Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify, you are able to switch sides, right? As in, if you started as a Banshee Loyalist back in 8.1 you could still change to a Horde Loyalist after seeing her true colors?

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Just to clarify, you are able to switch sides, right? As in, if you started as a Banshee Loyalist back in 8.1 you could still change to a Horde Loyalist after seeing her true colors?
    Did you miss the part where it said once you made this choice there was no going back, and you clicked a button and agreed to it?

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Yes and no. You can choose to beat up Eitrigg to stick with her or join him and the Alliance... I mean the Honorable Horde. I don't know if it works the other way cause I'm not an Alliance wannabe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I approached it on my main was that, he HATES the Alliance. Absolutely detests them, and he believes in the Horde. He thought that Saurfang had made a tragic mistake and that the best thing we could do was to rally behind Sylvanas to ensure the future of the Horde, and to hope the rebels saw the light.

After the events outside Orgrimmar, his entire world view came crashing down as he realised he had been duped. He did go to Windfury spire to see if this was some cunning strategy or plan by Sylvanas, only to find out that no, she really did never care for the Horde and simply wants to kill everyone.

So after this, he is done with Sylvanas. He will never trust the Alliance, ever, but he files like a complete fool for trusting the banshee and is a bit worried people will figure out what he was doing during the Fourth War.

So that's my approach. I guess everyone has their own.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGnosis View Post
    Did you miss the part where it said once you made this choice there was no going back, and you clicked a button and agreed to it?
    I haven't gotten to BfA yet, I just want to make sure that when I do get to it, I don't make a choice that is permanent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The way I approached it on my main was that, he HATES the Alliance. Absolutely detests them, and he believes in the Horde. He thought that Saurfang had made a tragic mistake and that the best thing we could do was to rally behind Sylvanas to ensure the future of the Horde, and to hope the rebels saw the light.

After the events outside Orgrimmar, his entire world view came crashing down as he realised he had been duped. He did go to Windfury spire to see if this was some cunning strategy or plan by Sylvanas, only to find out that no, she really did never care for the Horde and simply wants to kill everyone.

So after this, he is done with Sylvanas. He will never trust the Alliance, ever, but he files like a complete fool for trusting the banshee and is a bit worried people will figure out what he was doing during the Fourth War.

So that's my approach. I guess everyone has their own.
    That would actually make a good canonical route to closing the bifurcation that now exists in the story, with Loyalists and Rebels who choose Sylvanas or Saurfang respectively. Just have the Loyalist Champion (or a meaningful representative NPC) came back to the Horde and whoever it's Warchief or leader(s) turn out to be, and basically offer contrite apology for siding with the Banshee Queen and speak to what little of her next plans Sylvanas lets drop in the Loyalist cut-scene. Could even have the Champion RP it in-game if they were canonically a Loyalist, otherwise they're just in attendance in the meeting when the former Loyalist returns to spill the beans on Sylvanas' next steps.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    This discussion made me realize that the loyalist PCs (or rather those who plan to be loyal to her beyond the war campaign) are most similar to the recently risen Night elves. At this point, we're her planted spies and standing agents. I imagine we'll see the pay off in 8.3.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I imagine we'll see the pay off in 8.3.
    Yes, we will get to see her betray us from the first row.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, we will get to see her betray us from the first row.
    But we're loot hobos. If we get shinies it's all okay, right?
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

My main is a blood elf Demon Hunter, so I did what was felt in character for her and joined the loyalist side. As a DH, she is very much about the ends justifying the means and kind of wants to believe in authority in this new and confusing world she's been thrust into, especially with the legion threat dealt with for the time being at least. She really doesn't feel qualified to make a decision either way since she lacks the context that those who were in Azeroth the past few decades have, just knows that betraying your boss is bad.

Never said she is the smartest tool in the shed, especially since fel and death are kind of incompatible. But she will follow Sylvanas for longer if given the chance, since everyone else seems to not really have a plan and merely react to stuff. She does have her limits though, so she might still change her mind if this becomes a bit too deathly.

Doesn't really have an issue with Sylvanas helping Azshara free N'Zoth, though. Letting stuff out of containment so you can properly kill it is pretty close to what the DHs would do.

Well if you renounce your loyalties you are begrudgingly allowed back in.

If not I get to watch you get paraded through the city in chains, and buy some gross fruit from the brawler's guild to throw at you.

