10+ Year Old Account
    It says a lot about how insane the pro-Trump and anti-America conservatives have become that they are angrier at a patriot for blowing the whistle on criminal behavior and not Trump abusing his office for his own benefit.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    I don’t get why you feel it’s necessary to throw out your street cred like this. Either your argument has merit, and who you support is irrelevant, or it doesn’t and you’re just trying to convince people by virtue of being "impartial", which would be disingenuous like the backbone of your argument.

Besides, us "leftists" and "moderates" have a secret handshake which you failed to perform.
    I threw out my "street cred" because people in earlier posts refer to me as a "Trumpkin" which I'm not by any stretch of the imagination. The "argument" I threw out was my factual statement of what the Russian Foreign Minister said, which in my opinion was a great idea on her part.

However, people who are die-hard supporters of their faction, having no factual argument of their own, attempt to discredit me by calling me a "Trumpkin", claiming I must live in Moscow, or resort to checking my posts in other threads as if they have any relevance to the issue at hand. Kind of ironic, but this is the same thing the media has been doing to Trump. In fact, if there's any reason I'd vote to re-elect him, it's because the American media is so afraid of him, which I consider a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    I threw out my "street cred" because people in earlier posts refer to me as a "Trumpkin" which I'm not by any stretch of the imagination. The "argument" I threw out was my factual statement of what the Russian Foreign Minister said, which in my opinion was a great idea on her part.

However, people who are die-hard supporters of their faction, having no factual argument of their own, attempt to discredit me by calling me a "Trumpkin", claiming I must live in Moscow, or resort to checking my posts in other threads as if they have any relevance to the issue at hand. Kind of ironic, but this is the same thing the media has been doing to Trump. In fact, if there's any reason I'd vote to re-elect him, it's because the American media is so afraid of him, which I consider a good sign.
    None of you Trumpkins ever vote for him and you all voted for Obama and just by chance always defend Trump

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I understand Impeachment very well. Your description of how the process should unfold is spot on. However, you do not seem to understand Mitch McConnell and his ability to set aside almost any rule or procedure he finds inconvenient. Roberts will do what he can and is authorized to do during the Trial portion in the Senate, and will take the helm as allowed, but McConnell runs that Chamber as if it were an expression of his will.

McConnell decides on the vote - after the trial. Which he will never allow to happen if the President Pence's VP spot is still open. Pelosi will never become President.
    I think you're overestimating McConnell's abilities, or underestimating Democrats spine. Again, fair, since both have been egregiously on display for years now (or lack thereof, in the case of the Dems' spine). This is an unprecedented moment in American political history. During the Clinton impeachment, they had one lie under oath about a personal affair not related to policy or personal enrichment, or anything. This is a whole different animal. Even Mitch McConnell can't stop it. If he tries, he can be held in contempt BY CJ Roberts, if McConnell tries to circumvent the scheduling of the trial. And for that, he can be thrown in jail.

Once the official impeachment stuff starts, McConnell has very little power to do anything about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    None of you Trumpkins ever vote for him and you all voted for Obama and just by chance always defend Trump
    And none of you leftists ever have any good arguments so you resort to slander. I also never defended Trump. If you're going to reply, at least understand what you're replying to first.

And none of you leftists ever have any good arguments so you resort to slander. I also never defended Trump. If you're going to reply, at least understand what you're replying to first.
    Yes you totally american poster from New York, this entire shit show is coming from Donald J. Trump all those damming things are not made by the media it's from Trump's own mouth. So my totally voted for Obama person there is no argument the evidence is in plain sight, deep throat is coming from the white house. The moron admitted to everything because he thinks he is untouchable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I imagine they don't want to be embarrassed
    It's too late for that.

They can't hope they can get through this without being embarrassed, shamed and ridiculed for backing a lying loser traitor. The spin you refer to won't hold out for long, and it doesn't stop subpoenas.

They can hope for redemption, but redemption comes with action. The unanimous House and Senate votes are proof that this could potentially happen.

What other signs?

1) The GOP reminding Trump who's in charge by shoving his Wall funds up his ass. They know it's a toxic issue and, until recently, felt they had to go along with it. Now, they don't. Trump needs the GOP far more now than he ever has before, because without their support, they can throw him out, keep Pence, and still get one or two things done before Jan 20, 2021.

2) The GOP has to openly admit they need more evidence. They have to admit they need the real transcript. They have to admit the need the whistleblower's testimony. They have to admit that WH officials can't dodge questions, refuse to answer, or stall and assume that's good enough. Refusing to believe the evidence is enough to convict is one thing, refusing to see the evidence is another. No openness to even hear about the truth? No redemption. They become co-conspirators.

3) Giuliani must be brought to task. Regardless of anything else that may or may not have happened, Giuliani flat-out admitted he worked with a foreign head of state, and he has no legal right to do that. Barr does. Hell, even Trump's campaign probably does -- they hired Manafort, didn't they? Giuliani is a personal lawyer with no government role and no election-based status. He's an easy, expendable victim. If the GOP doesn't move on Giuliani, they're once again co-conspirators.

Failure to do anything at all means embarrassment is the least of their problems. The GOP can't hold onto "the party of law and order" while blatantly blocking anything remotely resembling a grand jury, nor can they control what other governments think or how they react when Team Trump blatantly violates the law. Considering what @Skroe said too, it's not just possible but likely that impeachment hearings will drag down other business -- pass any spending bills lately? -- and the GOP will limp into 2020 having failed at not just Trump's agenda, but also their own.

