Thread: Rested XP cap?

Rested XP cap?

Im at level 52 which is a weird level to be in with lack of quests...the next batch of quests are all for level 55 (which are orange for me now)
    So i decided to not play the game until i have as much rested XP as possible to reach level 53 and start doing all the level 55 quests at the yellow range.

Problem:

I have no idea what is the rested XP cap.
    I have no idea if i already reached the cap.

Is there any way ingame to check how far from the rested cap i am? Maybe even an addon?

Sorry to disturb you. In need of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im at level 52 which is a weird level to be in with lack of quests...the next batch of quests are all for level 55 (which are orange for me now)
    So i decided to not play the game until i have as much rested XP as possible to reach level 53 and start doing all the level 55 quests at the yellow range.

Problem:

Is there any way ingame to check how far from the rested cap i am? Maybe even an addon?

Its been a while, so someone correct me if im wrong, but i remember it being the remainder of your current level + one complete level. I will have a dig and see if i can find some confirmation.

"While in an inn or anywhere in a capital city, your player portrait will begin to glow and your level circle will say zzz, indicating that you are resting. If you log off here, you will continue to rest while offline.

One bubble of rested XP (5% of a level) is earned for every 8 hours spent resting. A maximum of 30 bubbles (150% of a level) may be earned. In other words, you can leave your character resting in an inn or capital city for up to 10 days (without gaining experience) before you earn the maximum amount of rest state, and a resting character stores up one full level of rest in 160 hours (6 days, 16 hours).

You also become rested while logged off in the wilderness, but the accumulation is slower. When logged off "outside," rest is gained at a quarter of the rate in an inn, or one bar every 32 hours.

It may also be possible to engage the resting state while in ghost form, or dead."

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its been a while, so someone correct me if im wrong, but i remember it being the remainder of your current level + one complete level. I will have a dig and see if i can find some confirmation.
    No matter what level i am...no matter how much XP i need...is always 1 entire level?
    That would be good news indeed.

I searched a little bit but was afraid it was faulty information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

"While in an inn or anywhere in a capital city, your player portrait will begin to glow and your level circle will say zzz, indicating that you are resting. If you log off here, you will continue to rest while offline.

One bubble of rested XP (5% of a level) is earned for every 8 hours spent resting. A maximum of 30 bubbles (150% of a level) may be earned. In other words, you can leave your character resting in an inn or capital city for up to 10 days (without gaining experience) before you earn the maximum amount of rest state, and a resting character stores up one full level of rest in 160 hours (6 days, 16 hours).

You also become rested while logged off in the wilderness, but the accumulation is slower. When logged off "outside," rest is gained at a quarter of the rate in an inn, or one bar every 32 hours.

It may also be possible to engage the resting state while in ghost form, or dead."
    Ok thanks i was about to quote that exact thing you posted.

Ive only been away from the game 1 entire day...so its all cool...because i need to be away for 6 days to reach the cap.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    honestly, I'd just suggest getting into a BRD grp and grinding out a few lvls

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    honestly, I'd just suggest getting into a BRD grp and grinding out a few lvls
    I thought about that, very seriously...but isnt level 52 too low?

Or the Arena runs are lower level?

I have no idea what are the level req for BRD (>_<)

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought about that, very seriously...but isnt level 52 too low?

Or the Arena runs are lower level?

I have no idea what are the level req for BRD (>_<)
    starter mobs are like level 49, don't guide yourself by what Atlas-Loot says(if you're going by that), if you wait to enter instances when atlas loot says they begin at, a lot of the mobs will be green.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    starter mobs are like level 49, don't guide yourself by what Atlas-Loot says(if you're going by that), if you wait to enter instances when atlas loot says they begin at, a lot of the mobs will be green.
    I was actually doing that thanks for the reminder. I was following Atlas Loot levels

So is it safe if i tomorrow search for a group for BRD ARENA RUNS?

How deep in BRD can i go at level 52?

I was actually doing that thanks for the reminder. I was following Atlas Loot levels

So is it safe if i tomorrow search for a group for BRD ARENA RUNS?

How deep in BRD can i go at level 52?
    Find out - just try - whats the worst that could happen?

The rested exp cap is 1.5 levels. It takes 10 days of real life time to reach the rested exp cap.

You can easily do the BRD arena farm starting at level 52, and is the best exp/hr until level 57 when you start doing LBRS runs.

Problem:

That's strange, i just hit 52 too last night and i have the opposite problem, i can't decide where to go there are so many options and available quests suddenly. Ungoro, Western Plagueland, Burning Steppes, Blasted Lands, Felwood, Azshara. They all range from 48-55. I choose Ungoro and my quest log is literally full.

But to answer your question the rested XP cap is 150% and my PitBull unitframe addon shows the rested XP. And if i remember correctly if you move your mouse above the XP bar the default WoW UI shows it too (can't test it now)

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    That's strange, i just hit 52 too last night and i have the opposite problem, i can't decide where to go there are so many options and available quests suddenly. Ungoro, Western Plagueland, Burning Steppes, Blasted Lands, Felwood, Azshara. They all range from 48-55. I choose Ungoro and my quest log is literally full.

