Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ah so the reputation doesn’t count towards the exalted reps achievement. Good, the Alliance can keep their ugly-ass bee mount then.

3+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Alliance has gotten the bigger WM bonus for the better half of the expansion (by far), they get free gear from AAO, they get extra honor from BGs, their racials are now slightly better than the Horde ones for raiding, Shadowmeld dominated M+, you got a unique mount model in PvP S1 from BfA and now you get an exclussive mount while all the Horde ones are also useable by the Alliance, in addition to another rep to make the collection achievement easier.

You're right, thank god the Alliance finally got something. Just try not to be biased for a millisecond, it'll do wonders.

Note: This is not a complaint about the bee mount being Alliance exclussive, there's plenty of mounts in the game, it's pointless to whine about the 1 not obtainable. I just can't help myself when I see people pretend like Blizzard is so grossly biased towards one faction, while being completely blind to their own.
    AOO got nerfed and is only useful for lazy alts if at all now.
    How are alliance racials better for raiding?
    Shadowmeld maybe dominated m+ tournaments because you can make preset characters. This shit is not replicated in live at all.

Also
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._the_underdog/

You have to be really blind to miss the horde bias over all these years.

You can grind this with alts, tho. That's what I'm doing. Park your alts at the spawn point of the daily rare and farm it overtime. No rush. No fuss. When you have collected enough to get to revered, buy the honey goggles and speed up the farm (if you want to wander around collecting the stuff). If not, just do the math and count how many jellies you need to befriend the bee and reach exalted with the hive. Save them for a human char, wait for a rep bonus event (like DMF) and turn everything in with 20% bonus.

Horde friends complaining about not being able to get a mount, while getting 3 unique ones while alliance got 3 horses and has to grind a tedious rep on top of that to get something cool. Yikers.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Horde friends complaining about not being able to get a mount, while getting 3 unique ones while alliance got 3 horses and has to grind a tedious rep on top of that to get something cool. Yikers.
    I hate insect mounts so im good anyways heck i didnt even get thet 1 million gold spider from legion i just don't like them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I hate insect mounts so im good anyways heck i didnt even get thet 1 million gold spider from legion i just don't like them at all.
    Yeah I agree. Those super expensive mounts are not worth at all. Also spiders are not insects.

Definitely not seeing the purported better jelly drops after hitting Honored. Not sure where that information is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Might be a bad time to say this, but the spider mount is 2 million gold

I wouldn't be pissed about the bee being Alliance exclusive if Kua'fon wasn't usable by the Alliance. But it is. So it's really fucked up to make the bee exclusive.

Before anyone mocks me for being a whiny Horde player, I play both factions with most of my characters being Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I’m a horde player that has been waiting forever for the bee mount, and that is extremely upset that it’s faction gated. I would have happily did the faction rep grind on my alt alliance toon just for the mount. You know, much like Alliance players get to do for BOTH of our faction exclusive mounts that aren’t even unique. Oh and also, don’t y’all get a chance to ride every single one of our rep mounts via alternate skin? That’s why some of us are mad. It’s insulting. Don’t bring your horses straw man argument either.
    Meh, the bee is a counterpart to the Horde bloodswarmer. Not really a strawman when all reps got reskins.

edit: Gryphons also cost 90k, compared to 12.5k.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-09-28 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Lul nice argument. There's as many wolves as horses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Meh, the bee is a counterpart to the Horde bloodswarmer. Not really a strawman when all reps got reskins.

edit: Gryphons also cost 90k, compared to 12.5k.
    No it’s not, since you can get that mount as a drop on your alliance toons if you want. No reskin for the bee for us.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

I'd have expected the jelly deposits to be ,... stuck on trees rather than on a patch of grass.
    Feels, odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    AOO got nerfed and is only useful for lazy alts if at all now.
    How are alliance racials better for raiding?
    Shadowmeld maybe dominated m+ tournaments because you can make preset characters. This shit is not replicated in live at all.

Also
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._the_underdog/

You have to be really blind to miss the horde bias over all these years.
    Doesn't change the fact that you get extra gear, even if it is just easier t ogear up alts a bit faster. The fact that it even offered competitive rewards at one point is laughable.

Racial = stronk = good for raiding? Not sure what's not to understand here. As I said, it's slightly, but they are better. It's due to the addition of allied races, as I'm sure you extrapollated.

Doesn't change the fact that it's the top racial for M+? If it was a Horde race, this would 100% be used as a case for Horde bias.

And yes, this gem of an image.

