Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What if your Player Character became Faction Leader?

So basically the main topic of the, discussion here is
    so far we've been Order Hall Leaders, Garrison Leaders, and Champions of Azeroth, and different sorts of titles
    and if Blizzard decides to go beyond that, no matter how dumb or impossible this sounds, would you go along with being the leader of your Faction if possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It would take 3 hours to make sylvanas look like saint.

"Thank you for electing me Supreme Commander. We begin bombing Orgrimmar in five minutes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

"I want another world tree. Right there."
    "Sir, that's Orgrimmar..."
    "And?"

7+ Year Old Account
    it could not get any more stupid, the player becomeing the leader is literally the rock bottom

besides, it don't make sense in the lore, its only one leader, not millions

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it could not get any more stupid, the player becomeing the leader is literally the rock bottom

I mean this would be the same as the legion artifact weapons. In "lore" only one paladin carried the ashbringer after tirions demise. The same for shamans and doomhammer. Sadly ingame million other players were wielding the same weapon at the same time. Maybe blizzard could've countered this by showing weapon overlays for other players.

But yeah the "everyone is warleader" would seem pretty bad.

Players were leaders of nothing. Yeah, yeah, you are presented as the leader but you just do what an npc tells you.
    Being a leaders means you can actually lead with your own ideas.
    So, pretty much, being a leader of x in wow is = 0
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Players were leaders of nothing. Yeah, yeah, you are presented as the leader but you just do what an npc tells you.
    Being a leaders means you can actually lead with your own ideas.
    but what if...

There is a game mode where you can order groups of mobs around on a map to complete quests. Sort of like a strategy type minigame where you can do battle with NPCs and Players in real time. Like Starcraft but in the WoW universe. Maybe they could add some sort of ladder to it where the top percentage gets a title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    I mean this would be the same as the legion artifact weapons. In "lore" only one paladin carried the ashbringer after tirions demise. The same for shamans and doomhammer. Sadly ingame million other players were wielding the same weapon at the same time. Maybe blizzard could've countered this by showing weapon overlays for other players.

But yeah the "everyone is warleader" would seem pretty bad.
    but in lore there are other classes, not just one, there are at least 3 other people holding each artifact, or some shit like that.

it was already bad enough you being the chosen one with dozen of peoples being the same as you, this would be even worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to burn the other alliance towns.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

First of all, I would poison entire(except Baine) Horde leadership so they would not be able to stage another coup. Then, I would give Baine a trial for his crimes against the Horde and execute him at the front of auction house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would proclaim her to be saint patron of the Horde.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

You know, after the end of the campaign cinematic I was talking to a friend. Asked him who's inside Org as the leader now and he said no one. I told him I think I'd like to be Warchief and it wasn't as a joke.
    To be fair, I've been everywhere and at this point it's kinda insulting to do other people's bidding. And there's a lot of things going bad because of miscommunication, I think I could handle it a lot better. Plus, everyone seems to implicitly trust me and respect me (except for Nathanos I guess).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Obviously this is a "what if" scenario. Of course it's not applicable in an MMO where your actions can't affect the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be possible for Blizzard to do it. It would be an interesting new step for the game, where the player has to act as not only champion, but political representation for the entire faction.

Now, to take a more realistic view, the entire point of the factions is to identify with them. Its like a sports team. If we, like us, are the team, its wierd to cheer for us. The factions has to, at their core, be a step away from the player characters. That is why the events of the factions happen without us having an effect on them.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes. Make me leader.

I would immediately initiate a night of long knives to get rid of my political opponents. And by political opponents I mean the entire Horde leadership. Without them there’ll be no rebellion because the people will be with me. Especially once I blame it on SI:7. Naturally I’ll kill them all personally because I don’t trust underlings to break through their plot armor.

Then we wait until the Alliance go to fight N’zoth before leading an all-out siege of Stormwind. Putting it under military occupation. The Alliance is more than strong enough to take on Tentacle McBigBad, but they’ll take a lot of damage. Once they win it’s just a matter of sweeping up the remnants and using the victory to force Ironforge and the Exodar to surrender and join the Horde as second class citizens for a period until we can prove their sincerity or be destroyed.

Short of making the player the leader of their faction I don’t really see how they can fix the factions. Both are detestable no matter what side you’re on. So it’s either make us Warchief, destroy both factions or make a third faction.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-09-30 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Why not 3 minutes?

you've been the only person doing any of these quests the entire game. does it make sense that millions of other people killed vancleef in classic when YOU were the one told to go do it? no. YOU did it, not anyone else. this has always, and will always, be the case with an mmo.

as for being the faction leader, i wouldn't really want it. i'd rather go back to being the order hall leader. being faction leader would make me ultimately do stupid shit that i wouldn't see my character as doing. but if i could have multiple choices on how to deal with everything, and actually command troops for real, then it wouldn't be so bad, but i still wouldn't want it.

if I was leading The Horde I would finish what Garrosh or Sylvanas could not. You think Sylv is evil? Wait and see...

No. Mechanically speaking, it would just be us with a mission table again and perhaps a few words of encouragement from NPCs.
    Lorewise, we’ll just be loosing interesting characters in order to boost our egos.

On paper the player character is the best candidate for the warchief. They have shown true loyalty to the Horde and have stood up to all threats against Azeroroth.

Design wise this is a disaster for the game. A leader position will have to dramatically change how content is done in game. We can't simply go around killing boars or random zombies anymore. We will kill things but we will have an army behind our backs.

Oddly enough the following candidates are...

Baine-Horrible choice and should be a diplomat only. Will not look for the best for the Horde. Is too emotional and unwilling to make hard decisions that need to be done that go against his beliefs. Being a leader means making choices you don't want to make to serve the many at times.

lor'themar- much better candidate and proven to know when to make the right decisions for the greater good of the horde. Was involved in every scenario with the Horde since their inclusion. Mentally stable, highly intelligent, a noble heart, and willing to make any sacrifice for his people.

Gallywix- In my honest opinion he would lead the Horde to become a financial giant and change the Horde into a service industry for the entire planet. Both the Alliance and the Horde will be brought to their knees to corporate interest. He would bring peace to Azeroth and make everyone work 8 hours a day 7 days a week doing paperwork or working their asses off. Gnomes and Goblins and every other race will develop weapons of mass destruction to destroy all outside threats to Azeroth. His corporate greed will bring us to space and other planets. The void lords will stand no chance against a mechanical army that can't be corrupted. His leadership skills are awful but he will simply hire others to organize the masses as he sits around collecting more money. (this will never happen. He is the hero we need but don't deserve).

Everyone else is such a bad candidate that even Sylvanas will do a better job.

Swtor basically did this. I mean it's possible but swtor invested way more In the narrative side then wow.

My actual view is that this would be mistake. While I'm certainly not in the nameless adventurer crowd I dont think we should ever be given a lore position beyond a 'General' or a 'Champion'.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2019-09-30 at 08:35 AM.