But to answer your question the rested XP cap is 150% and my PitBull unitframe addon shows the rested XP. And if i remember correctly if you move your mouse above the XP bar the default WoW UI shows it too (can't test it now)
    You see...im a lazy son of a gun (and btw, thanks for your post)
    I see a lot of quests but they are all spread out entire Azeroth.

I see 6 quests in Un goro pillars i refuse to do for some reason (very spreaded out)

BUT my lazy eye caught a few awesome places with TONS of level 55 quests.

The problem is:
    1) im a noob at leveling (dont have a route)
    2) Lazy son of a gun

1.5x of your current max level cap in xp, you get 1 bar (5%) per 8 hours in a rested area (inn / main city) or per 24 hours while outside of a rested area. So logging off in a rested area is pretty much always a good idea.

So if you are level 52, you need 160,400 xp to ding, you maximum rested xp will be 240,600 which you will get after 10 days of being logged off in a rested area.

im assuming your done in ungoro and searing gorge. since those two zones are godteir for exp.

But what about felwood? blasted lands?

But generally, if you feel behind on exp. Either dungeons or grinding is the way to go.

if you can find a brd farm grp go for it. Otherwise just go and kill humanoids somewhere.

The #1 spot is definetly northern azshara either sartyrs or bloodelfs depending on what class you are. (lvl 51-53 mobs). But theres almost always lvl 60s farming here.

Other decent spots are either furbolgs or sartys in southern felwood (49-52mobs ),
    dwarfs in searing gore (45-48mobs),
    orc humanoids in blasted lands(50-54 mobs).
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    1.5x of your current max level cap in xp, you get 1 bar (5%) per 8 hours in a rested area (inn / main city) or per 24 hours while outside of a rested area. So logging off in a rested area is pretty much always a good idea.

So if you are level 52, you need 160,400 xp to ding, you maximum rested xp will be 240,600 which you will get after 10 days of being logged off in a rested area.
    Thank you so much (T_T) maybe a moderator can close the thread? I feel guilty having people do math for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    im assuming your done in ungoro and searing gorge. since those two zones are godteir for exp.

But what about felwood? blasted lands?

But generally, if you feel behind on exp. Either dungeons or grinding is the way to go.

if you can find a brd farm grp go for it. Otherwise just go and kill humanoids somewhere.

The #1 spot is definetly northern azshara either sartyrs or bloodelfs depending on what class you are. (lvl 51-53 mobs). But theres almost always lvl 60s farming here.

Other decent spots are either furbolgs or sartys in southern felwood (49-52mobs ),
    dwarfs in searing gore (45-48mobs),
    orc humanoids in blasted lands(50-54 mobs).
    Im taking notes. Thank you

I'm not running a leveling addOn either and currently I have too many quests at almost level 54. My quest log is full and I haven't even entered Felwood, Searing Gorge or WPL.

I did do ZF for maybe 1½ levels back before 50 but other than that I haven't been dungeon grinding per se, don't get how people run out of Qs in early to mid 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    I'm not running a leveling addOn either and currently I have too many quests at almost level 54. My quest log is full and I haven't even entered Felwood, Searing Gorge or WPL.

I did do ZF for maybe 1½ levels back before 50 but other than that I haven't been dungeon grinding per se, don't get how people run out of Qs in early to mid 50s.
    There a lot of quests but they are all spread out entire azeroth...and im lazy

There are huge amounts of level 55 quests put together though.

You see...im a lazy son of a gun (and btw, thanks for your post)
    I see a lot of quests but they are all spread out entire Azeroth.

I see 6 quests in Un goro pillars i refuse to do for some reason (very spreaded out)

BUT my lazy eye caught a few awesome places with TONS of level 55 quests.

The problem is:
    1) im a noob at leveling (dont have a route)
    2) Lazy son of a gun
    There are quests in Ironforge, Darnassus and Gadgetzan which lead to Ungoro (3-4 maybe) and there will be 2 quest starter drop. And most of the quests there have follow up quests. You'll get at least 2 levels from that zone when everything is done

I love quests spread around the world. I'm playing in windowed mode so while flying, waiting for boat, auto running i just check my emails, youtube, feed my pets in a stupid mobile game and im almost done with rewatching StarTrek DS9
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2019-09-30 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    There are quests in Ironforge, Darnassus and Gadgetzan which lead to Ungoro (3-4 maybe) and there will be 2 quest starter drop. And most of the quests there have follow up quests. You'll get at least 2 levels from that zone when everything is done
    Are the quests from the pillars of ungoro worth doing? Sorry to ask

Ungoro is GIGANTIC and there are pillars in 3 corners of the map...each with 2 quests...but i refused to do them...huge noob i know

Ungoro is GIGANTIC and there are pillars in 3 corners of the map...each with 2 quests...but i refused to do them...huge noob i know
    Huh? There are no quests at the pillars. You get some at the entrance then everything else is at the camp, where the flight master is. I mean, you'll get a quest to visit those pillars, but it starts at the camp too.

I got up at 8 this saturday morning and I was recently dinged 51. I found another dude who was level 52 and we decided to go to Un'goro together. We had to abandon pretty much every other q we had and filled our quest log with 18 Un'goro quests from inside the crater and quests found outside. We quested together for 6 hours straight with small breaks for bathroom and food, when we were done we had completed ~25-30 quests total in Un'goro, and at the end of it I had gained more than 1½ level.

Un'goro is the best zone in the entire game.