View Poll Results: will you trust Blizzard in future lore discussions?

Voters
150. This poll is closed
  • yes

38 25.33%
  • no

112 74.67%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Believing is everything that Blizzard says without thinking is stupid(there are few people on this forum who do so).

I'm not sayin that Blizzard stricty is lying to us, but we should shouldn't be obedient sheeps. Take their explanations with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-09-28 at 08:13 AM.

Let's face it - when it turns out that Sylvanas had to start and forcefully encourage a war between the races of Azeroth because of something to do with the Old Gods, whereby she had to cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands in order to save the lives of millions, you'll all still be here complaining about it, despite that being the literal definition of "morally grey". As I said before, no one here actually wants to be satisfied by the story, they want to complain about it because they have a pathological obsession with validating their own superiority complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Let's face it - when it turns out that Sylvanas had to start and forcefully encourage a war between the races of Azeroth because of something to do with the Old Gods, whereby she had to cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands in order to save the lives of millions, you'll all still be here complaining about it, despite that being the literal definition of "morally grey". As I said before, no one here actually wants to be satisfied by the story, they want to complain about it because they have a pathological obsession with validating their own superiority complex.
    A good point.
    After watching a new set of cinematics, I found myself to be extremely annoyed by the story. Then I watched a review made by a young fellow on YouTube and... He was almost crying over Saurfang. I could only wish I could care this much, enough not to notice inconsistencies or weird plot choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    that's not what she did/is going to end up doing.

she flew away in a purple puff of smoke screaming fuck the horde.

that's what your banshee queen did.

OT: hell no. the story is shot to hell for me.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Apparently not everyone. Do you usually make blanket generalizations about groups of people with no statistical proof?
    Would they be generalizations if they were statistically proven?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You are right, they don't need to be in on it. And thats why everyone is mad, and have the right to be mad, because the joke wasn't funny.
    And? Some people find the Transformers movies to be good while I stopped watching them after the second one, tastes vary. There are plenty of great games and stories that I don't like, that doesn't make them bad.

Would they be generalizations if they were statistically proven?
    If proven no they would not be generalizations, they would be fact. Problem is you can't prove that everyone is mad because it isn't true. I play retail and I am not mad nor am I the only one.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Look, its incredibly obvious that "shades of gray" was a bald-faced lie. But how does that impact future lore videos and discussions from the writers and devs? Will you place your trust in their word in the future? Or is their word no longer currency to you?
    I practice just taking in the story rather than listening to someone who tells me what I should expect.

"Grommash Hellscream is the final boss of Warlords of Draenor"

"It won't be obvious who burned Teldrassil"

"Sylvanas won't be Garrosh 2.0"

Gonna say no

Edit: "Three lies will he offer you" Maybe this is what Il'gynoth meant?
    Last edited by Skirdus; 2019-09-28 at 07:10 PM.

If proven no they would not be generalizations, they would be fact. Problem is you can't prove that everyone is mad because it isn't true. I play retail and I am not mad nor am I the only one.
    I don't play retail and I don't care if you aren't mad. Everyone hates it. I will say it again just to trigger you

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-28 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

I don't play retail and I don't care if you aren't mad. Everyone hates it. I will say it again just to trigger you
    Never was triggered, but it's unsurprising you'd admit to immature taunts when proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Look, its incredibly obvious that "shades of gray" was a bald-faced lie. But how does that impact future lore videos and discussions from the writers and devs? Will you place your trust in their word in the future? Or is their word no longer currency to you?
    Shades of gray:

- Killed a bunch of civilians at Teldrassil
    - Killed Saurfang

in return for

- Returning Thrall to the Horde
    - Brining Zandalar into the Horde
    - Solidifying the position of the forsaken within the horde
    - Strengthing ties between Alliance and Horde
    - Returning Jaina to the Alliance
    - Bringing Kul Tiras into the Alliance
    - A unified Horde and Alliance, stronger than ever, now are ready to face N'zoth

If Sylvanas planned it, which seems so, then yes, that certainly is shades of gray. She essentially sacrificed civilians in order to strengthen the two most powerful armies on Azeroth, right as N'zoth was about to break free.

That not shades of gray to you?

Never was triggered, but it's unsurprising you'd admit to immature taunts when proven wrong.
    Well it worked since you're sending me PMs now about it.

Let's get this straight - I said something that you don't agree with. I'd be fine if you chose to share an opinion and we could agree to disagree. When you spout some bs about statistical proof, it tells me you're not looking to share an opinion, you want to prove someone wrong. You feel those 'unproven statements' must be addressed to make your own opinion feel validated.

And that ain't my problem, its yours.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-09-28 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Shades of gray:

- Killed a bunch of civilians at Teldrassil
    - Killed Saurfang

in return for

- Returning Thrall to the Horde
    - Brining Zandalar into the Horde
    - Solidifying the position of the forsaken within the horde
    - Strengthing ties between Alliance and Horde
    - Returning Jaina to the Alliance
    - Bringing Kul Tiras into the Alliance
    - A unified Horde and Alliance, stronger than ever, now are ready to face N'zoth

If Sylvanas planned it, which seems so, then yes, that certainly is shades of gray. She essentially sacrificed civilians in order to strengthen the two most powerful armies on Azeroth, right as N'zoth was about to break free.

That not shades of gray to you?
    All of that seems too complex for the writers of Blizzard to pull it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Dev's note: Keikaku means plan

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The what now!?
    It's a very dark shade of grey
    The kind of grey that absorbs up to 99% of light

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    How can we draw conclusions to a story arc that isn't finished yet? We still don't know what is really going on, we only got a new piece to the puzzle. Sylvannas is an incredibly morally grey character.
    Thanks for the laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Its extremely basic. Its literally just "lets have this evil character do some bad shit, to bring together the heroes, then she can reveal that she did the bad shit to bring them together because X"

Pretty common cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Its extremely basic. Its literally just "lets have this evil character do some bad shit, to bring together the heroes, then she can reveal that she did the bad shit to bring them together because X"

Pretty common cliche.
    Had you forgotten WoD and MoP fortune cookie wisdom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

lol fuck no

They said BfA wasn't a repeat of MoP and it was literally a repeat of MoP. I think the only major difference was the raid of a Horde city took place earlier in the expansion and the Horde rebel leader dying in the expansion instead of a later expansion.

I mean, just look at it:
    It has the night elves getting fucked over by the human High King.
    It has the Lor'themar and Jaina team up.
    It has the bad warchief escaping at the end.
    It has the Alliance immediately forgiving the Horde for all the shit the Horde just did.
    It has the faction war fighting spreading to new lands with neutral people being dragged into it.
    It has the Horde civil war.
    It has the Alliance being goody two shoes who can do no wrong and have no real internal conflict.
    It has the draenei doing nothing.

How is BfA substantially different from MoP? It isn't. Blizzard just straight up lied to us.