View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    ...No. 10 not having come up with some ingenious wheeze to circumvent Benn's legislation (which they say they have).
    Grieve seems to think that there is no way around the Benn Act and that it is all bluster from Johnson designed to destabilise an anti-no deal coalition. I have to say I would not put this past Johnson and co.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    So what? Of course they don't care: BJ is a proven liar, a philandering adulterer, an inept buffoon. He's no more fit to lead the country than Jim Davidson. You paint it as if the reality is different?
    Well you've decided that based on an accusation that not only is Johnson guilty but "there will have been others".

I'm not painting it as anything I am simply pointing out that you are just as rigid in your opinion of Johnson as his supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Grieve seems to think that there is no way around the Benn Act and that it is all bluster from Johnson designed to destabilise an anti-no deal coalition. I have to say I would not put this past Johnson and co.
    I think it's almost certain that they will try something (whether it works or not is an entirely different story - you can all but guarantee an immediate judicial review of any significant executive action taken by the Government relating to Brexit between now and October 31st).

Have a feeling that it will go down to the wire and Halloween will be seismic.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I think it's almost certain that they will try something (whether it works or not is an entirely different story - you can all but guarantee an immediate judicial review of any significant executive action taken by the Government relating to Brexit between now and October 31st).

Have a feeling that it will go down to the wire and Halloween will be seismic.
    Maybe, but I would not be at all surprised if it is all an act designed to give the illusion that they - the non-establishment - are doing all that they can to stop the establishment from derailing The Will of the People.

Ok, well, let's forget alleged sexual assault.

Johnson is a serial liar and adulterer.

Any better?
    That he is.

Not really - it's all quite depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Really?

I'm finding it all fascinating and hilarious at this point.

One of my fave things to do at the moment is to go to a Brexiteer forum and trigger them just to watch them foam at the mouth with obscenities its absolutely hilarious how easily you can push their buttons.
    Whatever floats your boat.

I don't suppose that any of them have been triggered enough to leave the country though.

Well you've decided that based on an accusation that not only is Johnson guilty but "there will have been others".

That was exactly what Pann did when an investigation was launched into the Labour party, presumed guilt on the basis of a process which hadn't even begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Probably because that's exactly what Boris wants.

If he gets kicked out of power, and the opposition are the ones that have to ask for an extension, that works perfectly for his plan to go into the election on the basis of "Tories v the enemies of Brexit" platform.

On the other hand, if he has to pen the letter that the law demands he writes, and the extension happens as a result of his actions, his entire basis for the election is undermined. Plus he looks like a pussy, which doesn't play well to the base he is trying to keep.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they are pushing the whole "we have a way around the Benn act" so hard is because they really don't. They know they will have to ask for an extension unless they get that no confidence vote first. Bluffing is pretty much the only thing they've been doing for the last 3 years. It's as natural as breathing now.

Wait until he writes, and the EU agree an extension. Then vote, get him out of power and get the election going. Let him stand on his record of utter, comprehensive and unprecedented failure. If people still vote for him, that's their problem.
    actually looking at the polls i think the plans much simpler, snap election, gain majority after purging all the remainer conservatives from there seats, over turn benns law, crash out of the eu, meet down at the Winchester and watch it all blow over.

i was also of the mind that he was looking the pass the buck to corbyn to watch him make a hash of it and sink but having seen the polls the last few weeks i think its a clear cut, lets purge the party of dissent and grab a majority in one go.

this is what happens when your main opposition party don't put up much opposition. as things currently stand if i was a betting man i would put my money on No deal being what happens, i think bojo is right that he has a way round benns law or at least a way to keep it locked up in lagaliese till after the 31st and a vote of no confidence into a GE will just see the cons regain there majority and also see the brexit party steal seats from labour, ending in a no deal.

the ONLY way out of this mess i can see is a vote of no confidence and a government of national unity that asks for the extension, which brings us back to the deadlock we were months ago where no ones willing to see corbyn as PM and corbyn isn't willing to see anyone else as PM. so the question is will corbyn put the nation before his ideology.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-30 at 08:39 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/queen-so...inister-638320

dear Lillibeth is not amused with her PM or so it seems
    Queen will not act prematurely for sure, but she wants to know her options for sure.
    interesting times ahead, stock on popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/queen-so...inister-638320

dear Lillibeth is not amused with her PM or so it seems
    Queen will not act prematurely for sure, but she wants to know her options for sure.
    interesting times ahead, stock on popcorn
    ahhh yes the "other" option.

