View Poll Results: Will you renew your Classic subscription?

Voters
614. This poll is closed
  • I subbed for Classic and am renewing.

310 50.49%
  • I subbed for Classic and am not renewing.

55 8.96%
  • Already subbed for retail/not subbed at all recently/results only/other

249 40.55%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still subbed, but i usually always am.

Have I played Classic much? No. I got to level 10 but then September is usually the busiest working month of the year for me so I've not played it since day two of launch. I'll get back into it when i have the time. The good thing about Classic is that it's always there. It's not going away, no expansion is going to come out to make the content obsolete or nullify the endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I started 2 weeks late so still subbed for now.

Enjoying Classic, taking it slow but enjoying it. It's the only game I've played in the last month. People who played hardcore have already ran out of shit to do, but for the average casual tourist the goal is still level 60, never mind endgame.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I was unsubbed for the last 4 months then subbed 1 month to play classic with my friends to relive the old days when we were kids in vanilla. It was fun and all but the rat race just isn't for me anymore. I'm 27 now and just can't be bothered to play more than 1-3 hrs per day and even then thats pushing it due to how far the gap is now between the lvl 60s and me at level 31. I was playing casual and ok with that at first but now I realize I'm not ok with it. Back in 2006 when I played vanilla I got to lvl 60 and had a great time doing UBRS, pugging MC and doing AV etc. Now when I think about it its a great memory but I can't recapture that again at my age. I got too much other things to do and in order for me to push to 60 I'll have to give up something in RL there is just no way around it. In order to level faster I need to give up something I'm already doing in RL ( gym,meal timing, meditation, reading, hanging out with family, talking to hot womens). I'm just not into it anymore or willing to do that. Even though I have at least 6 friends who are super into it and already level 45+.

I'll just watch people on twitch periodically playing while I'm eating or something to stay involved but thats about as far as it will go now and I'm already over playing BFA since I've been unsubbed from that and uninstalled for months.
    Yes, I gave up sleep.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    Current Classic wow is barely adequate to justify a sub. It needs a lot of work.
    How so?

Resubbed, loving it
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2019-09-27 at 01:06 AM.

Gametime ran out mid fight out soloing. Renewed it because i like Classic. Was still alive when i came back.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm subbed until January. First time I have ever done the 6 month thing; probably not the last...

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I feel you. I stopped caring a few days back. The nostalgia is wearing of FAST. Actually spent a few hours in retail today for the first time since classic launched.
    Im probably not going to play more after ive gotten the new worldbreaker mount. Curious about what blizzcon will unleash upon us!

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Watched a friend play Path of Tower Defense and it looks fucking ridicolously bad.
    If im ever going back to PoE it will be for the next league. Not touching tower defense with a remote controlled computer even...
    Same honestly. After binging Classic and going on to Retail it almost felt like a new game? Classic had made me appreciate Retail a lot more, just in terms of how far the game has come and actually how many quality of life things should have been in Classic from the start.

You can NOT even discuss longevity until at least the 3rd month or even 4th month, this is NOT a test in any shape or form. Come back and talk to us November 30th or December 1st at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Same honestly. After binging Classic and going on to Retail it almost felt like a new game? Classic had made me appreciate Retail a lot more, just in terms of how far the game has come and actually how many quality of life things should have been in Classic from the start.
    Dude! I know exactly what you mean. Its the same feeling I got when I tried out new MMOs when I was tired of WoW. All of them just made me appreciate WoW even more.

It doesnt matter what people say. The current WoW is the BEST version of WoW. Thats just facts. They can learn alot from classic tho. Talent trees for example.
    Would love a more similar version that classic uses. Some skills and things like that. But generally classic is just not that good when the nostalgia wears of....

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not really - the real test comes after everyone gets to 60 and finds there is nothing to do. That's a few more months away.

That's when you will be left with the long term core of players.
    Why do people keep repeating this?

"nothing to do"?

There is a lot of content for level 60 (yes, the private server regulars consume it fast) but it will last for months for the average gamer. Every dungeon, collecting tier 0, MC, Onyxia, with battlegrounds\honor system coming soon.

That's like saying people won't play Counter-Strike or League of Legends because there's no more content for it.

I am subbed all the time playing BfA and already done with Classic. Just logging in from time to time to see how many more people in my guild have left it. Barely anyone is still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    A month isn't really enough to guage Classic's longevity, there are still plenty of people that aren't even 60 yet. 2-3 Months is the kind of timeframe you need to look at to get a proper idea of the retention.
    I think this is a fair assessment.

I did not renew.

I let my sub lapse after 8.2 came out because Mechagon, Nazjatar and the essence system are all horrible. They killed all of my enthusiasm. In my lapse, I actually found a completely new hobby. Then Classic is released so I resubbed. But I had a lot of trouble pulling myself away from my new hobby to return back to WoW. So I let my sub lapse again this week. Maybe I'll come back for the 15th anniversary. Might be a new phase of life for me.

So my time with WoW might be over, but it was 8.2 that killed it, not WoW Classic.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    No you wouldn't. You're the type of person that will bitch and moan on the forums if they raise a sub by 5 bucks. Current Classic wow is barely adequate to justify a sub. It needs a lot of work.
    A lot of work? It is what it is, nothing more.

I swear 3-4 days ago there was a huge drop off on my server. Alliance side actually just feels dead now. There are groups that spend 30-45 mins looking for a dps.

I just got 6 months. Seemed simpler.

But I'm still loving it, at any rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Most NA servers are still high/full at prime-time. Only a FEW are medium. I think the best has yet to come for classic (for me anyway). I haven't even started playing yet, and I'm one of the biggest classic WoW fans in existence. Let's just say I waited for a couple of reasons. I was busy with another MMO at the time, and I think I'll get a better bang for my buck in a later phase. Not to mention, everyone knows at launch the game was going to be overloaded with lots of queues and server issues, so I was hoping for some of that hype to die down before I started playing (unfortunately, doesn't look like it has lost any steam yet with most servers still being high/full).

I'm a big fan of some of the content that drops in later phases, such as Dire Maul, BGs, Darkmoon Faire, ZG etc. None of these are in the game yet. I also played a lot on servers-that-must-not-be-named and this has provided me with my vanilla fix quite well over the years, so I may not be dying to play vanilla if I just played a few months back. I'm not planning to achieve what I did back in the day, but I would like to at least do a few of the casual content at level 60. I'll probably get roflstomped if I meet people with rank 14 or tier 2 and higher gear, but that's fine. I was on the other end of the spectrum back in the day. At the end of the day, I hope the MMO genre has new experiences to give me, not old ones, to keep me happy, and classic is an old experience.

Classic had already been a tremendous financial success, considering the small resource it took to bring it up: a very small dev team which didn't have to develop or come up with any design, just update code which while time consuming can't be compared to creating new stuff. And then marketing mainly on Blizzard's own platforms, the gaming medias did the rest for free (supposedly)/ WoW is already an established brand with an established playerbase. Everything from here on is a bonus on top. I see it as an injection of players into retail, which may not be that big in BfA, but I'm quite certain will have larger impact on the next expansion.

I'm not a Classic subber myself.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    funnily enough I saw a whole lot of my b.net list that were playing classic return to retail this week. I assume it is because of the new patch.