1: Devs boo'd Alliance players?
    2: Counterpoint, Alliance gets better allied race and PvP mounts. Not to mention that all Horde mounts are available to Alliance either way. I agree that the 3 horses were bad but it's cherrypicking a specific situation to try and make a case for bias.
    3: The Alliance equivelant has been added. Alliance got their winterspring saber in vanilla, Horde didn't get an equivelant until WotLK. I genuinly don't see any problem here.
    4: As the end of the war campaign is now revealed, Anduin releasing Saurfang saved the war, albeit indirectly. If Anduin didn't release him, it meant no rebellion, no Thrall, no joint forces between Alliance/Horde and Sylvanas being more likely to succeed. Pretending like the second cinematic wasn't relevant for Alliance is sticking your head in the sand as it was a pivetal moment, in which Anduin played a huge role. Also, the Legion cinematic was a Varian monologue, where was the Horde counterpart back then?
    5: See above. I think this is a relatively fair point, even if it's presented poorly.
    6: The buff that has been stronger for Alliance now for much longer than it has been for Horde?
    7: Again, insanely poorly made point. Being on the launcher =/= getting paid and the reason the Alliance players were booted is because they were lagging out the zone, no such reports were made about the Boralus raid, IIRC. Streamers are on the launcher frequently, one of them just happened to be raiding an Alliance city. This is such a gross misrepresentation of the whole situation.
    8: Okay. Raiding has been uneven in the past, as has high end PvP. I agree that it's a problem, cross-faction raiding would solve the problem. Especially as raiding has gotten more complex, while the player pool has gotten smaller.
    9: Horde who gets their warchief shit on the faction, followed by the Alliance High King giving a speech in their capital.. There's plenty of moments that feel bad for both factions.
    10: Ah, something 100% subjective, great point.

So basicly, your rep mounts were poor and player choice for Alliance players would be nice. You know, formulating it like this might actually get devs to pay attention to the request, instead of constantly misrepresenting things to try and make the situation look worse...

Horde gets Kua'fon (drop & quest for a month) that even Alliance can use - bitch and moan how unfair Blilzzard is to Alliance. Alliance gets faction mount - bitch and moan: don't want it, too much of a grind, how Horde got some unique factions models and they got horses (not even related). Let's find reasons to be bitter, the grass is always greener on the other side!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    They'll be a horde only mount soon to balance the crying out.
    99% chance the wasp mount will come but not sure if it will be horde only.
    they already have a model for wasp in game.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I wouldn't be pissed about the bee being Alliance exclusive if Kua'fon wasn't usable by the Alliance. But it is. So it's really fucked up to make the bee exclusive.

Before anyone mocks me for being a whiny Horde player, I play both factions with most of my characters being Alliance.

Considering the Horde has the Vol'Jin questline and Loyalists have one more to make sense of this bloody mess of a story, the Alliance getting an exclusive mount is totally fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Considering the Horde has the Vol'Jin questline and Loyalists have one more to make sense of this bloody mess of a story, the Alliance getting an exclusive mount is totally fair.
    The only Horde exclusive mount from a questline is a reskinned direhorn. The formerly exclusive flying mount can be used by Alliance now but the bee isn't usable by Horde. It's incredibly unfair.

People on Horde got two more flying mounts for 10k each while Alliance got horses. And the non-argument of "Kua'fon and Child of Torcali work on Alliance" only works IF people actually bother to do these quests, which only mount collectors do. Horde, please, stop thinking that you're the underdogs. Horde has been the more popular faction for quite a while now and the fact that all of Alliance's complaints are always about vanity items should've lead you to a thought that maybe you do get more stuff. And what do you even propose to do? If they make Honeyback Harvester usable by both factions, then you got two mounts, while Alliance got one. If they make Kua'fon and Child of Torcali only usable on Horde, then again, you got two mounts, and Alliance got one. Remembering, again, for a second, that y'all also got two flying mounts for 10k each while Alliance got horses for the same price, and also that BfA gave you three alive horses (not counting two mules) which people on Horde have been asking for as well, for some reason, two of which horses have Horde-exclusive armor, in no possible timeline you get less than the Alliance, and therefore you have no basis to feel wronged here.

People on Horde got two more flying mounts for 10k each while Alliance got horses. And your non-argument of "Kua'fon and child of torcali work on Alliance" only works IF people actually bother to do these quests, which only mount collectors do (especially Kua'fon, whose questline takes more than a month even if you do the dailies every day). Please, stop thinking that you're the underdog faction. Horde has been the more popular faction since TBC and the fact that all of Alliance's complaints are always about vanity items should've lead you to a thought that maybe you do get more stuff. Story and leaders is completely different topic.

And also, be more constructive. What would you want Blizzard to do? If they make Kua'fon and Child of Torcali Horde exclusive, then Alliance only gets one mount, while Horde gets two. If they make bee mount available to Horde, then the same applies -- Alliance gets one mount through long and boring grind, Horde gets two mounts through questchains, which is easier. And again, don't forget the point above about how Horde gets two more flying mounts, and also don't forget that in BfA Blizzard gave Horde two alive horses (the one from Stromgarde rare, which has a different model when you get it on Horde, and the one from "Two Sides to Every Story" achievement), and also introduced two neutral mules and one neutral alive horse into the game (Goldenmane), which Horde can now get. Those alive horses are important because Horde, for some reason, has been asking for them for a long time now, tired, I guess, of only riding Forsaken undead horses, while the Alliance never asked for the wolves nor for more horses. So, yet again, the mounts introduced in the game are made with Horde in mind in the first place, while Alliance is the afterthought. In conclusion: there is no possible timeline where Horde gets less stuff. You don't get to feel wronged here.