LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Battle for Azeroth" was never about the Horde vs Alliance war
    That's just nonsense.

Nah it's just hatin'.

8.3 is coming and will involve N'zoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    8.3 wont come out till at least January if not later so enjoy 4-5 more months of what we have now. Thank God for classic or I would just unsub again

- - - Updated - - -

Did you play WOD? They abandoned WOD half way through and we got Legion because of it. No matter what they do, If they Keep Ion in charge, 9.0 will be a failure
    They abandoned it, but it wasn't for the reasons you think. Some people like to think it was because it was "bad". But it wasn't.
    Titan was cancelled. Most of the dev team moved to WoW and unschedualed coaching was needed. This threw WoD off scheduale. To recover they decided to scrap the last patch and focus on Legion so the new xpac wouldn't be delayed and even so was one of the longest cycles.

But hey... i agree that if things like AP and titanforging stay, it's not even gonna be worth it to entertain the idea of playing for more than the first month.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying WoD played better than BfA is where I exit. WoD was the worst in WoW’s history, with that buggy piece of trash actually almost killing the game. BfA is quite literally no where near as bad, so I bid you good day.
    Exit away cause it's true. WoD's problem was lack of content. It wasn't boring infinite grinds and anemic classes.
    WoD is no longer the worst of WoW. Legion and BfA are. Terribly frustrating and unfun games. I at least had fun in WoD even if there wasn't much to do. I just want to stop playing when i log in to BfA. Everything is so pointless...

Actually, i'd be totally ok if the game systems and class design reverted to WoD right now. I would resub for that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-30 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl View Post
    That's just nonsense.
    It’s not really - it was just a story front. What I mean is, this expansion was never completely about the Horde vs Alliance war. It’s taken 2/3 of it up, but front start to finish it wasn’t about the war. In the sense that, Legion from start to finish was about the burning legion; Wrath was about The Lich King start to finish etc. This expansion is ending on a different note than just ending it with the war - Sylvanas and N’zoth have been the undertones of this expansion from the start and that was obviously always the plan. The faction war has just felt like a cheap ploy to mask the true intentions of the expansion i.e. it was never start to finish about the war. That’s kind of a given seeing as the faction war is over before the expansion is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Nah it's just hatin'.

- - - Updated - - -

They abandoned it, but it wasn't for the reasons you think. Some people like to think it was because it was "bad". But it wasn't.
    Titan was cancelled. Most of the dev team moved to WoW and unschedualed coaching was needed. This threw WoD off scheduale. To recover they decided to scrap the last patch and focus on Legion so the new xpac wouldn't be delayed and even so was one of the longest cycles.

But hey... i agree that if things like AP and titanforging stay, it's not even gonna be worth it to entertain the idea of playing for more than the first month.

- - - Updated - - -

Exit away cause it's true. WoD's problem was lack of content. It wasn't boring infinite grinds and anemic classes.
    WoD is no longer the worst of WoW. Legion and BfA are. Terribly frustrating and unfun games. I at least had fun in WoD even if there wasn't much to do. I just want to stop playing when i log in to BfA. Everything is so pointless...
    WoD still is - BfA is no where near as bad.

It’s not really - it was just a story front. What I mean is, this expansion was never completely about the Horde vs Alliance war. It’s taken 2/3 of it up, but front start to finish it wasn’t about the war. In the sense that, Legion from start to finish was about the burning legion; Wrath was about The Lich King start to finish etc. This expansion is ending on a different note than just ending it with the war - Sylvanas and N’zoth have been the undertones of this expansion from the start and that was obviously always the plan. The faction war has just felt like a cheap ploy to mask the true intentions of the expansion i.e. it was never start to finish about the war. That’s kind of a given seeing as the faction war is over before the expansion is.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD still is - BfA is no where near as bad.
    Totally disagree. Wich is why i stayed subbed during WoD and checked out in BfA.

But then again, fun while playing is a big factor for me. Infinite pointless grinds, not so much. I don't enjoy the infinite hamster wheel and unfun classes. But hey... you do you. But no doubt for me WoD is much better. By far.

Totally disagree. Wich is why i stayed subbed during WoD and checked out in BfA.

But then again, fun while playing is a big factor for me. Infinite pointless grinds, not so much. I don't enjoy the infinite hamster wheel and unfun classes. But hey... you do you. But no doubt for me WoD is much better. By far.
    Fun while playing is a big factor for you? Ah, yes... the countless fun there was to have with the zero content and never ending time spent in the garrison in WoD. Ah yes, much fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait there is a storyline? The entire premise for BFA was a bullshit War that never was and them having the Horde turn into Genocidal lunatics while the Alliance sits around with their thumbs up their Asses and watch as Anduin tries to figure out what gender bathroom to use. . . .
    That escalated quickly.
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's not a trash thread considering how many people I've seen seriously consider this to be the case.
    It's a trash thread when it's based upon a bunch of forum dwellers creating this idea out of thin air and deciding to run with it

- - - Updated - - -

Nah it's just hatin'.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, i'd be totally ok if the game systems and class design reverted to WoD right now. I would resub for that.
    You just said Legion was worse than WoD, you're a fucking imbecile
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

No.

There will be 8.3
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-09-30 at 01:52 AM.

