Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will we see anymore allied races beyond bfa?

With whats going on lorewise, this really brings up the question of allied races. You see, with 8.2, the question was brought up to Blizzard. They said that if the story for it made sense, we may see more allied races recruited. Well, now, would it ever make sense again?

Lorewise, what would be the point? I am wondering what everyones thoughts are on this since it really does seem like they've put themselves into a hole for these.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Don't really see why not. Add a new cool race and people will race change, thats a given. Thats money in the bank for activi$$ion

Might not necessarily be a allied race Can be neutral races like the pandaren

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Don't really see why not. Add a new cool race and people will race change, thats a given. Thats money in the bank for activi$$ion
    While that is true, I just don't see how they could possibly spin it any longer. Especially since they don't like neutral faction races.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Gotta remember that lore is just there to add gameplay features. They can make up any story they want to add something pretty much. A large chunk of the playerbase probably doesn't care about lore and doesn't even know what the purpose of allied races even was, originally.

Doubtful, but as Vulpera and Mechagnome will show they will still add races to only one faction even if they are not at war.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer they went down the route of sub-races in the form of customisation options at this point. However, I'm not against the inclusion of some more allied races if it fits. I'm just wondering how it'll fit if there proves to be substance to the rumours of the relaxing or outright dissolution of the in-game faction divide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea we will. Vulpera and Mechgnomes will probably be put in soon as the new xpac is available for sale

After that who knows what the next group will be. Mok'nathal use the Kul Tiran frame and would work as a compromise to the long wanted ogre race. I'd say there aren't enough of them but void elves and lightforged are barely a thing and they got races. I'd rather have ogres but they seem bound and determined to say it won't work.

Then you have the missing races that are canonically in the horde and alliance already. Wildhammer Dwarves, High Elves (I know), Broken, Taunka and Revantusk Forest Trolls. Could add some of them especially if Blizzards wants to do another 2 races for the xpac buy. Personally I'd rather they do one after the shitshow that nightborne models turned into (Seriously I want my female eyes fixed) but since they basically have vulpera and mechagnomes already done maybe the 2nd race won't be a rush job this time.

I'd much rather they skip more allied races until they add more customization options for the already existing ones.
    More variety in models, hair, tattoo's, face, scars and heck, maybe even more dances for the races, something that was promised many eons ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I hope not. It’s not that I don’t like allied races. I just don’t like new races being introduced mid expansion. Beginning of expansion or end of expansion to give something to do while we wait for the next one is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

seems almost like they've just abandoned the idea of allied races at this point, there hasn't been word of a new set of allied races all year. they've missed their chances to do vulpera or mechagnomes, the hype for both is just not there anymore and they should have capitalized on it earlier. they're dropping the ball if you ask me

Highly doubtful.

One of the purposes of Allied Races was to highlight the new leveling experience with a reward of a transmogable armor at the end.

Sadly they tuned the leveling experience poorly and BfA isn't very alt-friendly with very few reasons to have more than your main character.

So there's just not a lot of reasons to put out more allied races when it's not all that profitable and doesn't seem to lead to long term MAUs. Yes there's a short burst of cash with race changes but that windfall isn't nearly as important as long term subscription.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    seems almost like they've just abandoned the idea of allied races at this point, there hasn't been word of a new set of allied races all year. they've missed their chances to do vulpera or mechagnomes, the hype for both is just not there anymore and they should have capitalized on it earlier. they're dropping the ball if you ask me
    Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne releasing at the end of Legion say hello.

It's a pack of four ARs at the end of BFA to pad out the drought until 9.0. JUST like what happened in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Doubtful, but as Vulpera and Mechagnome will show they will still add races to only one faction even if they are not at war.
    I don't think we're even getting these two. Vulpera looked promising, but they are pretty much old news now and I don't see how they can become relevant to the story at this point. As for mechagnomes, the way they are made strongly suggests that they've never been planned to become an allied race as their mechanical bits are not compatible with armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allied races do open up the door for adding as many playable races as they want, as long as they use the same model/skeleton/rig/whatever as current playable core races. It's probably not a good idea though to keep adding new allied races over new core races with new models/skeletons/rigs/whateverz.

The only additional allied race I would like to have is the Ankoan. Beyond that I think they should go wild with additional customization via hairstyle, facial features, beards, hair color, skin color, etc.

We still only have four for each faction. We should be getting at least one more set before BfA is over; or at least as part of a transitional patch between xpacs (8.3.5).

If I had to take a guess, anything from junker gnomes to light forsaken is still on the table. Just a matter of what they decide to go with for the coming narrative

I'd rather see brand new playable races like blood elf, draenei, goblin and worgen. Not just cheap reskins with a few extra customizable options. Also all the existing races we currently have should have a massive overhaul with all sorts of extra customisations. Undead with beards would look cool, humans should have tattoos and markings, blood elves should have scars and other visible injuries for having fought against Arthas. The character customisation in WoW is a huge joke compared to most modern games,

I was under the impression (however wrong it could be) that each current race would get a corresponding "Allied" race counterpart.

If this is the case then the ones missing would be

Undead - ?
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Worgen - ?
    Pandaren - ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so...