that, instead of bringing back dead characters who have a lot of bad baggage, because they were handled badly in the past, it would be far easier to simply develop new characters in WoW.

What hinders an author to for example build up another Blood Mage character who is interesting and wants to become leader eventually of all Blood Elves, but currently leads for example the Sunfury faction among the Blood Elves, including mages and warlocks and such, who use fel or even void as their magic sources? It would be way easier compared to telling a compelling story of Kael'thas returning from the grave.
    I think you are selling Kael short. Phoenix like rebirth is probably the most natural of revivals in W universe. Just as elf blades can be reforged and become stronger so can Sunstrider!

How? Kael is literally dead, yet a live carbon copy of him, minus the Jaina obsession, is alive.

Kael's title means nothing. His traits exist in Rommath. If the Blood Elves need a volatile leader, Rommath will be that leader.
    People are more interested in the Sunstrider dynasty and legacy than his characterization (which is considered botched and butchered anyway.) If that doesn't count for anything, why re-introduce Calia Menethil, or introduce Taelia Fordragon with their notable last names if completely new characters could have sufficed? Family names matter in a game about monarchies, hierarchies and kingdoms. No one cares about the Theron name, he hails from a long line of nobodies. The only names that matter in Thalassian elf lore is Sunstrider and Windrunner.

How? Kael is literally dead, yet a live carbon copy of him, minus the Jaina obsession, is alive.

Kael's title means nothing. His traits exist in Rommath. If the Blood Elves need a volatile leader, Rommath will be that leader.
    Death means very little for a phoenix. Rommath is a nobody still even after a decade plus. And while he is similar to Kael'thas he is a lite version of him. Not to mention he is not a Sunstrider.

If he was going to come back, I think it had to be before Legion. Him joining up with Illidan during Legion would've been phenomenal and a great opportunity for some plot, but it's too late now.
    I wouldn't mind if he came back now, but I do think it's too late from Blizzard's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    LOr'themar aka Bob is literally the worst and has no personality outside mirroring with Jaina appearing in Throne of Thunder 2.0. So we better get rid of him.
    But that's perfect for the Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    If he was going to come back, I think it had to be before Legion. Him joining up with Illidan during Legion would've been phenomenal and a great opportunity for some plot, but it's too late now.
    I wouldn't mind if he came back now, but I do think it's too late from Blizzard's perspective.
    He could still come back in a Shadowlands-themed story, it wasn't clear how much demon he was when he died, and I doubt he and Illidan would have been on the same page given what he said about Illidan when his master plan was revealed.

Not sure if Kael should return.
    But i do think the Blood Elves should have a mage as leader.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A phoenix king does not bode well for the rest of the inhabitants on Azeroth. Wouldn't put it past blizz to have something like that on the table tho.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.