Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The LFG addon still works

Blizzard played the outrage crowd like a fiddle. Said they'd do something about it, waited for the short attention outrage crowd to move onto something else then just ignored the issue while being praised for "listening to the community". It's kind of funny really. Granted, the lfg tool was far less than people made it out to be, but it's still amazing to me how much people don't actually follow up on things after a statement is made to ensure that the company actually follows through.

The issue people had with it was that it automatically formed parties. That aspect was removed and now it mirrors what it was in tbc. A simple interface rather then a massive wall of spam.

They did what they said they would and removed the automation of it. No need to act snide and make a fool of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyjack View Post
    The issue people had with it was that it automatically formed parties. That aspect was removed and now it mirrors what it was in tbc. A simple interface rather then a massive wall of spam.

They did what they said they would and removed the automation of it. No need to act snide and make a fool of yourself.
    Blizzard didn't though. The maker of the addon did, blizzard did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Blizzard didn't though. The maker of the addon did, blizzard did nothing.
    Incorrect. Blizzard changed the API to break the automated part of the addon.

Yep, and im using it.
    Deal with it.

Madlife for life

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yep, and im using it.
    Deal with it.

Madlife for life
    Yes but you are not using it in the way that people who were upset were upset about so in the end they got what they wanted

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Incorrect. Blizzard changed the API to break the automated part of the addon.
    Wrong Blizzard did nothing they didn't have to. The addon creators have had it in the changelog since creation of this addon during beta.

Features that will NOT be included:

Automatic group matchmaking
    ILvL restrictions to groups

That was copied from curse forge. Has been there since beta like i said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's awesome.

All it does now is list people looking for group when they use keywords like DM, UBRS, LBRS etc.

That part was always fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah it's awesome.

All it does now is list people looking for group when they use keywords like DM, UBRS, LBRS etc.

That part was always fine.
    It's funny, because that's what I argued for since the entire kerfuffle about the LGF addon started: Just a tool to manage and find groups, but not something to auto-form them for you.

Blizzard played the outrage crowd like a fiddle. Said they'd do something about it, waited for the short attention outrage crowd to move onto something else then just ignored the issue while being praised for "listening to the community". It's kind of funny really. Granted, the lfg tool was far less than people made it out to be, but it's still amazing to me how much people don't actually follow up on things after a statement is made to ensure that the company actually follows through.
    to bad no one uses it and plays the game normally.

I spam /lfg and / world and i find groups no issue because thats where everyone is.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post

I spam /lfg and / world and i find groups no issue because thats where everyone is.
    Just because you do not use it, does not mean other do not either. I have joined plenty of groups via the addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's funny, because that's what I argued for since the entire kerfuffle about the LGF addon started: Just a tool to manage and find groups, but not something to auto-form them for you.
    Yeah, I used vQueue on private servers and was hoping for a copy of that, which is what we have now.

Chat moves way too fast to read anything.

- - - Updated - - -

When you do that, the addon helps me find you

Blizzard disabled parts of the API that enabled the automation parts of the addon, forcing addon maker(s) to also remove the automation. They did what they said they would do. You're kind of funny really. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so that's why it has 160K downloads. Nobody uses it. You really think that you = everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Blizzard disabled parts of the API that enabled the automation parts of the addon, forcing addon maker(s) to also remove the automation. They did what they said they would do. You're kind of funny really. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so that's why it has 160K downloads. Nobody uses it. You really think that you = everyone?
    160k vs the supposed 2-3mil that are playing. Also my info comes from guildies. one just last night complained how he couldnt get a group with the addon. Told him to make a macro to spam /lfg and /world and he now finds groups because they are more active.

10+ Year Old Account
    160k vs the supposed 2-3mil that are playing. Also my info comes from guildies. one just last night complained how he couldnt get a group with the addon. Told him to make a macro to spam /lfg and /world and he now finds groups because they are more active.
    The addon only uses the chat channels though.

It flags people up looking for and creating groups. If you're making a group, you still need to spam the channels.

It doesn't matter if you have it or not, if you type LFM UBRS, you will appear on my list.

You know you have made it to winner status when you try to post "victory laps" in a discussion like this. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because they can't do anything about it without breaking miriads of other addons. They painted themselves fools by saying otherwise. Not the first time, though. But stupid crowd calmed and that's okay.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-09-30 at 11:46 AM.

Great addon, I'm using it with Puggle and SimpleLFG, other great addons to find group, instead of the retarded spam on /world.

Been using it for a month, it's fine.

10+ Year Old Account

What argument is that, just because you arent using it doesnt mean everyone isnt using it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..