Poll: Chose

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The cycle could have been broken after the siege of Orgrimmer, when the Alliance had the chance to wipe the horde out. There is more than one way to break the cycle and extinction is the better and much safer solution.
    only way they would have chance ending the horde as Jaina wanted would be if horde just sit on the ground and let them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    What about the Horde and Alliance staying at war due to shades of grey creating conflicts, you know, like with Garrosh and Varian back in Cataclysm? That actually made sense, both factions had good and bad apples. No faction is truly evil or truly good. This is the most realistic compared to the real world and also makes for the better storylines and gives players of both factions a sense of pride.

No peace, no good and bad faction, just two factions in greyscales.

If it's grey then more the reason to remove factions. The Night Elves, Kul Tirans, and Gilneans don't really favor the Alliance anyway.

Let's leave peace to the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Vs Blue conflict has been told over and over again. Some of us are tired of the endless "WE HATE EACH OTHER!, O NOW WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER, WE HATE EACH OTHER!" cycle. Let us end the factions once and for all. Sylv is a batshit crazy war criminal and needs to be put down like the rabid dog she is. She has sold the living out to feed her hunger for power, and her loyalists just voraciously drink in every lie she tells them.

Seriously how many times do we need to retell the same story. Let us move to Unification, and allow the loyalist to flag as war criminal so they can open pvp anyone. Anduin wanting peace does not mean he is weak, it means he is a good leader that wants to save lives. Not constantly throw lives away at a never ending war cycle. Tyrannde and Genn can go all Maiev and spend their lifetimes hunting Sylv, while the rest try to restore order and peace. And for those of you who think it is impossible for Nelfs to trust to the Horde, ask Japan about the US....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Red Vs Blue conflict has been told over and over again. Some of us are tired of the endless "WE HATE EACH OTHER!, O NOW WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER, WE HATE EACH OTHER!" cycle. Let us end the factions once and for all. Sylv is a batshit crazy war criminal and needs to be put down like the rabid dog she is. She has sold the living out to feed her hunger for power, and her loyalists just voraciously drink in every lie she tells them.

Seriously how many times do we need to retell the same story. Let us move to Unification, and allow the loyalist to flag as war criminal so they can open pvp anyone. Anduin wanting peace does not mean he is weak, it means he is a good leader that wants to save lives. Not constantly throw lives away at a never ending war cycle. Tyrannde and Genn can go all Maiev and spend their lifetimes hunting Sylv, while the rest try to restore order and peace. And for those of you who think it is impossible for Nelfs to trust to the Horde, ask Japan about the US....
    That's just stupid. Look I get it that some of you want to show people how progressive or regressive you are, I don't care. But saying you are tired of one of the pillar mechanics of the Warcraft games, of World of Warcraft itself and using that as an argument to have it changed is stupid. The hostilities between factions are part of the identity of the factions and the game itself. You don't like it, I get it, but deal with it cause it's here to stay.

And I don't know how devoid of imagination you have to be to claim they are telling the same story, however I can understand given the similarities between MoP and BFA. Still that does not invalidate the fact that hostility towards the other faction has been an important part of this game.

But you know, these opinions are like mushrooms after the rain. That's why my issue isn't with you, but rather the writing team for messing up everything in the game with their Game of Thrones twist writing (and the twist is that there is no twist).

Tyrande all the way. She better be the one to kill Sylvanas and her godawful boytoy.

the one that ends this faction war idiotism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We just had an entire expansion who's purpose it was to revert everything to factory settings - Jaina is WC3 Jaina, even without it making sense, Thrall is WC3 Thrall without it making sense, and everyone Horde-side is fifty shades of irrelevant.
    man I would sacrifice everything so that everything goes back to WC3 characterization and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, another psychopath glorification story, yay.
    Yeah, we should not tell these stories at all because some people may not get that it's a fictional story.

Just like PC gaming in general causes violence.

5+ Year Old Account
    Baine/Anduin any day of the week, faction wars have just been boring edgefests with meh-tier resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    What about the Horde and Alliance staying at war due to shades of grey creating conflicts, you know, like with Garrosh and Varian back in Cataclysm? That actually made sense, both factions had good and bad apples. No faction is truly evil or truly good. This is the most realistic compared to the real world and also makes for the better storylines and gives players of both factions a sense of pride.