So I'd say this is the best outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Modern Horde is indeed worth nothing. After their reaction on arresting Baine they lost my sympathy.
    Pretty much this. I want nothing to do with the Horde that exists in BFA. Our leaders have been written inconsistently, OOC, and stupid just to appeal to the idea of unification. Lor’themar thinks Baine is the best thing about the Horde? Really? The guy who has literally never been shown doing anything that wasn’t beneficial to Anduin or Jaina?

Speaking of... remember how part of the Horde war campaign was to KILL Jaina for assaulting Dazaralor and having a hand in killing Rastakhan? Then half a patch later all of our leaders are working with her and we’re forced to as well. Then went from point A to point B in breakneck speed and it’s jarring. Maybe it could have been more believable if it was built up better but I can’t see how Zandalari would be cool with us just dragging them into a war, their king getting killed for allying with us, and then the Horde just forgets and is BFFs with Jaina.

The Horde is a pathetic reskinning of the Alliance and I want nothing to do with it. If the Horde was strong it wouldn’t need to keep asking the Alliance for help every time they have some internal problems. This expansion absolutely killed any pride I felt being a Horde player. I hope Sylvanas makes a new faction and I never have to hear about fuckin honor again. At this point the only thing she’s done wrong is say a dismissive thing about the faction. Oh nooooo! So bad!

As a Forsaken player, they have yet to give me a reason to turn on her. I don’t care that she killed the DC, I don’t care that friendly fire killed some of our troops at Lordaeron, I don’t care that she raised a fucking Proudmoore to be a weapon, and I certainly don’t give a shit that she said some “mean” words to Saurfang who left the Horde and had to be pep talked into fighting for it by Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post

Speaking of... remember how part of the Horde war campaign was to KILL Jaina for assaulting Dazaralor and having a hand in killing Rastakhan? Then half a patch later all of our leaders are working with her and we’re forced to as well. Then went from point A to point B in breakneck speed and it’s jarring. Maybe it could have been more believable if it was built up better but I can’t see how Zandalari would be cool with us just dragging them into a war, their king getting killed for allying with us, and then the Horde just forgets and is BFFs with Jaina.
    Something to remember... Rastakhan had not yet allied with the Horde. That only happened AFTER the alliance invaded the city and Talanji was elevated to Queen.

Alliance PoV viewed the Zandalari as already in with the horde, at worst, or possibly allying in the near future at best... but their game plan at Dazar'alor was to lay down an ultimatum as though they had the upper hand in any capacity beyond that they invaded the city.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Something to remember... Rastakhan had not yet allied with the Horde. That only happened AFTER the alliance invaded the city and Talanji was elevated to Queen.

Alliance PoV viewed the Zandalari as already in with the horde, at worst, or possibly allying in the near future at best... but their game plan at Dazar'alor was to lay down an ultimatum as though they had the upper hand in any capacity beyond that they invaded the city.
    Yes but I don't get why Talanji ignores the fact that Horde doesn't let her avenge father.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    It makes no sense for anyone outside of possibly a Forsaken or (stretching a bit) a Death Knight to continue siding with Sylvanas after she revealed she cared nothing for the Horde. Its one thing to be loyal to Sylvanas as she was the Warchief, but she pretty much abandoned that position.

5+ Year Old Account
    I RPed my main character as a Sylvanas' loyalist because he (my char) thinks that we are fighting a bigger war. My char (and so did I) never believed that Sylvanas has cared about the Horde, so he didn't get surprised with her reaction.

"I chose Sylvanas, because in my dreams she's my waifu!"

Let's see what Blizzard comes up with, even if none of the story is great. Still have to laught about Tyrande's "dramatic" "empowerment" and then not being able to simply wipe the floor with Sylvanas' lapdog and two Valkyrs. So anticlimactic...
    Btw, my Alliance main from Vanilla is exalted with the Zandalari, so how does this play into Alliance - Zandalari relationships? :P

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes but I don't get why Talanji ignores the fact that Horde doesn't let her avenge father.
    They're probably just going to have the story forget that whole bit and have the Zandalari welcoming in the Alliance for this glorious peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    "I chose Sylvanas, because in my dreams she's my waifu!"
    Honestly, I have rarely seen anyone say this unironically. It's almost as if people who keep quoting phrases that people only follow or chose her is because of sex appeal are projecting their own views of the character

edginess comes first, waifuness comes second

I love me some good old Edge (bonus points for Death being involved), especially when the alternative is Bainduin and Sadrall