Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So you seem to forget that items from the eternal palace regardless of them not being 15 item levels higher or still pretty strong the ink pod and the razor Coral are two of them

Also if when you think about mythic raiding you're only thinking about the gear then you have an issue because it takes more than gear to clear a mythic raid

The 445 gear that you get from mythic is fine compared to mythic plus where you only get one really high item level piece per week if you raid simply for drops then farming is worth it but if your guild doesn't find it worth it then take a break man that is probably the best thing in order to keep the guild together

however if you are not the real leader or you are simply one of the players who is only motivated by gear and you figure since super high level dungeons will only reward you the only meaningful gear thus you should not do mythic raid farm even if you have alts that might need gear then maybe you shouldn't do it

and if you don't have alts then kindly move along to the next thread because this is about mythic raiding and if you don't know how it works then please move along

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I kind of figured that but honestly with these forms you can never be sure
    Fair enough. Can never be sure if they're serious or just completely insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Also alts are boring because BFA classes are boring and getting essences sucks.
    Correct about this one and this is coming from a guy who tried to manage 2-3 alts and just could not due it with how lack luster everything has been.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Gear is a means to an end. Granted, benthic was lame and took up several slots.

Go back and farm the Jaina one. No skip sucks, but it is what it is. KJ didn't have a mount either, and the game survived.
    But had other things related to it, as legendary weapon skin. And mogs that were actual cool, now mogs are just bad in BfA too.

Azshara drops Aqueous Reliquary, but it's not only just her, so as well no point in just keep doing it.

Also ye give skipssss.

No they arent, Azshara not dropping a mount is a big turnoff i agree, dunno why they did that, but aside from that everything is the usual, specially the gear, for once the raid gear is actually great, specifically the trinkets.

This is a new thing. In older expansions gear you got from the last raidtier was usefull for the next one. Sometimes even further than that. EP gear and especially
    Benthic items are completely worthless when the next m+ season comes out.
    Yes, it's really a big problem you immediately get a iLvl 460 gearset the moment Season 4 starts.

This is a new thing. In older expansions gear you got from the last raidtier was usefull for the next one. Sometimes even further than that. EP gear and especially
    Benthic items are completely worthless when the next m+ season comes out.
    Benthic gear is already basically worthless outside of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Benthic gear is already basically worthless outside of the raid.
    And the worst part is that blizz is probably going to add a new benthic version for the next raid since it makes people farm it = more people actively playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    And the worst part is that blizz is probably going to add a new benthic version for the next raid since it makes people farm it = more people actively playing the game.
    The sad part is that I farmed 1k pearls on my main, did the nazjatar intro and some daylies with about 10 alts and only have 2 Benthic items with a socket on it. But at some point you have to ask yourself if its worth it.

The sad part is that I farmed 1k pearls on my main, did the nazjatar intro and some daylies with about 10 alts and only have 2 Benthic items with a socket on it. But at some point you have to ask yourself if its worth it.
    You can pass on a couple, i killed azshara (mythic obviously) without the gloves, but some of them are way too strong, bracers and boots specifically.

Yeah in the short run, for now though, we're on the adamant stance that if something similar along with the mindless AP grind will be in the game. We're not raiding. Period. (In the next patch)

EDIT: Which is synonymous to no money Blizzard.

why raid naxx if tbc is gonna be released

Blizzard isn't trying to destroy anything. They're desperately trying to make a bad game good by doing things randomly, in hopes that it appeals to someone.

There is a reason Wrath was the most popular expansion in the history of the game, and it isn't any of the things they've done in Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion, or BFA.

So I have cleared mythic EP, right? Clearly I have all the things that it takes to clear that raid and gear is the only thing that needs constant refreshing with every patch.

In the next season m+10 keys will give 460 loot baseline with forges up to 485 or something? After like 7-10 Keys you will have replaced most of that EP gear.
    Taking a break from raiding is killing most guilds so this is no option.

So my guild is at worldrank 119 without splitraids and with 3 raiding days and 3 days only. Thanks for teaching me how a raiding guild works but I think I am fine.
    Also alts are boring because BFA classes are boring and getting essences sucks.
    you see taking breaks isn't actually killing guilds taking breaks is something that will save guilds and since like you said you have everything you need to clear mythic eternal palace then it's up to your raid leader to decide what to do next which is either take a break cell farm kills or just keep going and maybe make a few alts to make mythic raiding easier next tier

you know you want to talk about how you're a mythic raider and you have all this experience and everything but you don't have an alt and right now after you cleared the raid you could be clearing it with alts to get gear which will be needed in the next raid

