Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Watch Greta Thunberg tear these corporate douchebags apart in the question round

So refined. What a visionary.

Thoughts?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only fools listen to a child who knows absolutely nothing as far as solutions for climate change.

I don’t believe in exploiting children for political gain so no I will not watch this mentally ill child speak about something she doesn’t have a clue about. This is child abuse and whoever is feeding her information should be jailed!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have become such a fan of this girl for the mere fact she is pissing off climate change denies and the far right. It's such a joy watching people be so angry at a girl, the icing on the cake is when she just put Trumps tweet into her bio on twitter. xD

Give her all the awards...
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-09-27 at 10:50 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have become such a fan of this girl for the mere fact she is pissing off climate change denies and the far right. It's such a joy watching people be so angry at a girl, the icing on the cake is when she just put Trumps tweet into her bio on twitter. xD

Give her all the awards...
    Yes yes we all know by now it's not possible to have a valid criticism of Greta and her ideas.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-09-29 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Only fools listen to a child who knows absolutely nothing as far as solutions for climate change.
    She's not offering solutions. She's asking the adults for that, and they're failing badly at that so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post

Yes yes we all know by now it's not possible to have a valid criticism of Greta.
    Criticism of her or what she believes in? First, why would you criticise her, also second why would you criticise what she believes in?

'But she's mentally ill' I hear you say

But whats that go to do with anything, its just cutting the nose to spite the face. Why is criticising her so important to the facts she's telling, and the problems her generation is dealing (going to be dealing) with.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-09-27 at 10:59 PM.

of her or what she believes in? Why would you criticise her, also why would you criticise what she believes in?

But whats that go to do with anything, its just cutting the nose to spite the face. Why is criticising her so important to the facts she's saying?
    The fact is that if the hundreds of thousands of people taking the day off to protest about climate change these past days all across the world went outside with a garbage bag and picked up trash, theyd actually make a difference. But these days activists dont actually do shit, they just scream loudly that others need to do things for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Criticism of her or what she believes in? First, why would you criticise her, also second why would you criticise what she believes in?

But whats that go to do with anything, its just cutting the nose to spite the face. Why is criticising her so important to the facts she's telling, the problems her generation is dealing (going to be dealing) with.
    Sorry I meant criticism of Greta in relation to her *ideas* and behaviors. I edited my last post 2 minutes before you posted, but I guess you had already clicked reply. Anyways you bring up a good point that we shouldn't be criticizing people like Greta unless it includes criticisms of her behaviors and beliefs and why they're bad. For me personally I've always made it clear that the part I disagree with is her pseudo-scientific predictions of doom and the end of civilization. They're not based on anything real, just pure speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    She's not offering solutions. She's asking the adults for that, and they're failing badly at that so far.
    Not really, solving climate issues will take many decades so it's not that adults are failing but rather that it's just a very large problem to solve and some people are expecting instant solutions.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-09-27 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Her role is not to know something, she's here to cry "Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Sorry I meant criticism of Greta in relation to her *ideas*. I edited my last post 2 minutes before you posted, but I guess you had already clicked reply. Anyways you bring up a good point that we shouldn't be criticizing people like Greta unless it includes criticisms of her beliefs and why they're wrong. For me personally I've always made it clear that the part I disagree with is her pseudo-scientific predictions of doom and the end of civilization. They're not based on anything real, just pure speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, solving climate issues will take many decades so it's not that adults are failing but rather that it's just a very large problem to solve and some people are expecting instant solutions.
    There actually is an instant solution. Everyone stop eating meat now. Just immediately. Just give it up.
    Thats the real poluter. But big bucks going on there though, cant be talkin bout that.

People aren't expecting instant solutions.
    But they are expecting...solutions.

Not some bullshit "innovation will save us all" wishful fantasy without any delineated planning.

I do love how much she's pissing off "those" people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    There actually is an instant solution. Everyone stop eating meat now. Just immediately. Just give it up.
    Thats the real poluter. But big bucks going on there though, cant be talkin bout that.
    Why don't stop eating at all? Much better solution!

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't be ridiculous, climate change can't be solved by getting rid of meat.

(Can't tell when people are joking anymore.)

Why do people even listen to a 16 year old?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why do people even listen to a 16 year old?
    Why did people from the story pretend the emperor isn't naked?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Em...7s_New_Clothes

Because not doing so will label you unprogressive and earth-hater

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Why did people from the story pretend the emperor isn't naked?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Em...7s_New_Clothes

Because not doing so will label you unprogressive and earth-hater
    Sounds like you have some serious cultural issues to deal with in that case. Here, nobody would give much consideration to what 16 year old say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Sounds like you have some serious cultural issues to deal with in that case. Here, nobody would give much consideration to what 16 year old say.
    That's why the West is doomed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I do love how much she's pissing off "those" people.
    Basically you're a version of the Trump voter that said "I voted for Trump because I love how much he pisses off leftists". As opposed to voting based on policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is that if the hundreds of thousands of people taking the day off to protest about climate change these past days all across the world went outside with a garbage bag and picked up trash, they'd actually make a difference.
    Most of the people that protest do those very things, it called volunteering. Do you think we just sit around twiddling out thumbs and just wait to protest. Hundreds of thousands of people participate and meet up to help the environment me and my girlfriend are two of said people who attended said protest that do that.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-09-27 at 11:42 PM.