Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    LOL HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS BLIZZARD'S DICK. I don't recall ever seeing Blizzard telling him to gtfo and getting blacklisted. Because if that was true he wouldn't have an account and he wouldn't have been welcome at Blizzcon. And he's very similar to the Kardashians in that he's an arrogant shit waffle and his fans are all mindless idiotic rabid superfans.
    You don't recall because your an ignorant hateful dude. He was told to GTFO last Blizzcon. He's been overly critical of Blizzard, especially in BfA. Also he started as a youtube content creator and has done hundreds of WoW guides, he help more people than anyone bitching from some basement. And he's doing stuff about WoW, for WoW players, how can you compare it to Kardashians, who are doing a show about rich people for people who will never be rich? Don't watch him if it's so painful for you, also less hate and caps lock. You are heading for a stroke.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is the very definition of a Classicuck.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You don't recall because your an ignorant hateful dude. He was told to GTFO last Blizzcon. He's been overly critical of Blizzard, especially in BfA. Also he started as a youtube content creator and has done hundreds of WoW guides, he help more people than anyone bitching from some basement. And he's doing stuff about WoW, for WoW players, how can you compare it to Kardashians, who are doing a show about rich people for people who will never be rich? Don't watch him if it's so painful for you, also less hate and caps lock. You are heading for a stroke.
    Quote for true

My thoughts on Asmongold is that I have seen some videos where he goes into detail about his thoughts on something and it can be interesting but the issue is he's bought into his own hype and the character he plays on streams (whether its real or he just plays it) is massively off putting and his fan base just seems like the worst people on internet. He also has some opinions for the worst possible reasons which also makes it hard for me to take him seriously sometimes. If someone has a different opinion than me but their reasons for having that opinion makes sense I actually gain respect for them but if the reason is just "blabla crap" I just roll my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Nah dude. That would be Swifty with his razor nagas and warrior one shot macros!
    Or it’s different for everyone and depends on who you started watching first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    - Living with his mom in his 30's
    - Dirty
    - Lazy
    - Bad at the game

Yes he is perfect face representing classic players.
    Sigh. I feel it necessary sometimes to respond to threads like this. Let me be upfront, I don't care for Asmon. I think he panders to the lowest common denominator in WoW and has a bunch of ferbering idiots for followers. I dislike his "on stream" personality, and think he blows a lot of shit way out of proportion, which just ramps people up unnecessarily. Which is BY design.

BUT... while I will agree that he's a lazy fucker and can sometimes "appear" to not shower for a few days, he's actually broadly a pretty intelligent guy. And he's not BAD at the game... he's just not as good at the game as people would like to think. He's not a cutting edge raider and mostly he likes farming shit. Which is fair, that's his deal. It's the thing about the game a lot of people enjoy.

But as much as I dislike him on stream, I will give him some credit where credit is due. If you've never watched any of his "non-stream" videos where he just talks to the camera (usually sitting outside on the porch of his home), he's actually fairly likable. He suffers from some pretty severe depression, and WoW has thankfully for him given him the means of being able to earn some income. This is part of why he lives with his mom. The other part is that she became really sick back in 2014, and he dropped out of college to stay home and take care of her. I'd say that makes him a pretty decent person.

You have to separate Asmongold from Zack. They are two very different people. I detest Asmongold, but I actually like Zack and think he's a pretty decent person.

Also, and again.. not defending anything or anyone, he's 29. Not in his 30's. Yes he lives with his mom, but it's to take care of her. And, as much as people think he's a basement dweller (or attic dweller in this case I guess) he does have a life out side of WoW. Dude even has a pretty attractive girlfriend (Streamer Pink Sparkles... IF they are still dating. I don't know. I cannot keep up with all this shit).

So he's doing something right.
    Last edited by Oakshana; 2019-09-27 at 02:40 PM.

Even you dont like it Asmongold and Mcconnellret is kinda the face of wow classic.

Rumours has it they host a $40K dueling contest.

Asmongold is the face of Asmongold. His viewer base watches him for his WoW content. If he isn't streaming the overall WoW numbers tank and his core audience won't show up anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Nothing he does is for the players out of the goodness of his heart. Everything he does is for money. And unless you can supply a link proving your claim true, it was likely another bull shit sob story he concocted to manipulate his fans into supporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, he's an entertainer who actually understands a lot more than most people realize.

He's not trying to sell you anything, or trick you. In a lot of ways he's very direct and blunt about most things.
    If he has two completely different personalities, he's trying to sell you something. That's literally his job. You even just called him an entertainer. When it comes to entertainers, he's the used car salesman of them.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2019-09-27 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Any other person on this site would follow suit if they had the chance.
    I can only speak for myself, but I vehemently disagree. Streaming the same game that you are forced to play every day because it's your job sounds appalling. I'll stick with my education and real-world problem solving thanks.

We're not all flipping burgers or pumping gas on this forum.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Asmongold isnt even good at the game. My guild raced his guild to realm first every single raid and came out on top every single time and half of their wipes were due to him.

I say this to not come off biased when I say that asmongold is the reason classic exists. Asmon and soda literally started this years ago with petitions and without them classic wouldn't even be a thing. So yes he is the face and yes faerlina is the main server. Any other server is just inferior

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I vehemently disagree. Streaming the same game that you are forced to play every day because it's your job sounds appalling. I'll stick with my education and real-world problem solving thanks.

We're not all flipping burgers or pumping gas on this forum.
    Estimates put him, at about $2 million a year at current rate. I would do that in heart beat. I make plenty of money but $2 million a year is definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Asmongold isnt even good at the game. My guild raced his guild to realm first every single raid and came out on top every single time and half of their wipes were due to him.

I say this to not come off biased when I say that asmongold is the reason classic exists. Asmon and soda literally started this years ago with petitions and without them classic wouldn't even be a thing. So yes he is the face and yes faerlina is the main server. Any other server is just inferior
    Uhhh so the other million people that wanted classic had no effect? The people that put the time and money into hosting private servers are the reason classic exists. The people that played those servers are the reason classic exists.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    If he has two completely different personalities, he's trying to sell you something. That's literally his job. You even just called him an entertainer. When it comes to entertainers, he's the used car salesman of them.
    If you want to get super technical, I guess you could spend your time.

But watching twitch or youtube is free. You dont have to subscribe to him, or donate. If you want to look at it in a sinister light I guess that's on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Estimates put him, at about $2 million a year at current rate. I would do that in heart beat. I make plenty of money but $2 million a year is definitely worth it.
    He has an estimated total net worth of $2m, not $2m of income per year.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    He has an estimated total net worth of $2m, not $2m of income per year.
    People see net worth and think "They make that much a year!" And it's like....no. That means has $2 million in assets, including housing and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I don't know what I should think about it, is it good for us that Asmongold is our face on twitch?

Is he carrying us?
    Nah. He's making some money off all the hype though. He's only slightly responsible for it.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

He did get to over 100k in viewers when his guild made the hand of rag so that was impressive. Wonder how much money he made that night!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Uhhh so the other million people that wanted classic had no effect? The people that put the time and money into hosting private servers are the reason classic exists. The people that played those servers are the reason classic exists.
    Honestly, not really. People cheer for taylor swift, not her dance crew.