Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    I'm starting to think this is Medivh. In the recent events, we learn that Wrathion seeks a way to protect the Dragonflights from the corrupting voices of N'zoth, and he ends up in Karazhan, where Medivh helps him.
    Maybe N'zoth is counting on Medivh doing something and end up as another pawn, like Magni?
    A lot of these actually end up more literal than everyone thinks.

Lord of Ravens. Ravenholdt Manor. Wrathion.

Wrathion wants to activate the Forge of Origination.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Man whatever else people say about the lore, the fact that people have had countless speculation sessions on what those words mean, and years later we STILL aren't sure, really says something right?

All I know is used to never care about lore in this game at all.
    When I heard all the speculation around Ilgynoth, a seemingly random boss in one of the easiest raids ever, it was like the switch was flipped.

Now I can't get enough of the old god stuff!
    The one redeeming factor in a fairly unimpressive story, such as BfA's, is all the Old Gods shenanigans, that comes all the way back to C'thun in Vanilla. I'm such a disgusting sucker for everything Lovecraftian
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    A lot of these actually end up more literal than everyone thinks.

Lord of Ravens. Ravenholdt Manor. Wrathion.

Wrathion wants to activate the Forge of Origination.
    Jaroch Ravenholdt still exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin already told at a lie....
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogmot%27s_Dream_Journal
    He tells himself he is bound to throne of leading the whole of the Alliance when in actuality he doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Anduin already told at a lie....
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogmot%27s_Dream_Journal
    He tells himself he is bound to throne of leading the whole of the Alliance when in actuality he doesn't have to.
    That is not a lie if he feels that way

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably has already been mentioned, but I'm personally a fan of the five world trees = five torches interpretation. Especially since there's only one left and wonky stuff has been happening there.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.
    The Circle of Stars is the prison of N'zoth, in the depths of the ocean.

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    N'zoth manipulated Magni and us to use the Hearth to release him.

I'm starting to think this is Medivh. In the recent events, we learn that Wrathion seeks a way to protect the Dragonflights from the corrupting voices of N'zoth, and he ends up in Karazhan, where Medivh helps him.
    Maybe N'zoth is counting on Medivh doing something and end up as another pawn, like Magni?

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    This is still a mystery to me. It seems to refer to Anduin, and probably means that he's another pawn, but I don't recall anything in particular that could be considered a lie.

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it. First time we heard this we though it meant Azeroth. Now I'm pretty sure it meant Sylvannas. Since her death, over the years, she sees how all she loved is lost: her homeland, Silvermoon; her sisters' love; her hope to savethe Forsaken from extintion.
    Seems like she found something that led her to the Old Gods and some promises we still don't know.

Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    Xal'atath refers to us as "the Opener... the Bringer of Truths... the Torch That Lights the Way!".
    Opener: as in we use the Heart of Azeroth (the key) to open N'zoth's prison.
    Bringer of Truths: as in freeing N'zoth we lead to Sylvannas revealing the truth, that she plotted with Azshara to start a war and use us all to free N'zoth.
    The torches are not things like we though. They are people.

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.
    Helya is the only one that comes to mind that she already died twice and is still around.

[B]From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.
    Probably Wrathion.

Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.
    X'era, or maybe another naaru we'd meet in the future.
    He was the one that told me about the bee mount..and my ex wife cheating on me.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    I have started wondering if this can have something to do with the Five Dragonflights uniting their power in the Heart of Azeroth as well.
    I think the 5 keys are 5 different relics that we have been using through out WoW's history. It's obvious the Heart of Azeroth is one of the keys, what if the Legendary Cape in pandaria is another and are artifact weapons? What if every time we used them to stop evil they were a key being turned?

- - - Updated - - -

I just had an insane thought... What if Slyvannas' boss who is Death with a capital D, is actually Yogg-Saron! Yogg spoke to Arthas and made him become the Undead Lich King, and so Yogg is on the side of death. Yogg refers to himself as "The God of Death"! Maybe all of this is leading towards Yogg making Slyvannas the Lich Queen? Maybe this is all one giant Old Gold civil war we are caught up in the middle of?!

What is the most likely scenario from me realizing this, and it being true is ALL of the old gods are teaming up to take over Azeroth (the planet). They're devouring souls of the dead to be awoken and made flesh again, and the battle for azeroth met that goal. Shadowlands xpac will be us in the land of the dead fighting old gods and undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This could refer to Anduin as well. Especially when we consider that this line is also referencing him: "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you." Anduin is too good to be true, to perfect. That makes him susceptible for corruption (through the Void).
    it's neither, that qoute refers to azeroth itself.
    see since wrath we've known that the surface and only some of the crust is where we can live, because any deeper and you start waking up the endless teeming hordes of the still sleeping faceless.
    this is confirmed at the dwarven digsite in the southern barrens, the cave in icecrown at the top of the mountain in the middle, and the twilight highlands.

