Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The guy was a major dick and as others have pointed out, it was more than likely to fund his mount instead of repairs. Yes plate & mail cost more to repair in vanilla than cloth did but it wasn't outrageously high. At 60 and full epics the difference between a plate repair and a cloth repair was maybe 20-30% if even that much. When something like that happens again (and it will because the community is far more toxic now than it was back in vanilla) take to the LFG & trade channels to blast him for doing it. People literally blacklist people for doing that kind of shit. Also next time kick him from the group if someone starts pulling that shit again. Yes tanks are needed to run stuff but they aren't irreplaceable. And TBH most dungeons can be ran without at tank before the lvl 55+ ones. A "real" tank just makes things go faster & easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Or perhaps more ideal, personal loot.
    Ahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post

To be honest: no, i doubt that all of this actually will happen. 2 of the 4 other party members might put him on ignore. I would have put im there and yes, also kick him out of the group or leave the group. But over time, you will be put on more and more ignore-lists, and yes, if you do it too often, people will talk about it and then you are branded as a ninja-looter.

And i'm not sure if this is worth for a few SM-Vendor-Trash.
    2/4? why 2/4?
    where did you come up with this number from?
    why?
    what is "too often"?
    who decides this?
    The rest of your reality is based on 2/4 players ignoring this person, while in this thread alone the evidence suggests the vast majority do not share your thoughts, and instead simply roll need on everything themselves. You start with a made up percentage, and then extrapolate made up events from a made up statistic. The evidence in this thread shows your numbers are made up, and wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkew View Post
    Ahahahahahahahaha
    Would personal loot not be a solution for this issue?

You were basically paying him to tank. Your choice, basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I did an SM group and the tank pulled too big and died early on.

After that, every item no one else NEEDED, he NEEDED cause he had to pay for his repair bill.

Last boss drops mail tank shoulders, which he needs of course. Again, to pay for his repairs.

Is this a new thing? Or was this guy just a self entitled dick?
    That is just being a greedy lootwhore. Nothing more. When you join a dungeon group, you should be able to carry your own expenses for food/drinks as well as repair.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

After that, every item no one else NEEDED, he NEEDED cause he had to pay for his repair bill.

Last boss drops mail tank shoulders, which he needs of course. Again, to pay for his repairs.

lol you have to understand that there are cunts out there and you can either avoid them or deal with them. This was a simple case of HSing out. Can't believe people endure stuff like this and then come cry on mmo champion.

You could also start needing on everything, that dude dominated you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Pretty common. A very reliable way to make money in wow is just to vendor high value items.
    Its mostly grays, but weapons and plate armor vendor for a lot too.

Loot just is distributed poorly in Classic.
    Ideally, needing an item shouldn't even be possible if you can't wear it.
    A feature introduced later on.
    Or perhaps more ideal, personal loot.

No reserving. No needing for vendoring.
    No nonsense at all.

Its not what people think they want, but it solves a lot of problems and predatory behavior by people who think they are more important than the etiquette of the game.
    thankfully since there is no CRZ you can just blacklist fuckheads like that.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    thankfully since there is no CRZ you can just blacklist fuckheads like that.
    Based on this thread, you wouldnt have many people left to play with.

No one blacklists in wow. Classic or otherwise. I've been slowly gearing up a warrior tank through dungeons and I basically look at who needs. If noone does then I need. I've prob done about 30 dungeons and have done this every dungeon. I've been called ninja and "outed" many times in chat and I still find groups every time. People are more interested in doing content than what some butthurt nerd says about you. I actively encourage other tanks to do this. Easy way to make gold and no one is going to do a thing about it. I have enough for 3 mounts and I'm not even LVL 40 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Blacklist him and give him some bad reputation on /world.

he is a tank

you were lucky you dint have to pay him 100-200 gold each dungeon to even consider tanking for you .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No one blacklists in wow. Classic or otherwise. I've been slowly gearing up a warrior tank through dungeons and I basically look at who needs. If noone does then I need. I've prob done about 30 dungeons and have done this every dungeon. I've been called ninja and "outed" many times in chat and I still find groups every time. People are more interested in doing content than what some butthurt nerd says about you. I actively encourage other tanks to do this. Easy way to make gold and no one is going to do a thing about it. I have enough for 3 mounts and I'm not even LVL 40 yet.
    this.