Also if you don't like playing alts that's fine but you could also sell some mythic kills for example the Rome first mythic guild on aerie peak was selling seven out of eight mythic for about 3 million so if you guys have cleared eternal palace so much that you can kill the final boss really easily I don't see what's stopping you from selling that killed for 5 million

But if you don't want to take a break and you don't want to make an alt but you really like the idea of 460 base level gear then you also realize that 460 base level gear will come with a changeup to the mythic plus system including a new ethics and a difficulty increase of at least 33% just like it always has

now you can pair the effort that it takes to do a + 10 on that along with the gear which will only be one guaranteed piece per week because you can clear + 10 and not get any gear and you take that situation and compared to the situation where you can have enough volts for to split runs which will net the entire raid gear in which trinkets and possibly some azerite pieces will be even stronger then the slightly buffed dungeon gear that you get

so if you raid only for gear then stopped rating take a break if you don't want to take a break playing alt if you don't want to plan alt Selleck ill if you don't want to sell a kill then why are you even here asking people if blizzard hates mythic raiders because honestly if blizzard did hate mythic raiders there would be some kind of massive grind needed right now but it's fine did not play the game in fact you can't really say does blizzard hate mythic raiders because you seem to be of the minority that doesn't get treated like s*** buy blizzard because a lot of the mythic raid complaint is about the amount of split runs necessary because a lot of the bosses require a certain class or a certain comp at some point but since you guys don't do all trades then you aren't being treated badly by that so again I ask why are you even here

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    why raid naxx if tbc is gonna be released
    Nice try bro.

These are not the same things. Guilds reorganize between addons. People stop playing and you have to test new trials and so on. Also in the past you could gear up all your alts because it was fun. I remember having like 5 characters with BIS gear at the end of MoP. Damn fire mage and shadow priests were fun back in the day. Cant compare to any BFA class though.

But during and expansion you want your raidteam to be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, it's really a big problem you immediately get a iLvl 460 gearset the moment Season 4 starts.
    I mean yeah you can but that requires the entire raid roster to farm mythic plus tens the entire two weeks leading up to the raid while at the same time you get the same item level gear from doing heroics which means that you will probably be a craft seem higher item level gear which also means that in the new season you will have about five different ways to get gear at that item level so it won't be insanely powerful probably including a heroic warfront so you have to ask yourself is 460 going to be hard to get anyways

you know you want to talk about how you're a mythic raider and you have all this experience and everything but you don't have an alt and right now after you cleared the raid you could be clearing it with alts to get gear which will be needed in the next raid
    I dont know how to make this even simpler for you.
    We dont need alts because we dont do splitraids. And if we needed alts then it would still be more effecient to gear them up when the next m+ season goes live.
    The gear we can get now is useless when the next patch goes live.

But if you don't want to take a break and you don't want to make an alt but you really like the idea of 460 base level gear then you also realize that 460 base level gear will come with a changeup to the mythic plus system including a new ethics and a difficulty increase of at least 33% just like it always has
    Yeah mythic+ will get harder as it always has but m+10 is still gonna be easy. Someone who pretends to be a mythic raider should know that. A +10 is nothing.

Well, on the server with my raiding main, there were 13 guilds with progression in M BoD.

There is exactly one with progression in M EP, and it has given up raiding for this tier.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Probably, but I hope they learned a bit from this.

I enjoy catch up mechanics but Benthic failed to be the catch up, and became a "must have, funnel the tokens from your alts too"

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, take the "or" off the end of your name and you'll understand what kind of post this is.

So for raiding guilds which have already cleared the raid there is no point in raiding anymore.
    The gear you get in EP is useless with the next raid because the next season of m+ gear will have an ilvl of 460+, azshara drops no mount and the raid and classes are not that fun to justify raiding every week for the next 3-4 months.

The question is: Are raiding guilds forced to either suffer through the next months or to risk a guild disbandment? Because we all know that there are some players who will never come back online if they stay offline for too long.

Half serious question that is.

Also you may think things like: "nobody is forcing you to play" or "Lol, my ret pally is super fun to me."
    If this is the case I kindly ask you to go to the next thread. This is about mythic raiding and if you dont understand the basic rules of it then what are you doing here?
    People have alts. If you clear it on your main and its geared then you play an alt. Not that hard of a concept.

Raid gear has always been rendered obsolete with the next tier. What kind of argument are you trying to make?

I like how you just decree that all classes are not that fun. So says you vs everyone else playing the game who enjoys their class.

Only thing ill agree with is suffering through till the next tier. Eventually everyone gets bored and wants the next raid to come out so the next chase for gear can begin. This happens at different points for different people. But no ones disbanding a guild over it when they can just come back for the next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Insert image of carrot on a stick here - btw an item that totally existed in WoW ...as if to rub it in your face
    Such a shame they removed it