Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think the ending was perfect and the alternate endings suck ass. Before making another pointless ending, keep in mind that they've already written the story forward and probably the ending will make much more sense with new additions. This is not the end of Lost. That was a motherfucking stupid ending. A real ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I think the ending was perfect and the alternate endings suck ass.
    It's a joke. He's saying that the Forsaken and Sylvanas being villains was obvious even 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    It's a joke. He's saying that the Forsaken and Sylvanas being villains was obvious even 15 years ago.
    I'm not referring to this ending in particular, I've seen a gazillion "alternate endings" everywhere. We don't even know if she's a villain. Maybe she did it on purpose, to deceive someone, that would be something.

We don't even know if she's a villain.
    wat

/10chars

We are in an age of twists and Blizzard is nowhere catching up, the same shit for like 10 years, maybe they plan something more obvious that this Garrosh part 2.

We don't even know if she's a villain.
    Wut

She can't be more evil. Sure they can come with some bullshit writing like the Tree was evil and Saurfang was Dark Lich N'zoth's puppet in 9.0 but as she has approximately no way to know all of that and no reason at all to hide it if that's the case, she's evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What if that was the plan the whole time, draw them into Orgrimmar to blow it up with the plague.
    She didn't need it at that point. She was winning the war Saurfang and Anduin did not have enough troops to take Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Just check their different styles of noses This is World of Nosecraft!

In the high-res cinematic, Anduin's nose is stubby, in the Sylvanas vs. Anduin BfA signature pic it's pointy.

- - - Updated - - -

Variations of character's is not the same as totally different characters that have no resemblance to one another, when you can only tell by the armor that this is THAT character.
    Do you have any idea what goes into the construction of animated cinematics using in-game graphics vs. creating something of film quality? If this is what you are complaining about, I'm gonna guess the answer is no.

One is limited by the graphics of the engine, and the other has zero limitations. I'd also imagine, given there are time constraints and several assets to be created, its quicker to use established in-game models for certain heroes than consistently noodle them for minor changes (noses). Animation is not a quick process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

She lost most Forsaken when she called them “nothing” too.
    Sure, maybe a lot of them weren’t “deep” Horde, but their leader just turned on them. Why would they start butchering the only allies they have left in the name of someone who gives zero fucks about their outcome?

5+ Year Old Account
    One of the things that has always made me laugh about the horde vs alliance is that some horde races hate humans but then turn around and say but undead humans are ok and our allies.

That ending is fine, but the Forsaken would have to be deleted from the game because them being playable in the Horde would go against everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    So do you guys want another SoO or not? Because the forsaken nesting in Orgrimmar against the horde and alliance is literally SoO but with rotting people instead of green people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    What annoys me the most abou these cinematics is that the the main characters look different in each one. As if they took new artists every damn time who have no clue how those characters look anywhere else.

The entire character art is not consistent. You only recognise characters from the armor, not from their facial features.

Can't Blizzard afford decent artists anymore?
    You are 100% right. I had a ton of trouble recognizing the characters. It was kinda hard figuring out which one was supposed to be Anduin, but I think it was the one with the tusks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Those forsaken where literraly the only ones represented in warcraft from ft to wotlk. And why someone would play forsaken. The new ones are the special snowflakes from the mind of a retard who thinks that twillight vampires are awesome.
    And that cutscene with jaina, calia ans derek is the perfect exemple of that retardation.
    They are retconing the forsaken for the glory of the twillight fanclub.
    ...I'm going to assume you don't understand what character development is. As literally the second poster in this topic stated - it's been over ten years since the story of WoW began. Over that time, the Forsaken have fought, bled, and died alongside their fellow members of the Horde. They've "lived" for ten years in undeath, slowly coming to grips with their new lot in life, and I imagine some of them are simply done with the idea of hating the living, and might even start to pine and long for their old life - a plot thread that is actively worked into Slyvanas' character development as to why she continues to take more and more extreme measures to control the Forsaken: Because she realized that they aren't her slaves like she was to Arthas.

After ten years of fighting alongside the living, with your own free will, saving the world you live on, it's not a retcon at all to assume that a good majority of the Forsaken might actually start to, you know, LIKE the people they're living alongside. Hell, some might even - and I'm going to use that scary word - start to LOVE some of the living they associate with.

The fact that the Forsaken are no longer mortal hating, living killing, mindless monsters that serve only Sylvanas is what differentiates them from the Scourge, something that has been drilled into our heads over and over ad naueseum. What we're seeing here, with all but the most loyal of Forsaken turning their backs on Sylvans - who outright condemned them all in front of everyone and then killed Saurfang (A warrior that we can assume many Forsaken soldiers might have had a great deal of respect for given what he has done for them and the Horde as a whole) dishonorably with her magic in a Mok'gora, is a natural narrative direction for the Forsaken to take.

