Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Doesn't change that for many playrs it feels like a lot of what they earned was removed.
    I don't really recall people saying they feel like they lost what they earned when the stat squish happened in WoD and again in BFA. It's just an arbitrary number. I'm not proud of the fact I'm level 120. Why should I? Being level 120 is the first, most basic step to playing the game.

The easy way to fix the level situation is to drop everyone to 60. Any level 120 character when the level squish happens gets a little star next to their name to represent the fact that the character is a "veteran". This way the level squish still happens but those who care about their level or representing the fact that they have been playing for a long time get something to represent that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    The easy way to fix the level situation is to drop everyone to 60. Any level 120 character when the level squish happens gets a little star next to their name to represent the fact that the character is a "veteran". This way the level squish still happens but those who care about their level or representing the fact that they have been playing for a long time get something to represent that.
    I'd rather see your post squish level be based on what you were pre squish. 120 is 50, 60 is 25, 20 is 5, so on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Says who? Certainly not the game or lore, where void magic can be used to perform literal necromancy.
    The Three Sisters comic disagrees with you.

There are six fundamental forces in the universe - Order, Disorder, Life, Death, Light, Shadow. The Void seeks every possible path and sees them all as truth. Death wishes to end the chaos of possible futures with the finality of, well, death. They are opposing forces who seek fundamentally different outcomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd rather see your post squish level be based on what you were pre squish. 120 is 50, 60 is 25, 20 is 5, so on.
    I assume that is what they are going to do. They are going to figure out where the new "entry level" to the next expansion content is and use that as a baseline to squish everyone's level downward.

So if 60 is the new entry level, then everyone's level gets cut in half. 120->60, 90->45, 60->30, etc. If they decide to make the entry level say 40, then everyone's level would be multiplied by .333, so 120->40, 90->30, 60->20, etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    My attempt at a Blizzcon Hype train:
    https://imgur.com/a/lT6IIoP
    needs more work, obviously
    I see someone watched Preach's recent video lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    I don't really recall people saying they feel like they lost what they earned when the stat squish happened in WoD and again in BFA. It's just an arbitrary number. I'm not proud of the fact I'm level 120. Why should I? Being level 120 is the first, most basic step to playing the game.
    Level squish is not = stat squish. Trurt me, losing half of the levels you earned is far worse than stats because those levels also represent time played. I am proud of 120 because I have been playing since day 1 and it shows the committment I made to my toon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    My attempt at a Blizzcon Hype train:
    https://imgur.com/a/lT6IIoP
    needs more work, obviously
    I really liked the 8.0 hypetrain and how it evolved throughout the memes of the hypethread

#1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    I just watched Preach's Top 5 hopes for Blizzcon and I don't necessarily agree with his #4 and #5 but I definitely agree with all his Top 3 points:

Time mark: 9:24

#3 Gear should have affixes/bonuses that make you better within that content tier (so Eternal Palace gear is best for EP but can still be used stat wise elsewhere)

We kind of have this with some of those "while you're in Nazjatar" etc etc but Preach is saying it should be more specific and there should be more of it. Like he asks, why doesn't Mechagon have its own set of gear that's best for Mechagon (which I entirely agree with). I think this point I agree with wholeheartedly.

#2 Get rid of content you don't want to make better (referring to Mission tables mainly), but if you do keep them make them bigger/better "I want to see an evolution of World quests if they're staying around". I agree with this too!

#1 Bring back old abilities, but don't do just that - give us bigger/awesome new abilities as well. Don't really have much more to say here, it's definitely something that should happen. Preach's concern is they'll just give back old stuff and go "happy now?" when it's not just about getting back what was lost but also being excited about obtaining new abilities and not continuing the whole "rental abilities per expansion" - which I agree with as well.

Player characters should grow in abilities, or they should be transforming current abilities into something better as the levels continue going up. I for instance understood that we couldn't keep Wake of Ashes since our Ashbringer went away, and it's cool it's available through a talent, but that means I have to give up something else I would've picked previously in order to use WoA for my Paladin.

That doesn't feel as good as say either getting Wake of Ashes as 1 new ability or say being able to proc Divine Storm into a Wake of Ashes (just throwing an example) when I reach lvl 116 or something.

In Preach's video he shows Ion talking about Alter Time and it was a really nifty ability that allowed masterful play, but some mages didn't even have it on their bar. I think that is personally OK, I think it would create more depth with classes if you for instance had "too many skills" and maybe had a hotbar template where you could place which abilities you wanted to use for specific content you wanted to do ON TOP OF having the current talent system we have now.

They could probably make more changes with Class design but I'm just going off of what Preach's video talks about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I really liked the 8.0 hypetrain and how it evolved throughout the memes of the hypethread

Those were some good days/weeks/months

Do you still have the epilepsy-inducing gif version?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account

Ah, the good old times.
    When life was slightly less depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Since we are posting Hypetrains now, i'll get to work on my design.

Formerly known as Arafal

Ohh this is when I decided to re-join the WoW community outside of the game... I love this picture... strangely I miss some of those posters.