yet another myth falls apart.

people were told that stories about blacklisting is nothing but nostalgia - people chose not to belive - people have only themsleves to blame

tanks can be the biggest c...ts posible - and everybody will bring them everywhere

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    lol you have to understand that there are cunts out there and you can either avoid them or deal with them. This was a simple case of HSing out. Can't believe people endure stuff like this and then come cry on mmo champion.

and people endure it - because after spening 2 hours waiting for tank nobody will just HS out.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    he is a tank

you were lucky you dint have to pay him 100-200 gold each dungeon to even consider tanking for you .

- - - Updated - - -

this.

yet another myth falls apart.

people were told that stories about blacklisting is nothing but nostalgia - people chose not to belive - people have only themsleves to blame

tanks can be the biggest c...ts posible - and everybody will bring them everywhere

- - - Updated - - -

and people endure it - because after spening 2 hours waiting for tank nobody will just HS out.
    yeah except, tanks are obsolete untill lvl 50. And no raid will bring a ninja tank. And since they only need 2-4, demand is lower than supply.

I would really love to see the change to the loot system. Something like :
    NEED - Becomes soul bound, cannot vendor it or DE it, you can just use it and trash it when you don't have any use for it. You can only need on items for your class/spec
    GREED - You can sell it on ah or DE or do whatever you want
    VENDOR - You can only sell it to vendor, can't use it or de it

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Based on this thread, you wouldnt have many people left to play with.
    That is true. I put everyone that spam LFG and have a reserved item in the run on Ignore, my list is almost full, had to remove toxic people so i could find room for the reservers instead :/

Also in general groups are way more toxic now than they where back then. It is a bit sad to see tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    That is true. I put everyone that spam LFG and have a reserved item in the run on Ignore, my list is almost full, had to remove toxic people so i could find room for the reservers instead :/

Also in general groups are way more toxic now than they where back then. It is a bit sad to see tbh.
    I havnt found them any more or less toxic. Your experience could be different, it's only been a few weeks, but everything is as I remember it.

I havnt found them any more or less toxic. Your experience could be different, it's only been a few weeks, but everything is as I remember it.
    If someone makes a misstake the insults start flying. It is amazing how badly tempered some people are. No patience either. They rather wipe the group than let healer drink etc and then they get mad because they wipe. It is not a single occurance either it happens a lot. It is sad to watch. I usualy just dont say anything and after the run i make a mental note to never group them again.

Might be that Mograine on EU is just a bad apple among servers.

Not a ninja unless loot rules were explicitly stated and also its a tank, they always have incredibly high repair bills so its fine if they take stuff ppl greed to repair/mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    That's just ninjaing with extra steps.
    And yet the poster directly above you doesn't agree - and Blizzard CERTAINLY dont agree. This is just another example of the Myth of "server identity" and "reputations matter!" - they never did, and never will. Reading through the thread you see just as many people who say "meh, just do the same thing and need everything" when compared to "this is ninja looting and this person should be put on ignore".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You were basically paying him to tank. Your choice, basically.
    Basically, no, not at all; basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post

So you encourage people to ruin the dungeon and inconvenience 3 group members, because of the behavior of one?

Were loot rules agreed verbally before you started? If not, what you deem to be in bad behaviour (and it is) is irrelevant. Block and move on.

You should read posts you reply to. Like i said in my post that you quoted, the discussion point is clear -the majority of "classic players" in this thread believe that the appropriate response to bad behavior in game is to replicate that bad behavior and encourage others to do the same. This seems to go against the really strong community that was yapped on about for months where anyone who behaved poorly in any way was removed from groups IMMEDIATELY, kicked from guilds, unable to ever find a guild again, and often chased off the server altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

This has been a thing since day one, and continues to this day. As someone who ALMOST exclusively tanks, i find it infuriating when dealing with this type of person on the occasions i dps.
    It's because the community aspect that people yapped about was in Vanilla but there was NO CHANCE of that community being recreated in Classic.