No peace, no good and bad faction, just two factions in greyscales.
    But I don't understand why a faction war is required to keep the factions from being morally black and white. The way the story is setup now you could easily have inner-conflict in the Alliance and Horde without having to resort to them murdering each other. We can even see this inner conflict starting to make a divide between those who want vengeance and those who want to move on with the recent NPC dialogue. You can have peace and still allow Tyrande and her crew to chase after Sylvanas and her loyalists. I don't understand why the only way you guys think the game can have the factions be morally complex is if they're murdering the enemy team.

Also I don't think Cata is a good example to cite both factions being morally grey when it was largely the Alliance being 'good' and the Horde being 'bad.' I'd say MoP was the closest thing to both factions being grey until the end since you had Jaina going off the rails and the Alliance enslaving Panderen and stuff.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yeah, we should not tell these stories at all because some people may not get that it's a fictional story.

Just like PC gaming in general causes violence.
    There has actually been a case where 15 year old student killed a girl just to see if he could bear killing someone, he wanted to know how it feels. When questioned by the police he claimed The Joker was his rolemodel.

I'm not saying those stories shouldn't be told, just be mindful whom you are telling them to.

I know nobody is thinking about it, but WoW is still a PG12/PG13 rated game. I am still of the opinion that the story of BfA including the "genocide is for kewl kids"-theme should be rated at least PG16. After all, the new Joker movie will most likely be R-rated. That's at least one good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    There has actually been a case where 15 year old student killed a girl just to see if he could bear killing someone, he wanted to know how it feels. When questioned by the police he claimed The Joker was his rolemodel.

I'm not saying those stories shouldn't be told, just be mindful whom you are telling them to.

I know nobody is thinking about it, but WoW is still a PG12/PG13 rated game. I am still of the opinion that the story of BfA including the "genocide is for kewl kids"-theme should be rated at least PG16. After all, the new Joker movie will most likely be R-rated. That's at least one good thing.
    Yes, the 1 out of 1 million is the gold standard.

"Genocide is for the cool kids" was a theme in Warcraft 1, 2 and 3 as well, if you're really going that way.

Personally would like to see an end to the horde/alliance factions. Instead Blizzard should create expansion specific factions. Basically in the next expansion players could choose to join Anduin/Baine/Thrall or Sylvanas or Tyrande/Greymane. In the expansion after that you choose different story related factions.

Maybe, during the pre-expansion event your character would choose their side. I have know idea how technically challenging this would be, but would be cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would personally don't mind slaughtering through some horde villages... BUT...

I want a story beside this a Vs h stuff
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I believe the Horde will make a council. And I thought this long before the season finale of a certain fantasy TV show.

They are much better suited to that form of leadership. Such diverse races with unique cultural practices bound by survival - also having a war-chief when two of your races have homicidal tendencies. Bit dangerous

I think Thrall, Baine, Zappy boi or Ro'khan, Lor'Themar and probably Calia will form some sort of government. I personally hope Gallywix gets some comeuppance for being a giant turd. All the other allied races will go along for the fun. I think there will be 'peace' of a sort but the old tensions will take a while to die down and will be explored in the next expac.

Peace is hard to keep with all that bad blood!

Vengeance for Rastakhan

7+ Year Old Account
    Its Funny see that Sylvannas Fanatical Cattle still Don't give up upon follow his Waifu, despite of all atrocites that she commited, dumb actions and incompetency. Nothing more than expected.
    Last edited by Lorde Snow; 2019-10-01 at 03:57 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas Loyalists, cause I don't want to be left out of story details. If from now on every side will get lore details I will follow Tyrande/Genn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I haven't seen the new Joker movie but how is Joker's story a psychopath glorification? He loses. Hope and decency in the end prevail.
    I'm sure he makes some others lose on his way to the end.

Sylvanas easily. She'll know how to deal with the void and old god stuff and she's beyond the Horde and Alliance now. The Banshee Queen knows firsthand what the Alliance and Horde are capable of as she has seen them defeat huge threats after huge threats like the Burning Legion, Deathwing, Kil'jaeden, Argus etc. And yet she still sees them as nothing. So that means she is a 100% sure her new faction is better and stronger than everything else.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing