Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I mean, to be honest I don't really care. Anyone gullible enough to base their opinion of the game on one streamer and not, say, giving something a shot and forming their own opinion on it, probably isn't the caliber of person I'd want to play with on a regular basis.
    You'd think that right? I mean..you try/play/then either sub or don't sub to a game based on the enjoyment that you get out of it. Lemmings abound!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Damn if there was ever a super villian that needed to feed on negative energy to get stronger, this single thread would overpower him and blow him up with the amount of hate here
    By your hatred combined?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Most popular entertainment tends to be of the overall lowish quality because it appeals to the lowest common denominator.
    Asmongold is not awful but he is far from quality entertainment... to each his own i guess.

I dont know what is this "face of classic" concept... i use twitch regularly and i have never seen asmongolds face there.
    But i guess if you ask twitch to recommend a channel to you for a certain game it will show you the most popular channels which tend to be kinda mediocre.

WowHobbs is the face of Classic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    So he's a used car salesman in a lot trying to rip you off?
    No, he's an entertainer who actually understands a lot more than most people realize.

He's not trying to sell you anything, or trick you. In a lot of ways he's very direct and blunt about most things.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    not even 1% of the playerbase of Classic even knows who he is, like why do you think he's some kind of gaming god?
    To be a god you just have to make people believe you are. Seen some of his videos and I am under the impression they're trying their attempt to get those 5-15s of fame for the rush of endorphins.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, he's an entertainer who actually understands a lot more than most people realize.

He's not trying to sell you anything, or trick you. In a lot of ways he's very direct and blunt about most things.
    Either that or most people aren't gullible enough to buy it. People spend more time talking about how you just "don't get him" and his acting, but it isn't the people they're trying to convince that don't get it at all
    Last edited by La; 2019-09-27 at 03:56 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Why do people care so much about streamers? I never understand
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Either that or most people aren't gullible enough to buy it. People spend more time talking about how you just "don't get him" and his acting, but it isn't the people they're trying to convince that don't get it at all
    I totally understand why people don't like him or his act. Especially when he's telling stories of how he used to scam and rip people off.

However, that doesn't mean he can't also have a lot of insight into twitch streaming and WoW/Blizzard, or that he can't recognize the worst parts of being online and speak against it.

People can be very complex and have multiple facets. Even Asmongold.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Who cares? Towelliee was the face of retail WoW for the better part of a decade.
    Nah dude. That would be Swifty with his razor nagas and warrior one shot macros!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    1 - Start your own Twitch stream.

2 - Grow your community and surpass Asmongold.

3 - ???
    I would have to decrease my intellectual level by 50 IQ points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I don't know what I should think about it, is it good for us that Asmongold is our face on twitch?

Is he carrying us?
    No, he's carrying a lot fo twitch viewers but I would not see him as the face of Classic, not by a long shot.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

He is absolutely trying to get people to give him money at all times. Whether it be from manipulating people in game to give him items and gold so they get "screen time" or making up bull shit sob stories for subs and donations. Asmongold is fucking trash and his cult is a bunch of trolls and assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    He is absolutely trying to get people to give him money at all times. Whether it be from manipulating people in game to give him items and gold so they get "screen time" or making up bull shit sob stories for subs and donations. Asmongold is fucking trash and his cult is a bunch of trolls and assholes.
    this guy is just dickish. there are countless streams where he just asks people for money or asks them to donate and the worst part is people shoving money at him. he simply understood how credulous and stupid people nowadays are and takes advantage of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who?

Oh, that guy on that other server who has less mounts than I do. Gotcha.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

[QUOTE=Nightstalker;51641478]In what way does he take care for her? He streams 10h+ a day, only leaving his room for toilet breaks. He went to Blizzcon for several days. It's hard for me to believe that he has to take care for her. Probably just a social co-dependency.

I don't know and don't know him personally or watch his stream but I guess he pays for rent/mortgage so instead paying for two houses he stays in his old home.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Why do people care so much about streamers? I never understand
    because they're lonely and watching some guy hang out makes them feel like they have friends

people love to watch drama and people doing stupid shit. they snort it like cocaine.
    asmon is popular for the same reason the kardashians are popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Imagine pressing buttons in your free time.. Fucking sad.
    Yeah, I don't think that rebuttal has the power and sting you were hoping for.

By all means, go back to watching other morons pushing buttons instead. Because, you know, playing a video game like WoW is super hard and requires years if not decades of physical training and natural talent. True story, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I've only been watching on and off for a little under a year. Have yet to see any sob stories from him.

As for "being trash", I suppose it depends on what you mean. He definitely lives in trashy conditions, and sitting around all day drinking soda is pretty bad for your health.

But I'm mostly talking about what he says when not being in the "trashy" Asmongold persona. Do you get angry at a singer when they play music you don't prefer? Or when an actor makes a movie you don't like?

Asmongold is an entertainer that has a particular brand of performance. It's perfectly ok to not like or approve of that performance. But that doesn't make the person behind it "trash".

But yeah...his followers do have a lot of idiots. But it's the internet and WoW. So that's not saying much out of the ordinary, now is it?

I think Asmongold is great and I think he loves WoW very very much, probably much more than anyone at Blizzard. I'm not watching twitch at all, just occasionally I listen to youtube videos. It's extremely hilarious that the "face of classic" is a dude who doesn't suck Blizzard dick, and that Blizzard actually blacklisted him and told him to GTFO. Who's laughing now?

Also, comparing Asmongold with Kardashians is beyond full retarded.