Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Man the injury rate on Thursday games has to be higher, then again constant Philly tackle attempts leading with their helmets sure is leading to a lot of this...
    It is significantly higher, many players have have talked about the missing 3 days of rest and recovery leads to many more injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    It is significantly higher, many players have have talked about the missing 3 days of rest and recovery leads to many more injuries.
    I do kind of wish Thurs night games go away, moreso if they do go to 17 games a year. But I think we all know money is king and thus Thurs night games are going nowhere. I think they also need to take more time on proper tackling so people really stop leading with their helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Man the injury rate on Thursday games has to be higher, then again constant Philly tackle attempts leading with their helmets sure is leading to a lot of this...
    I think the injury rates are higher on Thursday, but I'm not sure either of these have anything to do with that.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Wow, sorta lame turnover to end the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's a crushing turnover.

So why wasn't that reviewed for (the lack of) pass interference and potentially overturned? Shouldn't the refs have looked at it if it's in the rules?

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird turnover. I didn't get a good look but it seemed like the ball bounced off his chest because the defender had his arms pinned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So why wasn't that reviewed for (the lack of) pass interference and potentially overturned? Shouldn't the refs have looked at it if it's in the rules?
    Any score or turnover gets reviewed in the last 2 min of the 2nd and 4th quarter. So this was reviewed, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Any score or turnover gets reviewed in the last 2 min of the 2nd and 4th quarter. So this was reviewed, 100%.
    And they didn't take a longer look for pass interference? It was almost instantly confirmed....but it looked like to me it was a) beyond one yard, and b) happened before the pass and significantly impeded the WR.

And they didn't take a longer look for pass interference? It was almost instantly confirmed....but it looked like to me it was a) beyond one yard, and b) happened before the pass and significantly impeded the WR.
    I was confused why they didn't stop to take a better look at it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 yards. You can jam a receiver within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and they were on like the 4 yard line. It's legal to jam him as long as you stay in front of him.

OFFENSE can set a legal pick play within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage. I think that's what you are confused with.

They didn't jam him, they had their arms around him. You can't interfere, regardless of where you are on the field. Jamming a guy is being physical, not pinning his arms at his side.

They didn't jam him, they had their arms around him. You can't interfere, regardless of where you are on the field. Jamming a guy is being physical, not pinning his arms at his side.
    It wasn't as egregious as some people are making it out to be. I've seen the replay a few times at this point and it was definitely a little early on the wrap up, but pretty close to bang-bang with respect to when the ball got there. I suppose it could go either way, but officials pretty much always keep the flag in their pocket on short slants (<5 yards) unless it's completely egregious. You run those plays at your own risk.

The real problem was that LaFleur channeled his inner Pete Carroll. I know they had trouble running the ball all night, but that's just a dangerous play call.

Sort of related--at least the refs didn't blow the Wentz fumble and return for a TD dead. It was overturned of course, but at least the officials are learning (sort of). All it took was for the Saints to be sacrificial lambs again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I'm not arguing that it was the right call, I haven't even looked at the play again. Just saying that the refs and replay officials must have thought this way, that it was just a legal jam within 5 yards.

When it happened it looked like he got jammed, was late to the ball and it got tipped to a defender behind the play. I'm sure there will be a million different angles that show exactly what happened. If there was foul play I'm sure the controversy will rage for a few days, till it's time for Sunday football.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Sort of related--at least the refs didn't blow the Wentz fumble and return for a TD dead. It was overturned of course, but at least the officials are learning (sort of). All it took was for the Saints to be sacrificial lambs again.
    Yup at least one thing has come out of some painful things the Saints have been on the end of, rules changes or adjustments happen. Too bad it is a bit late.

Zimmer figures out the Packers defense in week 2. Only reason the Vikings and Broncos lost is because of turnovers. Eagles continued that script (running the ball), didn’t have turnovers, and won.

What if G Bay run the ball... they have like few chances left

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Packers still can't stop RBs, but the offense continues to progress and that's good. Would have liked to see this win since I believe next week we get the Cowboys...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don’t worry. They’ll stop Dallas. They’re only ranked *checks stats* third in rushing yards per game.
    I don't wanna get my hopes up, but that sounds like a recipe for a slaughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested to see how Cowboys/Saints plays out, the Saints finally had some success stopping the run, the defense usually starts slow and improves as the season goes along but this will be a real test. The Saints own run game is going to have to do better, they didn't have much luck putting the game away last week and let Seattle pick up a bunch of garbage time yards and points, and they'll need to be better for actual competitive games.
    /s