Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Reports coming out Ironman features in Black Widow's movie.

So as predicted disney are gonna use those image rights for all their worth even just one film after end game. And its fine because ROADDDDD TRIP decade jumping!

They just want all the cake and to eat it too.

They could have let it breathe a bit so you know theres actual stakes in these films that we're gonna keep getting for the next 10 years
    OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE USING IRONMAN IN BW, WHY DON'T THEY LET DEAD CHARACTERS STAY DEAD WHAT MILKING!

...they say about a movie with BLACK WIDOW. Who, you know, IS ALSO DEAD.

You know what they'd have said if Ironman hadn't been in this?

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE NOT SHOWING TONY STARK IN BW, WHY DON'T THEY CARE ABOUT CONTINUITY WHAT CHEAPASSERY!

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE USING IRONMAN IN BW, WHY DON'T THEY LET DEAD CHARACTERS STAY DEAD WHAT MILKING!

...they say about a movie with BLACK WIDOW. Who, you know, IS ALSO DEAD.

You know what they'd have said if Ironman hadn't been in this?

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE NOT SHOWING TONY STARK IN BW, WHY DON'T THEY CARE ABOUT CONTINUITY WHAT CHEAPASSERY!
    I think this post needed more capital letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Welcome Spidey back to the MCU for 2 more films. One will be another in the Homecoming series and the other is presumed to be a crossover.
    It's actually a bit more interesting than that.

It also allows Sony to utilize Tom Holland in Spiderverse movies, which is the bigger news here.
    To me this is win/win.

I am when they link to articles that speculate instead of sticking to the facts.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...an-1203351489/
    Then why didn't you link that in the first place.

That was already going to happen once they broke ties with the MCU, the MCU just concedes they have that ability now so they don't lose one of their bigger characters. So, really, this is just news that he'll be back in the MCU at this point(in addition to already being planned for the Sony films).
    His use in Sony movies was a bit of a point of contention as well as Kevin Feige being involved in the next of the Homecoming series, Disney got a 20% revenue bump on Spidey MCU movies. I'm more interested in Spiderman as relates to Spiderverse, but I'm happy he is remaining in the Marvel side as well because way too much was set up to be able to just extract him without making a giant mess.

That's why it's win-win.

That was the shortest break up ever.

Now Jon Favreau can tell everyone "told you so."

Go back and look at Tom Holland interviews post-break. He was signed on for more movies and excited to keep playing the character.
    Well of course he wouldn't bad mouth his boss. lol Sony is primarily his boss, he's just on lend to MCU/Disney, but his contract is with Sony. He's not stupid like Andrew Garfield and he apparently enjoys his job, unlike Andrew Garfield who didn't want to be type cast but hasn't done anything notable since Amazing Spider-man 2 anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That was the shortest break up ever.
    Probably because it was never a break up... The only problem here was that the story got leaked/reported half way through. Everyone was freaking out that negotiations had broken down, when they were still in the freakin process.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Probably because it was never a break up... The only problem here was that the story got leaked/reported half way through. Everyone was freaking out that negotiations had broken down, when they were still in the freakin process.
    It had seemed like a foregone conclusion when Kevin Feige made official comments on it. I don't think they were still in the process, Sony came back to the negotiating table with a new offer and Disney was willing to listen since it put them in a position to profit more. If Sony never extended the new offer, I don't think they would have reached a new agreement, it didn't seem like Disney was too broken up over it, letting Sony have all the bad PR.

10+ Year Old Account
    It had seemed like a foregone conclusion when Kevin Feige made official comments on it.
    Except that he only HAD to make an official statement, because by that point everyone knew. He was just sorting out rumours, at that point.

The interesting question then becomes... IF this had all been conducted behind closed doors, and IF there hadn't been such blowback at Sony, would they have proposed the new deal?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Except that he only HAD to make an official statement, because by that point everyone knew. He was just sorting out rumours, at that point.

