Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    im not surprised people are not running dungeons
    im lvl 47 and so far iv only done stockades and rfd

couple of times i was trying to do SM but it takes ages to get group formed and even longer for everyone to get to dungeon entrance

last time over an hour has passed since i joined the party and zoned into armory but tank left after couple of mobs fallowed by dps
    it felt really great to waste so much time only to get stuck with HS on cd in horde territory

also during that time i could instead actually play the game instead of being afk or alttabbed while flying
    This is level 60 tho... where you need to do dungeons to get gear for raids. Dungeons pretty much are the game at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This is level 60 tho... where you need to do dungeons to get gear for raids. dungeons pretty much are the game at this point.
    it still is a lot of wasted time even if you are already done with questing

so a lot of people just quit when they get 60 or they roll another class

personally i dont plan to do any raids or dungeons at 60 im going back to retail or a different game for a while

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    It's almost like we need some kind of dungeon-matching system -- a "Looking for Group" finder, that would match miscellaneous tanks, DPS, and healers for dungeons.
    Get out of here with your smart and useful solutions to problems.

People like to sit in IF/Org for hours doing nothing. It's so fun!

Sheesh what a wrathbaby!

(This was sarcasm, overzealous mods)
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-09-29 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    spell scaling did not exist

What do you mean by spell scaling? It's been bothering me that some people have been throwing around spell scaling trying to imply spells scale with level in vanilla/classic. They don't. Spells scale with spell rank and have a spell damage/healing coefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    I can’t believe we’re at a point where this is an unironic complaint.
    it's like we're caught in a time-warp since classic came out.
    fucking even hoverboards are a real thing now, welcome to the future set in the past.

There are way too many healers...... on your realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What do you mean by spell scaling? It's been bothering me that some people have been throwing around spell scaling trying to imply spells scale with level in vanilla/classic. They don't. Spells scale with spell rank and have a spell damage/healing coefficient.
    Some spells scale with your level, look for example at arcane missiles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hmmm..could be many things...the time of day or - despite what ppl claim how Classic was the true time where people were social - too many still dislike 5 mans or group content (I know I disliked it even in Classic and pretty late got into raiding)
    Or they dislike an idea of spending 2-4 hours to do a dungeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Some spells scale with your level, look for example at arcane missiles

- - - Updated - - -

Or they dislike an idea of spending 2-4 hours to do a dungeon
    I just tested it out, removed all my gear, I'm level 60 ofc. Arcane missiles doesn't scale with your level you're wrong.

Arcane missiles scales with SP, rather poorly tho and it obviously scales with spell rank. At rank 1 it last for 3 secs, rank 2 lasts for 4 and beginning with rank 3 lasts for 5 seconds.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-09-29 at 11:24 AM.

There are definitely more healers in classic than there were in vanilla. I'm noticing it, too.
    That being said what kind of deadass servers are you playing on where even healers can't find a group?! As a 52 priest it's only slightly worse than it was back in the day.
    Last edited by Fumu; 2019-09-29 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, Paladin and Druid. Warrior is the go to class, best overall tank from Deadmines to Naxxamas. But the worst leveling class overall too. Until a critical mass of warriors reach 60, finding people will always be hard.
    Debatable. Druid is actually a more solid tank for dungeons pre 60.
    -K

It's so hard getting a group as a pally/priest/druid/shaman if ur not a heal spec, that's just the nature of it unfortunately.

You are right but also wrong. Believe me, i played a while in vanilla with the default ui, because i simply didn't know anything: not keybinding, not addons, not anything. It's naturally a matter of experience, but also not. Like said above: raiding with the default-ui, but also with the uis that were available was horrible. Especially at the beginning, where you healed with the 4 party menbers at the side: it's bad back then, and bad today, because of this, nearly everyone use at least the raid-ui. And don't let us talk about the vanilla raid UI, that was simply not usable.

And compared to the unit frames we have today, back then it was CT-Raid and... yes that was it. And ct-raid was a bad user interface. Don't misunderstand me: back then it was perfect, but as you said, you can't compare things back then and now.

I think it is a very good point, because the UIs we have now are much, MUCH better than ct-raid; and don't forget that at the beginning there was nothing, so yes, having a good user interface makes healing much much easier than back in Vanilla.

And because of this, many people more now simply does healing, because it's not an utterly bad experience as it was back then.
    Didn't you hardly need these with healbot and decursive?

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    It's almost like we need some kind of dungeon-matching system -- a "Looking for Group" finder, that would match miscellaneous tanks, DPS, and healers for dungeons.
    I know, right! It’s almost like retail isn’t as bad as people make it out to be, and the quality of life improvements they added to the game made it better! Who knew!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Debatable. Druid is actually a more solid tank for dungeons pre 60.
    Not really that debatable though the nerf to aoe threat did hurt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    It's so hard getting a group as a pally/priest/druid/shaman if ur not a heal spec, that's just the nature of it unfortunately.
    Not true at all, as a Paladin I've been asked to Tank/Heal/DPS. Dunno what server the dude is on for there to be "too many healers".

Also imo the knowledge that everyone has now leads to people trying to min/max. Look at the OP, they initially rolled a Priest, then moved onto a Mage.

Warrior/Priest/Mage/Rogue are considered the 'meta' but with so many people choosing cuz they hear "this is the best" I bet the real issue is OP didn't expect as many people to play Priests which means he's gonna have shit luck gearing up in raids with 6-7 other Priests in the group.

I think a lot of people will realize this once they get to max and realize how little loot drops from raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I just tested it out, removed all my gear, I'm level 60 ofc. Arcane missiles doesn't scale with your level you're wrong.

Arcane missiles scales with SP, rather poorly tho and it obviously scales with spell rank. At rank 1 it last for 3 secs, rank 2 lasts for 4 and beginning with rank 3 lasts for 5 seconds.
    go level a new mage up to rank 1 arcane missiles, then compare their damage to rank 1 on your level 60 toon, then go back and look stupid. They do scale with level, you stripping off your gear don't make your level go down.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-09-29 at 02:05 PM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Hmmm..could be many things...the time of day or - despite what ppl claim how Classic was the true time where people were social - too many still dislike 5 mans or group content (I know I disliked it even in Classic and pretty late got into raiding)
    I think that most people load up on the quests and then it is one and done as well. That is what i do anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which...at the end of the day...was what turned me off back then. I think I did Sunken Temple once...what a nightmare. Never understood why we couldn't have maps in 5 mans (well, guess it has to do with exploring). The LBRS and UBRS runs were actually kind of awesome, but I did them on weekends, where I basically told my family I would be unavailable.

As I said, I eventually got into raids, which worked, because it was 2-3 hrs, set aside at hours that worked with my RL and we started and finished on time.
    Yeah, i only do dungeons with my friends, there is just too much bullshit when you pug dungeons. But even then these runs (sometimes) drag out to ridiculous amounts of time because "oh wait lemme grab a quest", or "i forget to repair my gear" or "i forget the mallet in bank" or dying because of some ridiculous shit like playing a game of "who is winning on threat"

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Does a thread need some dedicated reason to exist other than just discussion?
    But that’s the thing. I’m not really sure what the discussion is about in this thread. What are we really discussing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    go level a new mage up to rank 1 arcane missiles, then compare their damage to your level 60 toon, then go back and look stupid. They do scale with level, you stripping off your gear don't make your level go down.
    First i checked classic db spells to confirm the value I had in my spellbook, then I did exactly what you said because i have another lvl 10 mage. Yes, I confirmed your stupidity thoroughly.