aside form the unity goverment above there is technically the off chance that the queen could sack bojo if he didn't follow the benn law and install literally any one in the country as PM to quickly ask for an extension.

but this could potentially be a constitutional nuclear detonation, that the queen would be vary reluctant to do without sound support from a big section of society and MP's and good justification such as intentions to break or circumnavigate the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    ahhh yes the "other" option.

aside form the unity goverment above there is technically the off chance that the queen could sack bojo if he didn't follow the benn law and install literally any one in the country as PM to quickly ask for an extension.

but this could potentially be a constitutional nuclear detonation, that the queen would be vary reluctant to do without sound support from a big section of society and MP's and good justification such as intentions to break or circumnavigate the law.
    Maybe we'll have a repeat of Charles 1st marching into the commons?

asdsadsdasdad

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, back to this:

How, exactly, during the events of the last three / four years have I been "rigid in my opinion" during the Brexit process as a whole?

If there is one thing I cannot be accused of, it's being "rigid in my opinion".

- - - Updated - - -

And this is just hysterical.

"i has now been told that the Queen personally asked for advice on the constitutional circumstances in which she can effectively sack a prime minister."

While the blood is flowing, Pann will still be telling us to sit on the fence.
    asdsadsdasdad ????

asdsadsdasdad

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, back to this:

How, exactly, during the events of the last three / four years have I been "rigid in my opinion" during the Brexit process as a whole?

- - - Updated - - -

"i has now been told that the Queen personally asked for advice on the constitutional circumstances in which she can effectively sack a prime minister."

Maybe we should break the fence :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Maybe we'll have a repeat of Charles 1st marching into the commons?
    she still technically has that power, but my head hurts trying to think of possible repercussions from exercising it.

ginspeak for don't fuck with me
    who was it at?

asdsadsdasdad

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, back to this:

- - - Updated - - -

What are you on about???

I simply pointed out that because you don't like Johnson you've decided that he is guilty of the accusation as well as other unknown accusations - that we all know are true, wink, wink - whilst at the same time complaining that the truth would not matter to his followers.

No, I will be telling you that are quite right that it is a hysterical story and should probably be ignored.

lol - no-one in particular.... just symptomatic of the mood of the country

Apparently, though, despite the Queen actually seeking advice on how to dismiss her PM, we shouldn't panic.

What we need is further evidence.

Evidence that BJ & Cummings are, indeed, evil cunts who will stop at nothing

sorry.... a Giant Wetlands Crocodile interrupted my /afk

to further their own malicious, selfish & vampiric desires
    I'm pretty sure she could make it look like an accident, should it come to this.
    It should be noted that giant wetland crocs are also notoriously malicious cunts.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you on about???

I simply pointed out that because you don't like Johnson you've decided that he is guilty of the accusation as well as other unknown accusations - that we all know are true, wink, wink - whilst at the same time complaining that the truth would not matter to his followers.

No, I will be telling you that are quite right that it is a hysterical story and should probably be ignored.
    It's just Nigel's worst half rising again. Le Gin. Nuf tel.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Johnson is a liar and probably abit of a womanizer that and he already has a dirty dick so it would not be surprising if the little troll couldnt keep it in his pants even if it cost taxpayer money, I deem everything against him true unless proven guilty.
    Yeah? And? You appear to be talking about something else. Nigel and I were talking about the allegation that he squeezed a journalist's thigh. I honestly have no idea what you mean by your last sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    I'm pretty sure she could make it look like an accident, should it come to this.
    Phillip, fire up the Uno!

I am going to hell!

Phillip, fire up the Uno!

I am going to hell!
    Is that the royal version of kinky?

How dare you, Pann?

"Should probably be ignored?"

Your "hysterical story" is my daughter's nightmare. My wife's nightmare.

So, here we have it. For the first time since I joined this forum in 2009 or whenever it was, I now have a person on ignore. Good, good.
    I really have no idea what you're on about - but I am honoured!

