Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Weren't we supposed to get Flying Vehicles back in Wintergrasp but it was scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Weren't we supposed to get Flying Vehicles back in Wintergrasp but it was scrapped?
    Instead, they went for the childish path finder BS...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Flying combat was a feature on the box for wotlk that never happened because it just wont work in wow. So if they knew back in wotlk that trying to get flying combat working would be a S#$@ show what makes you think it will be any better especially with how hard blizzard wants to get rid of flying so they don't have to put in as much effort in making the world.
    Tht was 2007/2008, we are in 2019/2020 soon, their tech wasn't as good as it is now. Sure they could figure things like that out by now -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Tht was 2007/2008, we are in 2019/2020 soon, their tech wasn't as good as it is now. Sure they could figure things like that out by now -.-
    Air battles would be fun.

So.. does the expansion start off with us learning how to use the power of voice? "Fus!" "Fus ro!" "FUS RO DAH!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Leaks from where?
    All these "leaks" are coming from the same place. Someone's ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite enjoyed that one lance quest in cataclysm.. with those vultures
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    All these "leaks" are coming from the same place. Someone's ass.
    Sounds like a dirty place to find leaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the leak I read talked about how we'll get the option to step between the real world and the void. That way blizzard only has to make 1 landmass with 5 zones for it to feel like 10 unique zones.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

You know what is better than aerial combat? No flying.

They just have to make the zones good, and not a fucking mace that seems to be their goal the last few expansions. Then ground mounts works just fine, and we got a gazillion flightpaths anyways.

Perhaps it's time to give us ground mounts that can run faster than 100%, lets say 150%, pretty sure the Heroes of Azeroth blah blah blah can handle a quick horse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by letsdothat View Post
    Instead, they went for the childish path finder BS...
    That's two entirely different things, Wintergrasp was a outdoors battleground with vehicles. Pathfinder is just something that forces you to actually play the game before you skip it on your flying mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    This isn't a leak. This is your theory crafting for an obscure feature.
    Actually there was a leak at one time that had most of this in it.

I cant express how much I dont like this gimmick.
    I dont want my Dwarf Warrior to turn into a Dragon for some kind of weird left field shit. I just want to wail on stuff with a variety of weapons. I hate to be that guy, but it feels like it takes away from my character when instead of being "Superhuman Dwarf Berserker" I'am now: "Were-Dragon that sometimes hits stuff with his axe."
    lame lame lame

We had some examples of areal combat, i believe first time in wotlk. Good lord, it was so annoying I'd say nope. 3axis areal combat just doesn't work without FPP and some kind of aim/crosshair. Targetting system in wow would just make it annoying and unfun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Remember trying to fight in Vashj'ir, especially as a melee? That's what flying combat would've been like. Or worse. Remember the quest in the goblin starting area when you pilot the plane to shoot down the Alliance? Can't stop cause planes can't hover, have to keep moving.

nonsense. there r some things blizzney simply cant (and wont) do. ever tried vehicle combat? or tournament mounted combat?

I couldnt think of anything worse for the game than flying combat. absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Verdict View Post
    nonsense. there r some things blizzney simply cant (and wont) do. ever tried vehicle combat? or tournament mounted combat?
    Maybe this enough will make me wanna play Ascent: Infinite Realm when it comes out. Hopefully I can finally stop caring about WoW so much.

WoW works really bad with anything that involves Z axis. Millions of bugs were introduced by adding DH who can double jump and glide. I can only imagine how terrible it would be with flying combat. They have to remake whole game engine as well as the game itself to work with Z axis. So I dont believe it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    They wanted to do aerial combat a long time ago, but they realized people can't deal with three-dimensional positioning and orientation, so any such plans were scrapped, and the only thing even remotely like that we got was Vashjir, which was a three-dimensional space but 99% of the time you still just hugged the ocean floor.
    I loved Vashjir, but i really cant help to remember the horror of Occulus or Malygos.

But what can you expect if many people cant even handle the two dimensions they have to mind right now.

I don't believe it. The game and classes are not designed to play like this.