Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    yeah just rewatched it. She certainly did put herself in a tricky position, but some good choice of words might still have gotten her out of it
    If she has 100 points into speechcraft maybe.....

I never really bought Sylvanas yelloy ''For the Horde!'' in the trailer in the first place. Seemed out of character for her and I'm glad she made it known.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    yeah great idea, do exactly plot point for plot point as they did before, as every fantasy story setting has done before. You actually must work for Blizzard already
    As if they're exhibiting creative genius currently, amirite?

The Saurfang death cinematic is pretty much proof that Blizzard does NOT play out the stories for expansions years in advance. Because if the story for BfA was planned out 100% and not made up as they went, then I weep for the future of WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    It's like it was totally expected and she's always been a duplicitous bitch with utterly self-serving motives? : D

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, it would be nice to get some of the Alliance leaders dead, given 3 down permanently for the Horde. Vol'jin being a loa or whatever doesn't count, and it was stupid to begin with.
    with people like Christie Golden on the writing team, nothing bad will ever happen to the Alliance like that lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    She was originally written to be a tortured soul, pulled between an undead, uncaring ghoul and still feeling loss at everything that transpired. Its terrible terrible writing to just drop that complexity to turn her into a mustache twirling villain.
    She was, but she has been a ghoul for a long time now, it's not like BFA just suddenly pulled a 180 on her and turned her baddy.

well she meant the real horde, not the pussy Baine/Anduin "horde"

at this point the real horde is just her, Nathanos and the loyalist PCs who saw the Death cutscene

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    with people like Christie Golden on the writing team, nothing bad will ever happen to the Alliance like that lol.
    Can't entirely blame her though. The whole good vs evil entering the factions was the start of this landslide and should never have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's obvious the lore team decided to use the position of Warchief as a vehicle for Sylvanas' character progression and master plan. To be honest, I wish they'd do the same to the position of King of Stormwind. Anduin doesn't even have to die, just have him go missing as Varian did and put in an evil Steward to the Throne. It would make for some interesting story-telling in the Alliance for a change.
    My god, why do I want this so badly. Next expo have Anduin captured by the void. They know he and his connection to the light are a giant threat so they capture him and use him as bait to lure us into their realm. Horde will help us rescue him due to recent peace stuff. During this time some regent lord can come into action and take Anduin's position as he is gone. This guy can be the biggest asshole towards other alliance heroes, aka nelfs/worgen disobbeying orders will be punished. He then starts shouting at hordies and all he wants is just more power. Its the classic wow villain which blizz loves so much but on the alliance side for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    well she meant the real horde, not the pussy Baine/Anduin "horde"

at this point the real horde is just her, Nathanos and the loyalist PCs who saw the Death cutscene
    Sounds more like a ragtag bunch of traitors to me.

I remember thinking it very hollow at the time. Especially when doing the scenario it comes from, where she uses the horde as bait to gas an alliance army.

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    Sounds more like a ragtag bunch of traitors to me.
    well you need to get the wax out of your ears then

dont forget Sylvanas is the true successor of the old horde

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    well you need to get the wax out of your ears then
    I doubt it will change how "Power hungry lunatic and her slaves" sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    My god, why do I want this so badly. Next expo have Anduin captured by the void. They know he and his connection to the light are a giant threat so they capture him and use him as bait to lure us into their realm. Horde will help us rescue him due to recent peace stuff. During this time some regent lord can come into action and take Anduin's position as he is gone. This guy can be the biggest asshole towards other alliance heroes, aka nelfs/worgen disobbeying orders will be punished. He then starts shouting at hordies and all he wants is just more power. Its the classic wow villain which blizz loves so much but on the alliance side for once.
    Sounds pretty good to me. Having Wrathion impersonate Anduin and capture him would be good too. Having Yrel come back, extending an olive branch to The Alliance, wanting her Lightbound to join the Lightforged, while manufacturing Anduin's assassination and her insertion as High-Commander of the Alliance by proxy of eliminating all her superiors until she is in line for such promotion would also be a good way to seed conflict in the Alliance and create some compelling stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Welcome to the world of Warcraft, where Blizzard can change the story how they want and in an instant if they like it. Out of the window is character development, motives and foreshadowing.
    Yeah, I mean, they’ve only spent fifteen years on Sylvy’s heel turn. Out of nowhere!

Harboring no true loyalty for their new allies, they go to any lengths to ensure their dark plans come to fruition. As one of the Forsaken, you must massacre any who pose a threat to the new order, Human, Undead, or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Yeah, I do. For the Horde!
    Don't you mean "For ME!" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Whodathunk a Dark Ranger would have manipulated an entire faction for her own purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's obvious the lore team decided to use the position of Warchief as a vehicle for Sylvanas' character progression and master plan. To be honest, I wish they'd do the same to the position of King of Stormwind. Anduin doesn't even have to die, just have him go missing as Varian did and put in an evil Steward to the Throne. It would make for some interesting story-telling in the Alliance for a change.
    They wouldn’t even need to; the writing team just needs to have the balls to USE Tyrande
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    It's like it was totally expected and she's always been a duplicitous bitch with utterly self-serving motives? : D

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, it would be nice to get some of the Alliance leaders dead, given 3 down permanently for the Horde. Vol'jin being a loa or whatever doesn't count, and it was stupid to begin with.
    Varian has died. And you lose "leaders" because they're genocidal maniacs, the alliance loses cities and lands because of those "leaders".
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    Then turns around and says the Horde is nothing in the recent trailer?

Oof, that's gotta sting.
    Nah, it's just bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I also remember when Voljin said that no one would understand why the Loa spirits told him to chose her as warchief, and he still did it.
    I also remember in Legion when Sylvanas cared for the Horde.

I wonder if she has multiple personality disorder... is that a new trait you can get in undeath?
    My bet is that Blizzard's writers can't remember or don't even care about the lore they wrote 1 expansion ago.
    I think the Voljin stuff still stands. Corruption could be reaching as far as the Loa spirits themselves. There's just so much that we don't know yet, but it will be fascinating to see how all these strands throughout the past couple expansions play out long term.