Fun while playing is a big factor for you? Ah, yes... the countless fun there was to have with the zero content and never ending time spent in the garrison in WoD. Ah yes, much fun...
    Wich is more than the fun time i get in BfA eh? Cause it's all hamster wheel pointless. Also, i'm a fan of housing. I loved having my own place in the world. Garrisons were fine. There were no reasons to go out, that was the problem. Garrison themselves were never the problem. I still go back to mine often when i'm playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    It's a trash thread when it's based upon a bunch of forum dwellers creating this idea out of thin air and deciding to run with it

- - - Updated - - -

You just said Legion was worse than WoD, you're a fucking imbecile
    Yes, yes i did. BfA is Legion v2, or Legion lite if you prefer. Same game, some skills and weapons removed. I am consistent that way. Shiny weapons and new animations aren't enough to fool me. Legion is the father of bad class design, AP and titanforging. The things i dislike the most in BfA.It would be weird if i pretended these don't come from Legion.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-30 at 02:04 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    9.0 will release in August-October of 2020, like every other expansion ever.

Thus they need 8.3 to avoid a 14 month content drought. Which I believe would set the record for longest in WoW's history.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The classes played better. In the end thats what matter because if you dont have fun playing the classes, then you just dont play the game . BFA had a fair share of bugs as well .
    *some did.

Others were a dumpster fire until HFC tier bandaid fixed them i.e. Mistweaver monks.

Unsure of others as I don't have the experience on them to judge appropriately.

"Battle for Azeroth" was never about the Horde vs Alliance war,
    This is bull. The entire expansion was marketed on the Horde vs Alliance. The log in screen on Bnet. The loading screens. The CONSTANT in game mention of the WAR between the Horde and Alliance. The major 'selling' points of the expansion being warfronts and islands. The achievement Veteran of the FOURTH WAR. The new faction themed PvP sets. WAR MODE. The clue is in the name here...

You seriously cannot argue that it was NEVER about Horde vs Alliance. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    This is bull. The entire expansion was marketed on the Horde vs Alliance. The log in screen on Bnet. The loading screens. The CONSTANT in game mention of the WAR between the Horde and Alliance. The major 'selling' points of the expansion being warfronts and islands. The achievement Veteran of the FOURTH WAR. The new faction themed PvP sets. WAR MODE. The clue is in the name here...

You seriously cannot argue that it was NEVER about Horde vs Alliance. Lol.
    Invasions as well.

WoD was abandoned after launch that is for sure. But you can also say BfA was abandoned too, or at least was put on life support. The patch cycle is way way slower than in Legion, the quality and quantity of the content is also questionable and feels copy-paste and shallow, every drop of content feels really thought through and slowly spoonfed, shop mounts left right and centre. And if the shadowlands leak is true, they want a faster transition to the next expac than before, which can be done if they put BfA on the backburner.
    We will see.
    I do think WoD was better than BfA, but I also think Legion was an overcompensation and I still did not like it one bit. It was in developement from mists, the devs said WoD and Legion was in the making simultaneously. When WoD failed, they focused all their power on Legion. No wonder why we got all the star names lined up in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its not, just leave that thought already. 8.3 will be out late november/early december with raid out january. My predictions. Going with the 7.3 model. Its a reason why 8.2.5 suddenly came out now, way earlier than predicted by most.
    8.2.5 has been on the PTS for almost two months (it launched 1-2 weeks earlier than some expected yet the release date +- was quite clear). 8.3 isn't even announced yet. A release this year for 8.3 is highly unlikely. And when you go with the 7.3 model 8.3 is already 1 month overdue at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As much as I am a supporter of step 8.2.5 -> 9.0 I strongly doubt that such a scenario occurs because there is no material time to do it.
    Surely the 9.0 has been in development for some time but I doubt that it will be seen before 2020 / q2 and in the meantime the players, what do they do during this period?
    For this reason I think that there will probably be an 8.3 and in all probability we will see it between December 19 and January 20.
    It is also true that an 8.3 was never announced by the blizz and that the support given to BfA was really minimal, as if it were in maintenance mode.
    My theory is that surely they have designed everything up to 8.2.5 and based on how the game is going to decide whether to pull out an 8.3 or jump to 9.0
    However, only BlizzCon can take away any doubts.
    Last edited by CiccioBello; 2019-09-30 at 09:14 AM.

I think 8.3 will be a small patch like silithus in legion

Just saying, there better be a payoff for this eyeball I've been wearing on my head for the last 6 months

I've been seeing this idea pop up more and more and it's surprising me. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. So I'm putting this out to air.

Are they going to reveal that 8.2.5 is the end of BFA, and we are not getting anything else until they release the next expansion?
    Just look at history of all last major patch release dates since WotLK.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I've been seeing this idea pop up more and more and it's surprising me. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. So I'm putting this out to air.

Are they going to reveal that 8.2.5 is the end of BFA, and we are not getting anything else until they release the next expansion?
    A major reason that 8.2.5 could be the end is that BfA has been perpetually behind schedule; 8.2.5 should have been released more than 3 months ago. Another major reason is that BfA subs have dropped so precipitously that Blizz is likely considering launching the next expansion in July or possibly even June.

A major reason that 8.2.5 is not the end is that Blizz hasn't announced it to be the end. When WoD was the absolutely worst expansion (apologies to current fanboys, but BfA has taken that title now), Blizz announced much earlier than this (relatively speaking) that WoD wouldn't get the normal number of major patches.

Since we have good reasons for both, we really should be open to either possibility.