It would be more concerning if, despite ALL of this, they showed no character development what so ever, and remained wholly one dimensional like you believe they should. THAT would be a sign of terrible writing on Blizzard's part.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Look on the bright side, they've been critiqued on this exact point for 15 years, now shit is finally hitting the fan in this regard. Good shout, it's about time this stalling is coming to an end.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    One of the things that has always made me laugh about the horde vs alliance is that some horde races hate humans but then turn around and say but undead humans are ok and our allies.
    That's because undead humans eat corpses, have a metal guitar riff dance , can have a spiky mohawk, create plagues to destroy the living, and have dark humor. Regular humans are just.. boring.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    That's because undead humans eat corpses, have a metal guitar riff dance , can have a spiky mohawk, create plagues to destroy the living, and have dark humor. Regular humans are just.. boring.
    You just solved world peace for Azeroth.
    Make living humans not boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Its also been what, 12 years canonically, with the Forsaken in the Horde, having experienced a bunch of world-ending threats with them. You know, things that build camaraderie with the people you experience them with.

Shockingly some of them might actually not despise the Horde. Especially considering all the narrative legwork they've been doing for years showing that not all forsaken are immoral, unfeeling, monsters. Then their leader that they revere as like a death Goddess just called them nothing in public and then abandoned them.

And while I know its fun to mindlessly bitch about the story because your undead crush didn't metagame her way even further than she already has, it makes sense how some of the Forsaken react.
    You're undermining your own point without even realizing it. Would it make sense for some of the Forsaken to react the way they did? Sure. But some. Not 99.99% of them. Especially since even after those 12 years most Forsaken were acting like psychos as they always did, giving them little reason to buy into the same feelings, let alone hug things out with Anduin on the spot. Especially after Before the Storm made a point of how Sylvanas shaped the Forsaken society to her liking and cleansed the hopeful members of Desolate Council, leaving only the bitter ones to spread the tale back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Hell we see even in the epilogue that she never gave two fucks about the Forsaken like people kept insisting she did. They were always just arrows in the quiver. At best she, as she says, pitied them, but she never cared about them. Not in the way that she and her defenders pretended like she did. Like a lot of us have been saying for over a decade, Sylvanas is nothing but a selfish, power hungry despot. Thank god 8.2.5 shattered all the Sylvanas fanboy talking points, that makes this patch one of the best of all time based on that alone.
    Given how we've seen Sylvanas' own thoughts on the matter, wow, a retcon made you right retroactively after a decade of you being wrong. What a shattering /s What a basis to act smug and high and mighty

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Hell wasn't that part of the point of reclaiming Undercity after the Wrathgate incident and ensuing distrust directed at them from the rest of the horde? To show that the majority of the forsaken are actually committed to the horde now and care about being perceived as traitors who are only out for themselves?
    The one who did that and made such assurances was Sylvanas...

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I prefer this one

Well, this one isn't really an alternate ending. It just adds dialogue to things that were thought but not said.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You can't use logic on people who don't really show something other than "Glory for my Dark waifu".

I wouldn't seriously be surprised, after losing Undercity, losing to Greymane in the Stormheim, being angered by a random Night Elf soldier on the Darkshore, she truly seem like a cold thinking strategical genius after all, yup?
    Let's see...
    1. still arguing against Blizzard's Word of God on the issue,
    2. still pretending Sylvanas couldn't have finished off an unconscious old guy if she wanted to,
    3. conjuring up anger to a scene where the height of Sylvanas' emotion was a slightly coy smile, and that was even before A Good War gave more context to that scene and dispelled that notion for good.

You truly are the one to talk about logic here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Let's see...
    1. still arguing against Blizzard's Word of God on the issue,
    I don't really care what Blizzard says. I can use my own brain.
    Do you also think that Night Elves got their revenge for Teldrassil in the Darkshore?
    Do you blindly believe in everythig that Blizzard says?

Don't be a sheep. Undercity was a huge loss for the Horde.
    If someone is not powerful enough - they run away or make a trap. That happened.

2. still pretending Sylvanas couldn't have finished off an unconscious old guy if she wanted to,
    Why she didn't though?

3. conjuring up anger to a scene where the height of Sylvanas' emotion was a slightly coy smile, and that was even before A Good War gave more context to that scene and dispelled that notion for good.
    She started to yell on her soldier, lol. You could hear anger in her voice.

Man the OP really hates Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its used at Darkshore and on horde attacks in Kul'tiras. We have a lot stored under Org as well you see it when you free Baine.
    wtf then yeah, I don't get it.