Good one. For the record, not a "Trumpkin" LOL! Not Republican or Democrat either. If you must know I voted for Obama and abstained from the last election. The only difference between myself and the people parroting what their tv tells them is I think for myself.
    Ok sure buddy another embarrassed right winger over here.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account
    So much misinformation going around.. almost as if people don't understand that the American media is biased.

The best part in all this is how Russia, the country our media has been demonizing for years is trying to save us from ourselves. As Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said: "The show must go on: Release the transcripts of conversations with NATO partners, with each other. The publication of speeches at closed CIA, FBI and Pentagon meetings seems highly valuable. Bring it all out!"

If the Democrats prove short-sighted enough to bring this impeachment to the Senate, it would really help drain the swamp and get Trump re-elected.
    So are you going to say what the misinformation is?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Yes you totally american poster from New York, this entire shit show is coming from Donald J. Trump all those damming things are not made by the media it's from Trump's own mouth. So my totally voted for Obama person there is no argument the evidence is in plain sight, deep throat is coming from the white house. The moron admitted to everything because he thinks he is untouchable.
    Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why the media is having a field day dissecting Trump while remaining completely silent about all the other corruption going on in Capitol Hill? Of course you haven't.. your tv never told you to.

Not going to waste any more of my time trying to prove anything to you. Just wait and see. In the meantime, I'll grab my popcorn and watch both Democrats and Republicans get played against each other by people who are better at 4D chess than either of them.

Support for Trump's impeachment appears to be gaining public support as more details come out.

Current its: 47% support impeaching Trump, 42% oppose impeaching Trump, and 11% are undecided.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/46...ts-in-new-poll

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So are you going to say what the misinformation is?
    Well let's start with the fact that it was actually Biden who strong-armed Ukraine into dropping the investigation against his son by threatening to withhold aid. Meanwhile, Trump had a friendly conversation their president. Of course the media spins this every which way they can to influence voters.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think you're overestimating McConnell's abilities, or underestimating Democrats spine. Again, fair, since both have been egregiously on display for years now (or lack thereof, in the case of the Dems' spine). This is an unprecedented moment in American political history. During the Clinton impeachment, they had one lie under oath about a personal affair not related to policy or personal enrichment, or anything. This is a whole different animal. Even Mitch McConnell can't stop it. If he tries, he can be held in contempt BY CJ Roberts, if McConnell tries to circumvent the scheduling of the trial. And for that, he can be thrown in jail.

Once the official impeachment stuff starts, McConnell has very little power to do anything about it.
    I agree regarding the situation we are facing - it is historic.

But I disagree on McConnell's stranglehold on that chamber. Time and again McConnell has ignored rules he found inconvenient in favor of his own agenda and thirst for power. The open SCOTUS seat is a key example.

During the Impeachment Trial, while Roberts will oversee the trial itself, it's still McConnell's vote to call at the end. Something he can just ignore altogether if he sees fit. There is no mechanism for holding Roberts holding McConnell in contempt. Worst case Roberts complains and they sue, and the SCOTUS rules that it's a decision for the Senate rules.

I get what you're saying. In a normal world, such as the one that existed during Clinton's Impeachment, the rules would have been followed. That is no longer the case. McConnell will not allow Pelosi to become President.

Not going to waste any more of my time trying to prove anything to you. Just wait and see. In the meantime, I'll grab my popcorn and watch both Democrats and Republicans get played against each other by people who are better at 4D chess than either of them.
    In case anyone still wasn't sure who you support.

Well let's start with the fact that it was actually Biden who strong-armed Ukraine into dropping the investigation against his son by threatening to withhold aid. Meanwhile, Trump had a friendly conversation their president. Of course the media spins this every which way they can to influence voters.
    Found the fox news watcher.

Hint: Biden was investigated, and kept nothing secret, and no wrong doing was found. By any country. This happened many years ago, but you're just hearing about it now.... despite it being something that was publicly talked about. Why is that, mmm? Is it because it was lauded by the international and domestic community at that point, and not bribery or quid pro quo? mmmm.

Hilarious you call other people sheep while baa'ing on cue.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    In case anyone still wasn't sure who you support.
    Who do I support? Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Support for Trump's impeachment appears to be gaining public support as more details come out.

Current its: 47% support impeaching Trump, 42% oppose impeaching Trump, and 11% are undecided.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/46...ts-in-new-poll
    A new Hill-HarrisX survey on Friday found support for impeachment proceedings against President Trump has risen 12 points compared to a similar poll conducted three months ago.

Do they do a different impeachment poll every 3 month's? i mean it sounds ridiculous when i think about it like that.

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why the media is having a field day dissecting Trump while remaining completely silent about all the other corruption going on in Capitol Hill? Of course you haven't.. your tv never told you to.

Complete and utter bullshit Trump opened his mouth he is the president of the US, you want the media to not report on him? how about you tell him to STFU because Pence tried to get him to but he keeps admitting his crimes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Found the fox news watcher.

Hint: Biden was investigated, and kept nothing secret, and no wrong doing was found. By any country. This happened many years ago, but you're just hearing about it now.... despite it being something that was publicly talked about. Why is that, mmm? Is it because it was lauded by the international and domestic community at that point, and not bribery or quid pro quo? mmmm.

Hilarious you call other people sheep while baa'ing on cue.
    Actually I don't watch Fox News. Half of my family does and while I don't despise them for it, I wonder how they could actually believe any of their propaganda at face value. I guess a lot of people have no concept of independent thought on this forum.

Of course nothing was found against Biden's son... Biden literally got the prosecutor in charge of investigating him fired by threatening to withhold aid.

Who do I support? Please enlighten me.
    Not buying into your low-budget Zenkai act, sorry.