Haha we should definitely update this picture for this year's Blizzcon. I'm already hyped!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

There seems to be a lot going on lately with the undead. Maybe Northrend revamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    The Three Sisters comic disagrees with you.
    It really, really doesn't. One line of the void trying to convince Alleria to kill her sister doesn't make the void incompatible with death. It's like people haven't noticed that the two most void-based groups in the entire game, AU Shadowmoon Clan and Void Elves, both actively use void-based necromancy.

Based on the Sylvanas Loyalist cinematic, it's most likely the Void doesn't like whatever Death entity Sylvanas is serving/has made a deal with, which is not the same as "undead resist/are immune to old god whispers and Void corruption" which is what it seems like a vast majority of forumites have taken away from that comic.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It removes half the levels I earned.; Don't tell me it changes nothing.

Doesn't change that for many playrs it feels like a lot of what they earned was removed.
    It doesn't
    Literally it's just changing the outfacing number
    You lose 0 stats
    You lose 0 abilities
    You lose 0 experience

So when they do number squishes do you quit because you went from 1.4m DPS to 14k DPS??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It really, really doesn't. One line of the void trying to convince Alleria to kill her sister doesn't make the void incompatible with death. It's like people haven't noticed that the two most void-based groups in the entire game, AU Shadowmoon Clan and Void Elves, both actively use void-based necromancy.
    So based on a lot of speculation and a little bit of Laura from chronicle I think that all of the old gods in one way or another had some special ability that we've come to learn of

Pandaland old God had the ability to manifest emotion
    North old God had the curse of flesh
    Eyeball bro pad bug people I don't know like I said this is all speculation so I can be 100% wrong
    Tentacle bro has Naga people and really convincing powers of corruption

What if the fifth one since it's depicted with skeletons has the power of death

So this 5th old God could have been essentially not just an enemy to the light but also an enemy to the other old gods in the void as their power was killing everything making it to where nothing else could touch it so in the same way that the alliance and The horde team up to kill bitchie banshee Queen the other four old gods teamed up to kill the fifth one or steal her away in some kind of dagger maybe

And course now that the old God is free from the dagger and it somehow lead people to another old God it's possible that it's still has a connection to the 5th

and as we know when we were at least the fifth one she decided to walk off after asking her brother so nicely

I think that the obvious answer is always the most correct one at least in terms of Warcraft lore but I will have to go and look at some of the whispers again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    It's like being proud that you have an item level of 300

I don't know who would complain about this but if they would leave the game over level squish then they're already not playing the game because the stat squish is the same principle I honestly think anyone who wants to argue against the level squish is just someone who places so much value in the number that they won't know what to do with themself if they can't show it off and even that makes no sense so in reality they just don't like the game and they are looking for an excuse to quit instead of just quitting like a normal person

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Based on the Sylvanas Loyalist cinematic, it's most likely the Void doesn't like whatever Death entity Sylvanas is serving/has made a deal with, which is not the same as "undead resist/are immune to old god whispers and Void corruption" which is what it seems like a vast majority of forumites have taken away from that comic.
    so each of the old gods kind of have a strange domain or power or some weird ship I mean if you look at the one in the north he was able to see everything through his blood and was manipulating people and also created the curse of flesh I think that this other entity is another old guy but it betrayed the others because instead of consuming everything like the void wanted it decided to take everything if you kill something the void can't have it but maybe the fifth old God that was depicted in chronicle can so that is why somebody's really intent on killing their champion

7+ Year Old Account
    Embrace the hype train.

@Shadochi @Fahrad Wagner
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-09-28 at 07:26 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    #3 Gear should have affixes/bonuses that make you better within that content tier (so Eternal Palace gear is best for EP but can still be used stat wise elsewhere)

We kind of have this with some of those "while you're in Nazjatar" etc etc but Preach is saying it should be more specific and there should be more of it. Like he asks, why doesn't Mechagon have its own set of gear that's best for Mechagon (which I entirely agree with). I think this point I agree with wholeheartedly.
    That contradicts itself. Either you have gear that only works in its content, or not. If you say Eternal Palace gear should work everywhere else but Mechagon gear should not, that is rather bad.

Raiding gear only should work in raids. World quest gear should only work in world content. End of debate.
    Last edited by Gnome Pirate; 2019-09-28 at 07:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Pirate View Post
    Raiding gear only should work in raids. World quest gear should only work in world content. End of debate.
    Ugh, no thanks.

I'd rather not have 10 different armor sets cluttering my bag because some sets don't work in some content.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Pirate View Post
    That contradicts itself. Either you have gear that only works in its content, or not. If you say Eternal Palace gear should work anywhere else but Mechagon gear should not, that is rather bad.

I think I explained poorly or you misunderstood. When talking about "still be use stat wise elsewhere" it basically means like how you have Benthic gear with special perks in Nazjatar / EP but the stats on the gear are still good despite the perks only working in select areas.

That's what "still be useful statwise elsewhere" means.

Basically if you're someone that doesn't care to min/max then the gear you have can still be used elsewhere. Like right now I still use my Nazjatar 400ilvl gear even in mechagon, I still wear that cape that lets me see Murky's special stock - despite other effects being "better" cuz I don't give a shit and it still allows me to clear the content I want.