Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sure, I'd be down. We already got Light necromancy, so anything is possible.

Alternatively, in case that's just a little too silly for people, give Rommath more spotlight.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-09-26 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    If he was going to come back, I think it had to be before Legion. Him joining up with Illidan during Legion would've been phenomenal and a great opportunity for some plot, but it's too late now.
    I wouldn't mind if he came back now, but I do think it's too late from Blizzard's perspective.
    I would only even come close to accepting this mess if it involved retconning absolutely all of The Burning Crusade. At this point, after what he's done, totally unapologetically, it would be as stupid as if Deathwing suddenly burst out of the Maelstrom, reborn through the power of the Dragon Soul, glittering golden and spitting healing magic instead of fire over the whole world, un-breaking it all. Yaaaaaaaaaay!

(0:31 - 0:45)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-26 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I like kael but he's dead. we may see a kael from an alternative timeline someday

If he was going to come back, I think it had to be before Legion. Him joining up with Illidan during Legion would've been phenomenal and a great opportunity for some plot, but it's too late now.
    I wouldn't mind if he came back now, but I do think it's too late from Blizzard's perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I would only even come close to accepting this mess if it involved retconning absolutely all of The Burning Crusade. At this point, after what he's done, totally unapologetically, it would be as stupid as if Deathwing suddenly burst out of the Maelstrom, reborn through the power of the Dragon Soul, glittering golden and spitting healing magic instead of fire over the whole world, un-breaking it all. Yaaaaaaaaaay!

(0:31 - 0:45)
    Only his fel resurrection needs a retcon, or rather explanation. His involvement with Illidan was justified. I don't know about healing magic but I can see Neltharion becoming a dragon made out of earth and fire. More elemental than not, as they were in the past. Not that there is need for it considering Wrathion took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I like kael but he's dead. we may see a kael from an alternative timeline someday
    Dead? Merely a setback.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is better to conquer Death and Void if not the Sun King rising like a phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, Lor'themar Theron sucks.
    But at least LOHR-theh-marawwwr is sexy love his eye

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    No but it means a heck of a lot for the story.
    What you're essentially telling me is you want him back, because you want him back. Not a compelling argument.

Rommath isn't a nobody, he was literally Kael's second in command, and arguably one of the most powerful mages in the game.

Everything you want from Kael exists in Rommath, except for his name and 'phoenix king' title, like that means anything.
    Phoenix rising means a lot more.
    The only argument needed. He is well known and beloved character. Perfect fit for racial theme. They have experienced rebirth after rebirth becoming something else in a result.

He is a nobody. A figure that get even less spotlight than that weakling Lor'Themar.

It doesn't. I have no attachement to Rommath and he never was as violent as Kael'Thas.

No it doesn't if anything it cheapens 'death' of major characters EVEN more, the game is filled to the brim with stupid redemption archs.
    Does it suck that they butchered his character? Sure.
    But that's just the way it is, and adding Kael back into the game adds NOTHING that giving Rommath more development doesn't
    That's just the way it is, that's just how it goes.

If you rank a character's importance to the story, then the fucking TITANS themselves must've been fucking irrelevant nobodies as well until the very end of Legion even though they, you know, made the entire universe. Ridiculous notion.

The only attachment you have to Kael seems to be that his name and title is cool, so I honestly don't really care how attached or not attached you are to a character.

Everything you want exists in someone who isn't Kael

That's just how it is
    It would cheapen the death of anyone else but not someone knwon for the close bond with a phoenix. I want Blood Elves to regain their lost masculine power, not 'redemption arch'. They need twice as bidge edge as they have right now.

Rommath won't be a king, I don't see it. Nor I want any other than Sunstrider dynasty to lead Blood Elves.

They still are nobodies.

His lore, the journey we went together means more to me than titles.

Kael'Thas is simply the best.

