View Poll Results: Will you renew your Classic subscription?

Voters
614. This poll is closed
  • I subbed for Classic and am renewing.

310 50.49%
  • I subbed for Classic and am not renewing.

55 8.96%
  • Already subbed for retail/not subbed at all recently/results only/other

249 40.55%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    No you wouldn't. You're the type of person that will bitch and moan on the forums if they raise a sub by 5 bucks. Current Classic wow is barely adequate to justify a sub. It needs a lot of work.
    and bfa is flawless and needs nothing?

I'm raid logging already, got dungeon bis, 1 piece of might, the belt. my ironfoe has crusader, i don't think i need anything from diremaul, nothing from there is on the tank bis list, ppl are gunna want full runs i'm gunna want to farm that tree boss over and over again for foror's.

since sundays molten core raid. i've been playing bfa. if there is a choice between idling in classic or doing things in bfa, ill choose the latter. ill probably help my bro boost his alt through some dungeons but for the most part i can't bring myself to tank dungeons i don't need.

the stark realisation is that i'd rather grind gold in bfa and turn that gold into wow tokens than grind gold in classic and turn it into? hopes and dreams? I think if there was no retail i'd probably not sub to a game i play maybe once or twice a week. perhaps it'll be worth it come phase 4 or 5. until then, zzZZZzz. there aren't many tanks afaik, not many ppl seem to actually want to tank, I get bombarded with 'hey mate do you want to come tank X dungeon' as soon as i log in. its painful telling everyone, no.

we did an mc trash farm with maybe 2-3 healers, wiping on trash in molten core is more painful than wiping in the LFR, thats a fact.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-27 at 07:26 AM.

Having a blast with classic! I bought a 6 months subscription at the release of classic

Canceled my sub a few days ago. Not resubbing in the foreseeable future.

Too repetitive and grindy, I've been through this 15 years ago. Using/wasting so much time to grind levels, mats, gold.. and for what, to impress internet neckbeards? It simply isn't fun anymore. And no, I don't play retail at all.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I subbed for classic (Haven't played retail in a year). I really enjoy classic! but I did find out that my real life has a lot in 15 years. Marriage and kids result in hardly any time to play. So my sub won't be renewed. If I still had the same time I had 15 years ago, I would definately choose classic over retail. But as that is not the case... goodbye WoW!

Not played retail in 2 and a half years, stopped during the first raid of Legion.

Bought a month to play Classic and now subbed for the long haul, just wish I had a lot more time to actually play it! Level 54 Priest... hope to hit 60 in the next few weeks.

I have a week left on my sub since I started a bit late, I will be resubbing (with gold). Haven't decided if I would actually pay a subscription yet since the notion of giving money to Activision repulses me.

I would say Classic is definitely a success and people are delusional if they think it has failed in any way. It is currently a bigger game than BFA in terms of popularity, is responsible for tripling sub numbers, and clearly Blizzard were not expecting the player numbers. I would hope that the unexpected success has humbled the BFA devs.

Saying that, vanilla was a deeply flawed version of the game, as others have commented I hope they eventually move to TBC which kept much of the community aspect of vanilla but made vast improvements to raiding and pvp.

It needs a lot of work.
    #Nochanges please.. just let classic be classic

I already was subbed, so nothing new for me. Classic just has stuff that is interesting me right now whilst Retail hasn't since... well, before BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    #Nochanges please.. just let classic be classic
    That ship has already sailed since the beloved private servers were shown to have, wait for it, changes to make content harder due to a better playerbase and just not knowing the actual values of things. So really #NoChanges ended up meaning "changes that we don't want" rather than actually no changes at all and as a result a lot of things that should have been addressed (with appropriate ramp-up in difficulty) weren't and now you see people crying how easy it is and trying to pitch this nonsense that Blizzard 'stealth nerfed' things.

Still subbed, don't have retail installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    That ship has already sailed since the beloved private servers were shown to have, wait for it, changes to make content harder due to a better playerbase and just not knowing the actual values of things. So really #NoChanges ended up meaning "changes that we don't want" rather than actually no changes at all and as a result a lot of things that should have been addressed (with appropriate ramp-up in difficulty) weren't and now you see people crying how easy it is and trying to pitch this nonsense that Blizzard 'stealth nerfed' things.
    Be real, by "no changes" people mean none of the retail bs that most everyone who at one time enjoyed wow, now loathe. Just because private servers had fucked up numbers doesnt mean people want to see transmog, or pet battles, or heirlooms, or micro-transactions in classic. Not everyone who wanted to see classic in its closest "vanilla" state, played on private servers...

My prediction:

Ppl will hear about a big drop in revenue from subs and stupid as they are they will take this to mean that interest in classic is dropping even when the opposite might just as likely be true.
    Because to use logic and realize that a portion of the playerbase doesnt pay sub on a monthly basis but instead pays 3 or 6month a time is too hard.

Case in point.. all the threads about last month revenue increase...
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-09-27 at 11:19 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Be real, by "no changes" people mean none of the retail bs that most everyone who at one time enjoyed wow, now loathe. Just because private servers had fucked up numbers doesnt mean people want to see transmog, or pet battles, or heirlooms, or micro-transactions in classic. Not everyone who wanted to see classic in its closest "vanilla" state, played on private servers...
    Most of them also didn't want to have actual class balances to you know, not push some classes into roles. Or any of the good things that they could have done to make a WoW: Reloaded. Most of the no changers were just shouting down and dogpiling anyone who even remotely suggested that some things would be good to have.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why do people keep repeating this?

"nothing to do"?

There is a lot of content for level 60 (yes, the private server regulars consume it fast) but it will last for months for the average gamer. Every dungeon, collecting tier 0, MC, Onyxia, with battlegrounds\honor system coming soon.
    Not to mention skylarking on RP/RP-PVP realms, where people make their own fun/battles.

I think there is a point nestled in his statement, which is that no game, not even Classic, will retain the 24/7 crowd. But since they're a tiny fraction of the population and have sped past everything and everyone on the path to 60, I can't see how they'll leave much of a void.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I didnt just stop playing classic, i turned off my account. Disabled bnet from launching on restart.

POE and FFXIV are just way more fun across the board
    and yet here you are

10+ Year Old Account
    No you wouldn't. You're the type of person that will bitch and moan on the forums if they raise a sub by 5 bucks. Current Classic wow is barely adequate to justify a sub. It needs a lot of work.
    It's more than adequate, much more adequate than retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Samjaza View Post
    Canceled my sub a few days ago. Not resubbing in the foreseeable future.

Too repetitive and grindy, I've been through this 15 years ago. Using/wasting so much time to grind levels, mats, gold.. and for what, to impress internet neckbeards? It simply isn't fun anymore. And no, I don't play retail at all.
    I feel ya brotha, 27 yr old here. Time to say goodbye to the rat race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    That ship has already sailed since the beloved private servers were shown to have, wait for it, changes to make content harder due to a better playerbase and just not knowing the actual values of things.
    I imagine it's more that Blizzard in some way has learned that the tiny number of players who want extreme difficulty will quickly defeat content no matter how hard it's cranked, excluding the rest of the player base without immersion-breaking setting controls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Nopes. Not really. Compare all the mechanics old and new and you will come to a conclusion that BfA is better mechanically and design-wise from a functionality and bug-oriented standpoint.

Talking about subjective things is another thing totally and nothing I was including about my statement about facts.
    Yes, really. A lot of people prefer the old WoW and everything that comes with it, not everybody prefers the complete abomination and garbage retail has turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    and yet here you are
    Yeah how dare he be on the internet!