The interesting question then becomes... IF this had all been conducted behind closed doors, and IF there hadn't been such blowback at Sony, would they have proposed the new deal?
    Probably not, as they would have likely been happy maintaining 100% of the profits. HOWEVER, even Sony must have been nervous to sole produce the third Holland Spider-man. That bad PR was going to haunt them come release date from the MCU fans. Now Disney gets to finish the story it started, and Sony still gets to keep 100% of the profits from their own Multiverse movies. They just have to share 30% of first top dollar earnings, which if the third movie ends up making a billion, and it likely will, is not bad at all. Everyone wins.

I'm assuming the release of the info was PART of the negotiation, but that's just an unfounded opinion (that's probably true).

Like the Deadpool accidental footage release...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    They just have to share 30% of first top dollar earnings, which if the third movie ends up making a billion, and it likely will, is not bad at all. Everyone wins.
    Indeed. And as Marvel are also putting some money in to MAKE the movie, it seems like a win/win/win. Sony win, Marvel win, and most importantly, the FANS win.

Now, can we all stop throwing blame around? Things got real ugly, real fast when this shit kicked off. Was depressing to see how quickly people took sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm assuming the release of the info was PART of the negotiation, but that's just an unfounded opinion (that's probably true).
    That is some straight up Machiavellian shit, if true. Which, honestly, is about Disney's level. So sure, why not?

Marvel and Games Workshop just announced partnership to make Warhammer 40K comics.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/

- - - Updated - - -

I'm worried though that Disney will try change what makes 40k 40k but we'll see.

Imagine seeing Roboute Guilliman leading the avengers in some strange crossover though
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-10-01 at 12:33 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm... I'm so torn right now.

I LOVE the idea of potentially getting Horus Heresy comics, or some really great backstory and Lore for 40k.

But I'm worried that they'll try to sterilize the grimness of the universe.

Fingers crossed they put great writers on it, people like Hickman, Ewing or Aaron. Writers who have shown they can balance these kinds of tale.

I'm... I'm so torn right now.

I LOVE the idea of potentially getting Horus Heresy comics, or some really great backstory and Lore for 40k.

But I'm worried that they'll try to sterilize the grimness of the universe.

Fingers crossed they put great writers on it, people like Hickman, Ewing or Aaron. Writers who have shown they can balance these kinds of tale.
    Yeah man I feel the same this have the potential to be amazing but at the same time Disney, when I hear 40k Disney is the last thing I would think about.

And I like the writers you named there is also Dan Abnett who's been writing for both marvel and dc with series like guardians of the galaxy, the punisher and aquaman etc etc.

We will have to wait and see first comics should be out 2020 sometime so not that far off.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah man I feel the same this have the potential to be amazing but at the same time Disney, when I hear 40k Disney is the last thing I would think about.

And I like the writers you named there is also Dan Abnett who's been writing for both marvel and dc with series like guardians of the galaxy, the punisher and aquaman etc etc.

We will have to wait and see first comics should be out 2020 sometime so not that far off.
    Dan Abnett is a beast writer. If he can keep the feel of his Black Library books in the Marvel comics i'd probably actually buy some new comics for the first time in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Dan Abnett is a beast writer. If he can keep the feel of his Black Library books in the Marvel comics i'd probably actually buy some new comics for the first time in 10 years.
    Yeah for sure, interesting times ahead this is a pretty huge deal and 40K/GW is on a roll atm with a lot of stuff on the way, guess their change in leadership and stuff payed off let's just hope this works out.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Marvel and Games Workshop just announced partnership to make Warhammer 40K comics.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/

- - - Updated - - -

I'm worried though that Disney will try change what makes 40k 40k but we'll see.

Imagine seeing Roboute Guilliman leading the avengers in some strange crossover though
    It seems unlikely they would change much given that marvel isn’t shy of doing some extreme things. The will of iron comics were great so I’m really looking forward to more 40k comics.