Do you really think a story that is full of lines such as "i has been told.", "A source claims", "The alleged consultations", "One well-placed source", etc is worthy of being taken seriously? It's a nothing story.

And I don't know why anyone would have nightmares about the Queen sacking the PM personally I would find it really quite funny if it was to come to pass.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0930/1079253-border

The UK has proposed the creation of a string of customs posts along both sides of the Irish border as part of its effort to replace the backstop, RTÉ News understands.

The ideas, which would be highly controversial, are contained in proposals sent from London to the European Union - extracts of which have been seen by RTÉ News.

The proposals would effectively mean customs posts being erected on both sides of the border, but located perhaps five to ten miles 'back' from the actual land frontier.

This is because under British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, the UK is insisting that Northern Ireland remain completely outside the EU’s customs union for industrial goods and agri-food products.

Even more controversial is a proposal that the goods moving from a so-called "customs clearance site" on the northern side of the border to a similar site on the southern side would be monitored in real time using GPS via mobile phone data, or tracking devices placed on trucks or vans.

The ideas are contained in one of four so-called 'non-papers' submitted by UK officials during recent technical discussions in Brussels.

Under the British proposals, both the UK and EU would create what are believed to be called "customs clearance sites", but to all intents and purposes a customs post.

Traders would have a choice of either a straightforward customs declaration which would have to be lodged and cleared on either side of the border, or the so-called 'transit' system.

Under a transit scheme, the exporter becomes a registered 'consigner' at base, and the importer becomes a registered 'consignee'.

The method requires a bond from a financial institution to guarantee that the relevant customs duty, excise and VAT have been paid and that the goods do not go illegally off the beaten track en route.

The UK proposals have been discussed in technical talks with the European Commission’s Brexit Task Force under Michel Barnier.

However, the detail of the four non-papers have not been disclosed to EU member states.

The customs issue was presented as a non-paper on "alternative arrangements".

Mr Johnson has long argued that the backstop, which originally required Northern Ireland to remain in the single market and customs union in order to obviate the need for checks and controls along the border, could be replaced by so-called alternative arrangements.

These ideas tend to include trusted traders schemes, technology, transit and exemptions from EU customs rules.

The latest proposals fleshed out in discussions with EU officials would foresee customs clearance sites where consignments are checked and cleared, with data being provided to the customs authorities on both sides of the border.

The authorities would decide on the basis of the data which truck or consignments to check.

These checks would take place at traders' premises or at "inland customs clearance sites".

This would effectively give rise to customs infrastructure, albeit at some distance from the border.

It is understood there could be up to ten such sites on either side of the border, under the UK’s proposals.

According to the plans, larger companies could apply for Authorised Economic Operator status, which would minimise the level of customs checks.

However, micro-businesses and SMEs would, according to recent testimony from freight and industry figures, find such status expensively prohibitive.

Briefings by EU sources in recent weeks have made it clear that under Mr Johnson, the UK has focused its efforts on avoiding physical infrastructure at the actual land border.

European Commission officials have made it clear that the UK appears to have retreated from the commitments entered into by former prime minister Theresa May in the Joint Report of December 2017, which aimed to avoid a hard border, physical infrastructure, and related checks and controls, as well as aiming to preserve the all-island economy and North-South cooperation.

While the UK has proposed an all-Ireland agri-food zone, in order to avoid onerous regulatory checks on food, live animals and animal-derived products, they have made it clear that both food and animal products, as well as industrial goods, would be liable to customs controls, as Northern Ireland would remain in the UK's customs union, with no customs alignment with the EU - if the proposals seen by RTÉ News are in keeping with such a position.

However, if they were to be formally tabled by the UK they would mark a stark retreat from the December 2017 promises, and would not meet the EU’s demand that any new proposals meet all the outcomes of the backstop.

The EU understands that the UK will table formal papers on customs and other elements either on Wednesday or Thursday, after Mr Johnson has addressed the Conservative Party Conference in Manchester.

Both the idea of customs posts, or "clearance sites" on both sides of the border, as well as real-time tracking of the movements of goods and vehicles, would be a highly controversial concession for the Irish Government to make.
    Here we are, the latest stupid plan that would go no where. Where if the 0.1% chance was accepted would be target number 1 when the troubles resume.