I think the poor guy suffered enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    But at least LOHR-theh-marawwwr is sexy love his eye
    Yeah that's not a prerequisite for me. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Today is the day. I have decided in my infinite kindness to share pure wisdom with you. Behold one of the best high fantasy ideas that you have ever witnessed.

Kael'thas and Al'ar should be joined together into one being in the presence of Sunwell. The God King of Sin'dorei, the second coming of savior who would heal mana addiction by his very presence. Holy Phoenix, the truest Sunstrider and the first Azeroth made artificial Naaru like entity.

I present to you The God King Kael'ar Sunstrider!

New chapter in Blood Elves history and much needed expansion for the Blood Knights!
    He is too disgraced by this stage, to become the true ruler of the Sin'dorei.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lor'Themar's name means nothing does it? The man's literally been regent lord ever since Kael's ridiculous excursion to Outland. Him and his rangers kept Silvermoon together while Kael allied with the Burning Legion. If it doesn't carry any weight that's not his problem, that's on you for not recognizing what he's done for his people.

If you had any sense you'd advocate for more development for Lor'Themar rather than ressurecting a dead and buried butchered character just because his name sounds cool.

But no 'mUh PhOeNiX kInG'

Get lost.
    Advocate for a character Blizzard has written as boring? Why? It's just a story, I like the characters that interest me. Illidan got resurrected and he wasn't written as any less insane than Kael'thas in Burning Crusade. Ok, maybe a little, but death is nearly meaningless in these kinds of stories. There are a million ways to bring Kael'thas back. By your logic, Hal Jordan and Barry Allen should have never been resurrected if you're familiar with DC Comics, and Kyle Rayner and Wally West should still be Green Lantern and The Flash respectively. Lor'themar Theron is as boring a character as Hal Jordan, therefore, I have no love loss for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I think the poor guy suffered enough.
    Time to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He is too disgraced by this stage, to become the true ruler of the Sin'dorei.
    But is he really? Just let's say that his past Tempest Keep was a result of a big fel crystal being stuck on his chest and his actions were not his own. Other than that his Outland actions were fully justified, even if radical but that's Kael'Thas for you. I want Blood Elves leader to be the guy who would burn ten human villages to save one elf.

- - - Updated - - -

''It would cheapen the death of anyone EXCEPT my favourite character'' is essentially what you're saying.

Which they can, through Rommath, Lor'Themar or shit, even Halduron.

Only reason you can't see it is because you're a blind fanboy

Not in the lore they're not, and neither is Rommath

If he meant so much to you, you'd respect and realize that his jOuRnEy is over.

I agree, and it sucked that Blizzard butchered him, but let him rest.
    Yes, it just so happens it fits both.

They are all compromised and nowhere near as cool as Kael.

Now now, name calling.

They are. I've read all there is and their presence is miniscule. They could as well be glorified trainers.

It is not over.

Phoenix never rests.

Yeah that's not a prerequisite for me. lol
    Well i'm a female, you stay with your hot females, i stay with my males

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Kael'thas is a betrayer and a madman. I know people love to see as leaders people who shouldn't absolutely lead anything but seriously, let him stay dead for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Well i'm a female, you stay with your hot females, i stay with my males
    Sounds good to me!

@Kyphael LOOOL that is one strange SS xD not even going to ask where you got that

@Kyphael LOOOL that is one strange SS xD not even going to ask where you got that
    It's even funnier where I got it from.

Is Queen Azshara Hot?: MMO Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Kael'thas is a betrayer and a madman. I know people love to see as leaders people who shouldn't absolutely lead anything but seriously, let him stay dead for good.
    Betrayer? Who did he betray? King can't betray his people, they are his to rule. Madman? Not really, not even if we consider his Sunwell TBL aligned form. Greater good of the universe means more than one world, not to mention one kingdom.

It's even funnier where I got it from.

Is Queen Azshara Hot?: MMO Champion
    Lol Oh dear!

Lol Oh dear!
    She gives a whole new definition to "tastes like chicken, but smells like tuna."