Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Where's my compensation for balding in my 20s? An NPC in the barbershop is the least they could do.
    Where's our parade...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukachu View Post
    What happens when dry, sarcastic and dark humor is lost on the internet? You get banned. I imagine half the brits who ever tried to joke on mmochamp are now banned, wonder if there are stats on this somewhere. Would be funny to see the ratio of banned users from the UK vs other country's.
    That's probably why i see so few brit on most forums, i wouldnt be surprised if they do get banned for their humor ^^' But man are they fun to watch when they make youtube videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Imagine being that jellous that you rage at a child that had cancer.
    Jealous? Im not even playing the game anymore. She deserves no special treatment, thst is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Apparently, this is Make-a-Wish request for a 16 year old girl that survived cancer
    That may be the most selfish, and entitled post I’ve ever seen on a gaming website. Wow.

You should be ashamed of yourself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There is nothing you don't try and make ''jokes'' about in my eyes, and judging by other people's responses it was just as obvious to some that it was a joke, it's just that some people seem to look for reasons to be offended. Taking a simple ''off the collar'' dark joke and trying to twist it into some meaning that the person has serious mental or emotional issues just comes across as ignorant and reckless. As if you are trying to talk about a complicated subject of which you haven't the faintest clue about.

Joking about things (even dark things) can be a way for some to cope with the gravity of the situation, among hundreds of other healthy uses. They can be used to bring positivity and smiles to a scenario that might not normally call for it because they do not enjoy feeling down. I'm not claiming that the guy that made the joke was doing anything like that, but don't sit there on your high horse judging everybody else when you (seemingly) refuse to see anybody else's perspective but your own. Your morals are your own and not not made for you to throw around in people's faces. If you find it inappropriate that's fine, but what exactly is making a triggered post about it going to accomplish except make you feel better about your self?

What did you gain exactly with your comment? All you did was invite grief and conflict towards yourself which is what you mostly got. It makes one wonder what your actual goal was given that you have over 2k posts and I assume you understand how things work with this community.

TLDR: calm down and enjoy life not every little thing has to trigger you try to understand it before you condemn it.
    1) Jokes should be funny. And since "funny" is a subjective concept, you run the risk of people subjectively considering you "unfunny" as well. Them's the breaks.
    2) Comedians tell jokes in a controlled setting where the expectations have been set before people enter the room. Randos on the internet, or randos in any given social setting, do not have that same social agreement. Thus, you cannot draw some sort of correlation to the comedian ethos of "everything is fairplay".

TLDR: If you're going to break the social contract and make jokes about something most people consider inappropriate to joke about, it better fuckin' be funny or you will suffer for your alleged comedy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I agree with all you just said, but it's a 2 way street as well. Just because you don't find something funny or 'in good taste' doesn't make you the authority over such matters. Less so when you resort to insults as your method is displaying your distaste.

As for your 2nd point, also correct, but I would argue making a dark joke among 'gamers' on an online message board is the proper audience if there ever was one since the reputation for such people is as it is.
    I mean, how a person heckles the so-called comedian is up to the heckler, I spose. But the so-called comedian puts themselves up for this response by stepping into the spotlight and begging for the attention. Can't cry foul after that, I reckon.

The only thing mitigating this alleged joke is the fact it is also surrounded by legitimately mean-spirited statements and nonchalantly dickish ones too. So a joke, which may be intended to add levity to the situation (which, why not? she's still alive and she isn't dying, right?), is going to be lumped in with the real bastards in the crowd. But again, comedians are supposed to read the audience. A good comedian knows when to tell a joke, not just what joke to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Pirate View Post
    Unbelievable there are people who are envious about a 16 year old girl getting a mount from the make a wish foundation...
    I mean, that's an unfair advantage. She's baseline closer to any mount cheeve than anyone else...unless Blizz thought of that and made it not count.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has a lot of really good people working there. I may not play WoW anymore, but I appreciate how much they have done for charities. Hell, I was even surprised by a little gift package by them once when I was goi g through treatments. I got a box with a bunch of Hearthstone and WoW gear that I still use to this day along with a message from Samwise to "kick cancer's ass!". So I'm glad this girl got her mount. Cancer sucks. A lot of Make a Wish kids go to Disney, but she has a special mount now. So good for her

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I mean, that's an unfair advantage. She's baseline closer to any mount cheeve than anyone else...unless Blizz thought of that and made it not count.
    What does it matter. It's one fucking mount out of hundreds.

I say this as someone who's a mount collector, that's a drop in the pond. Unless you're going to be as anal as possible about "fairness", you gain no advantage from this.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That may be the most selfish, and entitled post I’ve ever seen on a gaming website. Wow.

You should be ashamed of yourself
    I think you replied to the wrong post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

If you're so desperate for free shit that you're envious of Make-a-Wish recipients, there's something seriously wrong with you.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    What does it matter. It's one fucking mount out of hundreds.

I say this as someone who's a mount collector, that's a drop in the pond. Unless you're going to be as anal as possible about "fairness", you gain no advantage from this.
    It matters as much as it matters that when I'm x99/x00 I log on my DK or Pally to get the cheeve since they have more mounts than other classes baseline If I was her then I could login at x98 lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Cancer and radiation poisoning are two different things, in this you'd still be more likely to get struck by lightning or even winning the lotto than beating whatever illness put you at deaths door AND getting chosen for Make-A-Wish.
    So what you're saying is I get to either die or get a mount. Sounds like a win-win to me.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I think if she survived it, then she should give it back.
    This is the best post I've ever read on this site and it definitely did not deserve ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I think if she survived it, then she should give it back.
    You are awesome person

It doesn't show up in the mount journal, I looked. Very strange. You sure that's not a private server then? I always thought the bengal one would be tan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

IMO the mount should have had a method for the masses to obtain it too. When they inevitably quit the game (or otherwise), the mount will once again be lost forever and nobody will see it again, which is incredibly selfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good portion of the thread lately has been sniping at each other over the appropriateness of their posts. Let's stop that.

Reminder: Making jokes about kids (or anyone) with cancer is not appropriate or OK.

Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how cool. This reminds me of the other rare mount that I happen to have (not as rare as this one) from an older version of Zul'Gurub: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=199...t-zulian-tiger I think I've seen two other people on Alleria-Khadgar that have it. Surely others have it too?