Man whatever else people say about the lore, the fact that people have had countless speculation sessions on what those words mean, and years later we STILL aren't sure, really says something right?

All I know is used to never care about lore in this game at all.
    When I heard all the speculation around Ilgynoth, a seemingly random boss in one of the easiest raids ever, it was like the switch was flipped.

Now I can't get enough of the old god stuff!
    This. I must say, good work from Blizz. WoW lore is like the game, easy to learn, hard to master...

To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.
    The Circle of Stars is the prison of N'zoth, in the depths of the ocean.

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    N'zoth manipulated Magni and us to use the Hearth to release him.

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    This is still a mystery to me. It seems to refer to Anduin, and probably means that he's another pawn, but I don't recall anything in particular that could be considered a lie.

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it. First time we heard this we though it meant Azeroth. Now I'm pretty sure it meant Sylvannas. Since her death, over the years, she sees how all she loved is lost: her homeland, Silvermoon; her sisters' love; her hope to savethe Forsaken from extintion.
    Seems like she found something that led her to the Old Gods and some promises we still don't know.

Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    Xal'atath refers to us as "the Opener... the Bringer of Truths... the Torch That Lights the Way!".
    Opener: as in we use the Heart of Azeroth (the key) to open N'zoth's prison.
    Bringer of Truths: as in freeing N'zoth we lead to Sylvannas revealing the truth, that she plotted with Azshara to start a war and use us all to free N'zoth.
    The torches are not things like we though. They are people.

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.
    Helya is the only one that comes to mind that she already died twice and is still around.

[B]From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.
    Probably Wrathion.

Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.
    X'era, or maybe another naaru we'd meet in the future.
    Just to weigh in:
    “Lord of Ravens” I believe to be Ravenholdt. This will tie into “her 3rd death” as he will be used to assassinate someone, thereby “turning the key” and causing her death to usher in the Old Gods. (Little more on that later)
    Boy King most likely refers to Anduin. He has been called such in game, as well as someone else pointing out the Master’s table being the supreme elements of Void, Death, etc. and Anduin being a servant of the Light. The lies are more obscure as the prophecy refers to “you” and that applies to Horde and Alliance and would have to be something that he tells each faction. I don’t remember his dialogue in Pandaria, but one of the lies could have been then, with another being the peace he seeks between Horde and Alliance. The second seems likely as Saurfang mentions 1,000 years to breach the hatred while Anduin seems to push for it and speak of it almost immediately. Twisting words (prophecies do that) could mean this second part is one of the 3 lies.
    Her heart I think references Alleria. During your quest to assist her in controlling the Void, she is shown visions of her loves dead in front of her. In order to control the Void, she has to push these visions aside, figuratively emptying her heart of her love for her family and making it a crater, while the Void then fills it. (Bear with this a little longer).
    “Five keys” has probably already happened and refers to the Azshara fight. There are 4 Titan consoles in the room and the HoA equaling 5 keys that light the way.
    “Her third death” comes back to Alleria. She has mentioned that she already feels she has died twice, as well as others stating another example is her first death was when she disappeared and was presumed dead with her second death being embracing the Void. Her 3rd death comes back to something happening causing her to lose control of the Void, Ravenholdt assassinating her, and her 3rd death being the release of the Void energies in her that allows the Old Gods to free themselves. (Another take would be Ravenholdt assassinating Arator and possibly Turalyon and that being Alleria’s figurative 3rd death).
    Quick follow up, I just saw someone else’s post and think Ravenholdt could potentially be replaced with Nathanos (leader of the Forsaken Raven banners) and him killing Arator or Alleria in protecting Syl.
    “It’s surface” I have no clue, but I like the theories of the Well.

Doesn't say anything other than that Blizzard have put vague words that no one can truly understand into the game. Says about as much as my dog speaking to me in sign language.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    it's neither, that qoute refers to azeroth itself.
    see since wrath we've known that the surface and only some of the crust is where we can live, because any deeper and you start waking up the endless teeming hordes of the still sleeping faceless.
    this is confirmed at the dwarven digsite in the southern barrens, the cave in icecrown at the top of the mountain in the middle, and the twilight highlands.
    The good is, we just don't know. Can be my explanation, can be yours - that's the good about Ilgynoth, until it's revealed it's hard to know what they mean. Some were very clear "Diamond King" yet others are very vague.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again